South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Bronze Member

Default Help what's the best cleaner for shows

What the best stuff to use on my car to clean it when we got to shows as being white it attracts a lot of bug guts.

I know Ryan will have the answer for me, Obviously I just want a spray to clean it.

I'm unsure as when the car is dirty and you spray on a cleaner will you just be moving the dirt about and scratching the car
Old 12-07-2019, 08:00 PM
Platinum Member

Depends on what products you want to use on a white car .This is what I used on my white type r

Snow foam
Autoglym Instant tar remover
Clay bar
Am details shampoo
Poorboys diamond white polish
Poorboys natty red wax

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1998 UK Turbo , 1998 Terzo , 1997 JDM Type R the money pit , 2004 black WRX STI Type UK , 2004 blue FSTI
Old 12-07-2019, 08:17 PM
Bronze Member

Cheers Scotty

I didnt mean to when I wash and detail the car I mean on the drive to the shows my car gets a bit dirty with the bugs etc, so when we get there what can I use there and then to clean it off I see some people spraying somthing on their cars and wipping off the muck.

But seeing this makes me think if your wipping a dirty car will it scratch it as you cant wash it.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:23 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

I just use any reasonable quality quick detailer and a microfibre cloth regularly turned.
If the car is clean before you set off and its just a few bugs etc, then it works fine.
https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/exter...tailing-sprays

Obviously wouldn't do this on a dirty/heavily dusty car.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:35 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

P40 Detailer from Elite Car Care or Clean Your Car dot co dot uk.

Great product that works on pretty much any surface.

And a pack of baby wipes for the wheels
Old 12-07-2019, 08:45 PM

Yeah so long as the car is well protected (sealed and waxed) then any quick detailer will do the job

If the car isn’t waxed then bugs are more likely to bond to the paint like any other contaminant...

As with everything - proper preparation and protection is key for easy show wipe downs...

U thinking for simply jap?

If so, I might have a free Sunday the weekend before if you wanna give her the once over weather dependant?

Ryan

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 12-07-2019, 09:14 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 View Post
Yeah so long as the car is well protected (sealed and waxed) then any quick detailer will do the job

If the car isn’t waxed then bugs are more likely to bond to the paint like any other contaminant...

As with everything - proper preparation and protection is key for easy show wipe downs...

U thinking for simply jap?

If so, I might have a free Sunday the weekend before if you wanna give her the once over weather dependant?

Ryan

Yeah I was thinking for the just jap show, my car has not had a coat of wax since iv had it sprayed so long over due now.

If you dont mind I would love you to work your magic on it as I'll probably make a pig ear of it .

Be good once we do that detailing thing then I'll know the best way but I'm sure your show me anyway.

How did the wedding go, hope you had a great time.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leight View Post
Yeah I was thinking for the just jap show, my car has not had a coat of wax since iv had it sprayed so long over due now.

If you dont mind I would love you to work your magic on it as I'll probably make a pig ear of it .

Be good once we do that detailing thing then I'll know the best way but I'm sure your show me anyway.

How did the wedding go, hope you had a great time.

Wedding was epic mate - thank you for asking

I can do Sunday 21st...

Get to mine for 8:30am-9am?

If you have any products you like to use bring them along - i have clay, compounds, wax etc...

I’ll drop you a PM with my mob and u can let me know what suits

Ryan

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 20-07-2019, 03:11 PM
Regular User

Been using Surf City Detailer for a few years to remove dust and bugs,great stuff.
Old 20-07-2019, 03:28 PM
Platinum Member

I've got a very good rapid detailer smells of pop candy aswell will see if I can get a pic later on for you .

1998 UK Turbo , 1998 Terzo , 1997 JDM Type R the money pit , 2004 black WRX STI Type UK , 2004 blue FSTI
Old 28-07-2019, 01:55 PM
Bronze Member

I tend to use Meguiar's Rapid Detailer. Works pretty well if the car has already been cleaned beforehand, I then top the wax up with Meguiar's Ceramic wax spray and she's shiny again!

Build Thread

Modified and Serviced by Brent @ Southern Motor Developments in Newhaven, East Sussex.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:07 AM

5'2.brunette in shorts....