South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 14-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Bronze Member

Default Racedynamics visit

Went down to see Duncan this morning, the wrx is now running 288bhp and alot smoother, which isn't too bad seeing as it's only decat and cosworth filter change.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 14-03-2019, 02:11 PM

Nice

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 14-03-2019, 07:59 PM
Gold Member

Does a Bosworth filter change really make much difference over the standard air filter?
Old 15-03-2019, 09:39 AM
Bronze Member

If I'm honest it probably doesn't, the filter itself is less restrictive but I'm not sure how much flow was going through before. The original needed changing so I upgraded anyway.

Old 15-03-2019, 10:01 AM
Platinum Member

I’ve used the cosworth filter many times now and on its own you won’t notice it but it is better flowing , and will help when the boost is increased on a remap.
Old 15-03-2019, 10:03 AM
Platinum Member

Nice figures too . I think the hawks tend to do well compared to bug / blob. A fuel pump , tmi could see you 300hp
Old 15-03-2019, 03:53 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

I'm actually swapping my K & N out for a Cos-worth this weekend - should help protect the MAF!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 15-03-2019, 09:30 PM
Platinum Member

Agreed , Scott has some data logs proving the k&n was too oiled and was more of a restriction.
Old 16-03-2019, 05:29 PM
Bronze Member

Was happy with the power but you always want more....
Think a bigger turbo may be needed as well as from what I read the wrx turbo tends to max out about 300bhp.

Old 16-03-2019, 06:09 PM
Silver Member

Really 280 bhp onnthe td04 they can get to 300 but don’t tend to last that long . Td05 will get you 300-320 I saw one for sale early on Facebook for £70
Vf35 will see you 320-340 but are around £350 used