South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Other Events

Other Events Other Regional Events, National Events, Track Days, Tunnel Runs Etc Etc

Old 03-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Default Miss Banzai TUNNEL RUN 13/03/10

Tunnel Run! 13/03/2010‏

The next MissBanzai Tunnel Run...

This will be held on Saturday 13th March 2010, and we'll be starting it from Essex Arena again, from 9.30pm.
If you want to come please make sure you register and pre-pay on the Just Giving site (link is on the thread below). Full details can be found on the forum here:

http://www.missbanzai.com/showthread.php?t=6304

We raised over £1,600.00 on our last Tunnel Run, for Bowel Cancer UK -hopefully this time we can raise even more for the nominated charity

Hope to see some of you there, any questions, give me a shout LouMissBanzai.com
Old 04-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Platinum Member

Im up for a tunnel run
Old 04-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Silver Member

mate,you know we go bigger on our runs! at missbanzai
the last 2 events we have put on netted us 800+ cars!!!!!!!!!!!!
i really hope to see some of you there this time
Old 07-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Silver Member

WWW.MISSBANZAI.COM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back again for 2010, we present another London Tunnel Run, hosted by MissBanzai.com inviting all Japanese car owners!

*** Note this is for Japanese cars only -no exceptions.. non Jap cars will be refused entry **

The run will kick off at Essex Arena (RM19 1AE) on Saturday 13th March from 9.30pm. Maps will be handed out on arrival to those who have pre-paid through the Just Giving site. There will be no entry to the site after 10.30pm.

Please register your attendance by visting www.justgiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010 and donating your £5.00 entry fee. (Please put user name & club in the comments). Donations made via the Just Giving site will go direct to the nominated charity, Royal London Hospital Kidney Patients Association. This charity was chosen as one of our members who raised extra donations last time has had to undergo a transplant -so we thought it was a good way of showing our appreciation for their help last time!

In comments please put your club name & forum user name -nothing else! (this list will be used to hand out the route maps of the run on the night -there *may* be a limited number of maps on the night BUT this is NOT guaranteed).

-Please arrive at the arena at 9.30pm. PLEASE NOTE you should use the go kart track entrance to the arena. There will be a £1 cash charge entry fee on the gate to cover the arena hire costs.

-Payments for maps can only be taken up to 13:00 on 13th March on the Just Giving site. PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER AFTER THIS TIME or you will not be included on the list of maps for us to allocate on the night! If you do not pay you are not guaranteed a map.

-Entry is £5 for a map (prepay on Just Giving) and £1 per person in cash on the gate to the arena on the night to cover the arena costs.

-This event is for Japanese cars only.. nothing else! There will be marshalls on the gate.

-Please remember to drive responsibly -anyone not doing so will be asked to leave the site.

-You will need to bring sat nav / London A-Z for when you get lost. A passenger / map reader is also a must!

Sky Insurance will be awarding two prizes on the night for the best turned out car of the evening. The prizes could be awarded to any Jap cars from Civics to Skylines... so get polishing!!! Prizes to be confirmed

Hope to see some of you there! Any questions, please drop a mail to missbanzai@googlemail.com or post your questions here! We had approx 300 cars from various different Jap car clubs along last time, so make sure you come along and be part of it and help raise some cash for a worthy cause!!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

This is the biggest tunnel run of the year .(I think)

Good fun if youve not done one before, and it raises money for a good cause.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Regular User

Hey guys -Lou from MissBanzai, thought I'd pop on and say hello

Hope some of you can make it!

There are some pics here from the last one if anyone wants to take a look

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3&l=53a8a9af8b
Old 09-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Gold Member

Hello & Welcome to SES Lou

Hopefully afew from here will make it up there
Old 10-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks for the heads-up Ian ! Looks to be a great event!!
Old 10-02-2010, 09:01 AM
worzel

I'm the old git I'm afraid. I'm not keen on tunnel runs!
Old 13-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Anybody else planning on making an apperance at this?
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 13-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Gold Member

Thinking about it, trying to convince myself to try a tunnel run!!!
Old 13-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Silver Member

guys honestly i swear,having put on three of these before with missbanzai its a fantastic night!we are strict about the jap only rule,trust me 500+ japanese modified cars in one place is a sight to see(to be honest 100 scoobies all together does get kinda boring)even though i own one myself! the fun and atmosphere before hand is great.
ive been going to these type of event for a long time and am really not blowing our own trumpets when i say NO ONE does them like we do.
i would love to see you guys there,i know you will have the time of your life as the in journey photo shoots at meeting points and re grouping areas fun is hilarious.
Old 13-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Platinum Member

Im going to make it, just got a full 3 inch nurspec R to put on the new scoob aswell
Old 13-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

OK let's start a list

1. BlueBugEye
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 13-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

might come along, i've got a new exhaust to fit so i should be able to make some noise too
Old 13-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Bronze Member

Should be going providing car is all up and running well as its due a remap just before
Old 17-02-2010, 01:56 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBoy View Post
Thinking about it, trying to convince myself to try a tunnel run!!!
Go on.. you know it makes sense!!
Old 19-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Regular User

Come on guys... get your names down! This is an event not to be missed!

