South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 21-05-2019, 10:31 PM
Platinum Member

Default I've been at Brand's this evening.

2 demo laps in the M3, then 3 laps in the Lamborghini and 3 more in the GTR.
Preferred the Lamborghini and the instructor although I was very impressed with the cornering grip of the GTR.

IMG-20190521-WA0006.jpg

1558467480152.jpg

1558467355389.jpg
Old 21-05-2019, 10:55 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

That looked good fun. 👍👍
Old 21-05-2019, 11:02 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That looked good fun. 👍👍
It was Steve just not enough laps to fully appreciate these cars. The perfect scenario would be several laps under instruction then a few on your own. One day maybe
Old 21-05-2019, 11:48 PM
Bronze Member

Looks like you had fun. Nice choice of cars too.....

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
Old 22-05-2019, 12:20 AM
Formerly STIWR1

I really like the M3 Comp - great all rounder and I think the proportions look better than the M4. I'd normally go 3 door but for some reason on the F80s I just like the M3.
Old 22-05-2019, 08:43 AM

Cars looked amazing Steve!

Lambo and GTR are amazing machines...

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 22-05-2019, 08:49 AM
Gold Member

That does look fun. Did you buy it as a package evening and can I ask what it cost. Cheers.
Old 22-05-2019, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
That does look fun. Did you buy it as a package evening and can I ask what it cost. Cheers.
I was given this as a present so not sure on initial cost?
However you can soon ramp up the costs if you are not careful. I paid £25 for using BH( premium track), £25 for upgrading to the Lamborghini ( GTR was included in the package), £25 indemnity insurance ( £2500 excess if you don't and crash), £15 for 2 demo laps and finally £25 for photos via their app. Total extra £115 . You can spend a lot more as you are encouraged to upgrade etc and pay for in-car footaged.

Is it worth it? Yes as an experience imo ,I will never own a Lamborghini or GTR unless the numbers come up, you could certainly cut the costs by just sticking with what's on the voucher.

They were offering 10 laps with an instructor in an RS Renault 2 ltr sport for £99 which I thought was good value especially if you want to understand the lines, braking points more and considering you only get 3 laps in the other cars and this includes pittng on the lap 3.

MSV M4 for £190 approximately for 2 X 15 minutes on track under instruction is tempting me at the moment.��

Last edited by Bolesroor; 22-05-2019 at 11:25 AM.
Old 24-05-2019, 10:20 AM
Gold Member

This looks a lot of fun! A mate of mine did a single seater experience at Brands a few years ago and said it was fantastic. I haven't looked at the price for that, but I would to give that a go at some point.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:09 PM
Regular User

Lucky sod.