South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events

SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events SES club meets and events Only

Old 14-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Authorised Trader

Default Re: SurreyScoobies Monthly Meet....14th December

was good to meet some new and familiar faces.

Was a tad cold, wan't my car now

Jas
Old 14-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman
Sorry guys,scoob off the road.
Didnt see the fun in going in the beemer in the end.

Worzel has put his back out, and is spaced out on pain killers
Not with a spanner again

Sorry steve couldn't resist, seriously tho hope your ok mate
Old 15-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Bronze Member

hey guys!! was great to meet you yesterday! cath cheers you was very welcoming! oh and dani is not my mrs!! she my best friend lol she loves the scoob so will prob be around for alot of meets, it didnt take us too long to get home either!! but was shame alot of u didnt make it?? would have been cool to have met u , oh well , maybe next time

damien
Old 15-12-2008, 08:55 AM
worzel

Not in a good way still. Took me 5 mins to get my socks on this morning

On a mixture of Diazipan, diclofenac sodium and pain killers. I don't think I can handle too long at work today, it is agony!

Sorry guys but I could only just cope the 1 mile trip to work in the Beemer with heated seats on full blast. I would have got nowhere yesterday in the scooby (if I could have got in it at all).

Sounds stupid, but I'm glad it's gone now and not in a weeks time! I'ts been threatening to go for about 5 weeks now and has always gone away again. It was always going to go, it was just a matter of when. Only a back sufferer will truly understand that comment probably.

Hope you all had a good one though.

Old Man Worzel
Old 15-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Bronze Member

Location: Commuting somewhere between West Sussex and New Malden...

Sorry I couldn't be there either folks, family issues.

Worzel, all I can say about your back problem is that it gets better with age... it's not a case of waiting for it to go, you wake up and KNOW that it's going to hurt anyway!
Old 15-12-2008, 09:33 AM
worzel

Your not wrong Rob.

The beauty of getting on in years

I can only handle a bit more of today and I will have to shoot! No amount of drugs is touching it today
Old 15-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Authorised Trader

Hope you get better soon dude.

I was umming and erring before I went to the meet, to if I wanted another Scooby. After hearing Anti Lag everywhere. My mind was made up

Will put the skyline up in the for sale section if you guys could just spread the word

Jas
Old 15-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Silver Member

Hiya all
sorry i never made it only the scoobs not quite running right so hoping to be all good for the 20th..

trace..x
Old 15-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Bronze Member

Location: Commuting somewhere between West Sussex and New Malden...

Oh yes, the Surrey boys are a bit partial to a bit of Anti Lag

Makes the arrival at the Fairmile "interesting"...
Old 15-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Authorised Trader

Yesterday was the first itme I had seen the new STi in the metal, and I love it!

Rob, will sign up over on surrey later today.

Jas
Old 15-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omen46
hey guys!! was great to meet you yesterday! cath cheers you was very welcoming! oh and dani is not my mrs!! she my best friend lol she loves the scoob so will prob be around for alot of meets, it didnt take us too long to get home either!! but was shame alot of u didnt make it?? would have been cool to have met u , oh well , maybe next time

damien
Sorry about that. Thats what you get for assuming

I know what you mean steve, my back twinge's (don't think I spelt that right) alot and obvouisly this weather don't help.
My mates think I'm mad when I say it feels like someone has taken a crowbar to my back

And before anyone says anything...

I know I'm mad
Old 15-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel
Your not wrong Rob.

The beauty of getting on in years

I can only handle a bit more of today and I will have to shoot! No amount of drugs is touching it today
Do you or have you ever played a certain sport? lower back problems are often due to shortening of hamstring muscles, they are actually easy to increase in flexibility if you know how and relieve the pressure on the 'erector spinae' muscles at bottom of back.
Old 16-12-2008, 08:42 AM
worzel

Backs are dodgy old things.

I had an accident when I was a roofer many years ago. I was loading up a roof and I had a load of tiles on my shoulder, I got 3 rungs up the ladder when the rung snapped (and believe it or not I was only 11 stone then ) I then hit the deck with tiles still in place and compressed the bottom two disks in my spine. I think I said blimey that smarts! ........ or something similarly anglo saxon and swear filter unfriendly .

With regards hamstrings, yes Dave, I have got really short hamstrings, always have had. I played a lot of football in my younger days (to East Sussex Premier standard I hasten to mention ) which was 3-4 a week. 1-2 games of 5 a side and Saturday & Sunday. Never pulled the hamstrings at all. Had to give up when I was 30 due to really bad knees though, which I'm sure was a problem brought on by the roofing.

The back is always going to give me problems and I have been told it is inoperable In fairness I have had a good run of 2 years without trouble and then had 2 bouts this year.

Such is life. If I was a horse I would have been sent to the glue factory years ago
Old 17-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Bronze Member

na cool cath, stage 1 of fitting my gauges went well yesterday, stage 2 next monday, will keep u all posted !! thanks to scott t!!! it was alot easier than it could have been !!what a legend !! cheers mate !!
Old 17-12-2008, 10:23 AM
worzel

Scott is a top bloke matey

We are lucky to have him here
Old 17-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Bronze Member

yep hes a fantastic bloke!!