Old 26-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Silver Member

not long now people,c,mon get your names down!
Old 26-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonairheadz View Post
not long now people,c,mon get your names down!
You heard the man!! lol

You'll need to send over a £5 donation to our nominated charity via this link: http://www.justgiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010

They take cards or paypal
Old 27-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Silver Member

Can we pay on the night, when we get there.
Old 27-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt23 View Post
Can we pay on the night, when we get there.
We might have a handful of spare maps, but I'd really not rely on it..

You can pay on Just Giving by card or paypal, so hopefully no one will have any issues.

If people don't pre-pay, we have no idea of numbers, and no idea how many maps to print!

If you can't pay I'd strongly recommend getting someone to do it on your behalf, then pass them the cash

Not long to go now.. http://www.justgiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010
Old 01-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Regular User

Not long to go now..! Remember if you want to come along to the run, you will need to send over a £5 donation to our nominated charity via Just Giving (accepts paypal and debit / credit cards) here:www.JustGiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010. By making a donation to the nominated charity, this will get your name on our list to be entitled to a route map of the run on the night.

**Note that this event is for Japanese cars only.. anyone turning up in anything else will be turned away, no exceptions.. so please do not try!!**

We have now received confirmation from Sky Insurance that they will be presenting a bottle of champagne and £30 of high street shopping vouchers to the best car of the evening & a box of chocolates and £20 of high street shopping vouchers to the runner up of the evening! -Both prizes donated & judged by Sky Insurance).

There will also be a prize for 'Best Kept' car of the evening, to be judged by www.Route66Bodyworx.com.. so get polishing! Winner will be donated a bottle of Smartwax!! (www.smartwax.com) -Prize donated & judged by Route66 Bodyworx.

Please make sure that you arrive at the arena at 9.30pm to make sure you have time to get in, park up, have a look at all the cars and collect your map.

So what are you waiting for.. get those names down asap! www.JustGiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010

Any questions, please let me know

Old 07-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Silver Member

ok things are hotting up on the just giving site and maps are selling out fast,nows the time to donate(even if your not coming you can still help)but i personally would love to see you there,we really do go bigger than any other tunnel event in the country!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Bronze Member

Ok some of Surrey Scoobies are planning to meet at Clacket lane services on the M25 around 8.45 to depart at 9pm.

Any1 is welcome to join us for a convoy if your interested?
Perhaps put your names down so we know.

This is also posted up on Surrey Scoobies and Sussex scoobies
Old 10-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Silver Member

guys im looking forward to seeing you at the arena,we will be setting up much earlier in the evening
after you have seen our lovely ladies to get your maps,pop over and say hi (i will be in full race suit)
Old 12-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Silver Member

one more sleep people,check the just giving site on missbanzai to see how big its got,and i can guarantee at least 150 to 200 more cars between now and then!
Old 14-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Silver Member

ok awaiting final figures but im guessing hopefully £3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300+ cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
an amazing collection of japanese automotive history.
probably the mildest evening yet,helped us turn the night into a massive success,we counted them in,we waved them out!
thanks to the ones that contributed to a very worthy cause,i hope you enjoyed our company as much as we did yours
simon simonairheadz www.missbanzai.com
Old 14-03-2010, 08:50 PM
worzel

Good job matey
Old 15-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Silver Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok so after a crazy day in the salon i rush home,whack together a quick pesto pasta and load up the scoobie.
pick up max's(jdmmax) friend scott(yakuzanissan)and with littlered head off to lakeside to meet the missbanzai crew.
my passengers get the first taste of my straight through,as we blast through dartford tunnel KEN BLOCK ing it to the max!!!!!!!

park up grab coffee's and stare in wonder at the pink reflective jackets pete has so generously treated us to!
head on over to the arena to get set up!(waddoya mean my cars loud)

we find our spots and start letting them in,before we know it they are lining up to the edge of the motorway!

i get the news that member big boy aka garry whose chosen charity it is has given the girls a massive envelope stuffed with cash.....serious cash!!!!!!!
we are dumb struck!!!!!!!!(but hey these are missbanzai people,we set the pace,remember?)

