South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 01-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Bronze Member

Default *Alarm Thread*

I’m thinking since spending a healthy wedge on my car it would be wise to up the security on it.

What alarms have people got fitted with what gadgets?
What company was used to install it?
And what sort of price is a top spec alram with all the toys nowadays? I remember paying £650 for a Toad alarm back in my Saxo days, seems they can be had a bit cheaper now.

I have seen horrific installs by GAP security on 4 of my mate’s cars, 1 corsa, 2 Saxos, and a civic. Every one of them was ruined! Didn’t work properly, random unoccupied drill holes and drill slip scratches in the engine bay, expeosed wires, and one even ruined their ECU, so will not be wanting to use these guys.

They can be either Bristol based or Kent based, or even Brighton / South coast based.

Any info on products available, price, and experience will be great…
Old 01-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Silver Member

I have a Thatcham Cat 1 Clifford Concept 650 G5 with Turbo Timer built in, £400 fitted from Road Radio, its been a great alarm so far (almost 3 years)
Old 01-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX_Paul View Post
I have a Thatcham Cat 1 Clifford Concept 650 G5 with Turbo Timer built in, £400 fitted from Road Radio, its been a great alarm so far (almost 3 years)

Those guys just tried charging me £750 for a Concept 650
Old 01-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Plenty of cliffords and toads advertised in the usual car mags.
£300 seems to get alot more now then it did a few years ago.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Gold Member

Could give Huet's a call.....

http://www.huets.com/huetcaraudio.php

Never had a problem with them!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Gold Member

i have found removeing the complete wiring loom and leaving at home seems to be working very well
Old 18-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Bronze Member

I can reccommend a great installer, done work on all my cars, he's based in SE London/Surrey border but IMO worth the drive if you're not sorted already

Quote from my SurreyScoobies post

Quote:
Just a heads up to mention a top installer, he has been in the business since 1985 working for an install company that unfortunately folded recently. So he has set up on his own, in fact he has been doing private jobs for me on all my cars since 2000, be it alarms, stereos etc.

His name is Alan Smewing and can be contacted on alansmew@aol.com or 07973 315 674

He has vast experience in and can offer:

Cat1 alarms
Cat2 immobilisers
Trackers
Radios
Speakers
Amps etc

If you are in need of anything like this give him a ring for a quote, I can certainly vouch for his ability and his integrety.
Mention my name

Hope this is OK with the SES mods
Old 18-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Bronze Member

Cheers Justin, I have sorted mine now but its nice to get a solid recommendation.

Hopefully i can do the same once my alarm has been installed...
Old 18-03-2010, 03:06 PM
worzel

Justin

No problem at all. Thanks for posting the details.

If we had some other favourable reports on them, we could maybe put a link in the recommended section