South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 20-03-2019, 10:22 AM
Bronze Member

Default A27 speed cameras?

I moved to Eastbourne from Surrey a year ago, and my commute for work is the A27 to Hove.

I've never seen any kind of speed trap / camera van / Gatso, etc either permanent or temporary. This MUST be a hotspot area for them especially on the dual carriageway segments, so where are they?!

*Obviously I drive like a little old lady, but I'd imagine someone engaging in spirited driving along that route might find such information useful.
Old 20-03-2019, 12:42 PM
Platinum Member

Seen the van on the Polegate bypass towards the Pevensy Bay end and in the layby by the Kingston roundabout where it drops to 50 heading East but that's about it, seen quite a few traffic cars on that route though.
Old 20-03-2019, 01:29 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

I've seen them a few times on the A27 just on the Brighton side of the Kingston roundabout - where it goes from 70 to 50mph.

They also have unmarked patrol cars at times. I got 3pts on the A27 between Falmer and Lewes once...
Old 20-03-2019, 01:42 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Also when you are past the Hollingbury turn off the van sometimes sits in the lay-by but very rarely. I’m on that road a bit and it seems fairly clear. there’s certainly no static cameras, yet!
Old 20-03-2019, 02:48 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Waze ftw!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 20-03-2019, 08:42 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

A27 heading east between Falmer and Lewes Roundabout, camera van in the layby in the 50mph zone running up to the roundabout.

I did read some news/talk about them putting a camera on the other side as you slow to the same roundabout heading west. Again this is a 70mph dropping to 50mph, so easy target.