cars cars cars of every mark arrive with the guys numbering them as they come through.
i go to the top roundabout on the entrance to see them lining up"oh ****" this is gonna be big again!

well we get them all in somehow!and start shipping them out!
"have a safe journey"....."thanks for joining us"......"have a great night" i cry as they roar past me with a wave(doesnt it take more than one finger to be called a wave?)
with the banzai crew 300+cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so lights out,gate locked the crew head off ..........LONDON IS OURS(well for tonight anyway)
the drive into town is as fun as ever,a pack of wild dogs(sorry lisa)tearing there way on a mission!

we hit the first tunnel......................................do you have ringing in your ears???????????????????

i think simgoy aka(simon) has now thought following simon was not such a great idea!

deaper and deaper we delve into the bowels of london flaming popping and banging off limiters,laughing crying trying to hold back that little bit of wee that allways tries to come out when you laugh too much!!!

the fun i get from abusing everyone with my P.A. system on the car is off the scale(GET ONE NOW!!)

meet others up at the wheel,westferry(where stinky pete does his lap of shame ORANGE TRUCK WITH VERY LOUD HORNS)

we start the drive to maccy d's,where we are meet by still loads of ace cars,now chillin around 3.00am ish

FEKKIN HELL its only a drive through lol
after many different tries to impersonate cars on foot,most give up and just drive through!!(the clue was in the name DRIVE THRU)

i order via my P.A. system......................"thers no need to shout"comes my reply!!!!!!..................."someone tired"

journey off home with 3 sleeping passengers to my home at 5.15am!

ok so on a scale of 1 to 10......................................as said earlier...........we are missbanzai....10 is where we start our scale!!!!!!!!!!

every time i do a write up after an event(and it seams to have become my thing)lol
im left thinking what a great team we have!every time we do an event we allways pick up another great helper or two along the way.
to everyone that helped on the night...in the words of HAN (the one handed dude that ran the martial arts competition on the island in the bruce lee classic ENTER THE DRAGON).........."YOU HAVE OUR GRATITUDE"!!

you can have many leaders but you still dont have a team,"thanks team,you were awesome"!

on a personel note,a big thank you to my boys carlyle(littlered) and max (jdmmax) for once again making me proud to work along side you.
littlered i guess telling that gallardo"sorry mate jap only turn round"must have been funny lol!

sometimes in life one has to go first and SET THE PACE..........thats not to say into the future that PACE gets beaten!
lets keep turning the screw,picking up the pace,and set the bar for other to attempt to follow!

one last thing before this one finger of mine gives up!
lou lou.........................................thanks for all the great work you have put into missbanzai over your stay with us,your input has been monumental!!!
i wish you heath wealth and happiness into the future,and look forward to meeting up with you at the shows. xxx

simon aka (simonairheadz)
Old 16-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Silver Member

Thanks to all that came along to the March 2010 Tunnel Run!

£1,340.71 was raised on the Just Giving site.. and more donations collected on the night!

Special thanks go to: Gary Bradford, Luke Bradford, Chris Nathanial & Cameron Short, who raised £1,000.00 towards the nominated charity!!

Once all the donations are collected & counted, we'll post the final total up.. looking to be around the £2,500.00 mark though!!

Pics are here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...4913181&ref=mf or check the tunnel run thread here: http://www.missbanzai.com/showthread.php?t=6304
Old 19-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Silver Member

£1,340.71 was raised on the Just Giving site.. and a total of £1,324.00 collected on top of that..

Giving us a total raised of..... £2,664.71!!!

See here! : http://www.justgiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010

Special thanks go to: Gary Bradford, Luke Bradford, Chris Nathanial & Cameron Short, who raised £1,135.00 towards the nominated charity!!

Also thanks to Skifledanabit & Saffron Kitten, who raised £84.00 selling their awesome cakes!

Pics are here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...4913181&ref=mf or check the tunnel run thread here: http://www.missbanzai.com/showthread.php?t=6304
Old 21-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Regular User

£1,340.71 was raised on the Just Giving site.. and a total of £1,324.00 collected on top of that..

Giving us a total raised of..... £2,664.71!!!
See here! : http://www.justgiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010

Special thanks go to: Gary Bradford, Luke Bradford, Chris Nathanial & Cameron Short, who raised £1,135.00 towards the nominated charity!!

Also thanks to Skifledanabit & Saffron Kitten, who raised £84.00 selling their awesome cakes!

Thanks to all that came along and made the night a success!!
Old 21-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

couldn't make it along, but great fundraising effort!