South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 22-02-2019, 06:41 PM
Formerly STIWR1

Default Golf TCR

Quite like the TCR, want to try one of these new age flappy paddle hot hatches. The engines are pretty tuneable as well

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-...ers-open/39676

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22-02-2019, 10:57 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
The 'Pure Grey' TCR signature colour costs an extra £580; if you want to combine that with a black roof, the total additional cost will be £1,130. Leather is £1,750, the 'TCR' honeycomb decals are £550 and a sunroof is £995.
£550 for a naff sticker down the side?
Meh.... i'm sure its a great car but I just can't get excited over a Golf (or any VW) for some reason.

I'd go for this, and save a few grand in the process

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...01809280969643
Old 23-02-2019, 12:25 AM
Formerly STIWR1

BMs are awesome machines. Once you’ve driven one you struggle to better one in a different marque. I’ve had 3 and all been great, but expensive to run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 23-02-2019, 06:50 AM
Platinum Member

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...ifying/9361756

Think i’d Just get a R
Old 23-02-2019, 08:27 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Meh.... i'm sure its a great car but I just can't get excited over a Golf (or any VW) for some reason.
I am exactly the same. I think it must hark back to my love of the 205 GTi, meaning a subconscious eschewing of the Golf, which has stuck!
Old 23-02-2019, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member

What about the i30n+ ? I like the way they offer options on these from the factory like back in the day of subarus . Get a brochure don't just choose the paint colour or what mats you want, more like will you be wanting strut braces ? Brake upgrades ? What system Would you like sir ??? No that's how they should be selling cars lol .
Few people I know have recently driven them and said they are very good.
Old 23-02-2019, 10:16 AM
Platinum Member

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.t...82790.amp.html