South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > News, Info, Rules and introductions > News and Announcements

News and Announcements Includes Forum Rules.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Platinum Member

Was suppose to go and look at a car tomorrow.... Shared lots of emails between the owner and now I've said I'll be there tomorrow.... He has disappeared, looks like buying is going to be as annoying as selling
Old 06-07-2012, 10:46 AM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
Was suppose to go and look at a car tomorrow.... Shared lots of emails between the owner and now I've said I'll be there tomorrow.... He has disappeared, looks like buying is going to be as annoying as selling
Seems to be the way of things at the moment....

Went to buy a S2000 before the S4. Agreed a price with fella on the S2000 the night before and spent loads of time on phone and very happy with what I was told and told him its good as sold and will be there tomorrow and agreed to meet him 2pm the following day.

It was a rare day of nice weather, and 2pm pretty much threw my day as I had to wait around till about midday before I was all ready to drive to him which was 2 hours away. Of which just before leaving got a text say can we leave it today as he was truggling with time.

So said to him my day was screwed anyway so can we just meet up later that evening. He replied will get back to you shortly. So waited around even longer till 6pm before finally getting a text from him saying sorry but he has decided not to sell..

Instantly knew his game, and he had kept me dangling on a piece of string all day waiting for another to look at the car that must have discussed a higher price and sold it to him. Couldn't give a monkeys about the car, but we had a deal and the twat wasted my a whole day. Stupid thing was, if price was the issue I would have gladly paid him a fair bit more, he ony had to negotiate with me, but as it was he was OK with price at the time......

Dangerous game really as I know where he lives, his phone number and what he does for a living - I'm not the malicous type, but someone else might not have left it where I did.

So yep its difficult selling cars, but not much easier buying.! Money is tight and the world has gone mad.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Platinum Member

I hate the buying and selling game now, at the end of the day if you want the car you should be able to afford it and not expect to get any money off, I know everyone knocks abit off etc but the price is set for a reason so if it's up for 4k don't expect to buy it for 1.5k. Also what's the point of putting a car up for sale if your not gonna sell it? If you don't want to sell it or are unsure just keep it don't mess people around, if you want to sell it then sell it don't mess people around.

Sorry for the mini rant but it really annoys me, I told one bloke who phoned up to buy my black scoob after a long conversation "what's the point in phoning up if you can't afford it?"
Old 07-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWRX View Post
I hate the buying and selling game now, at the end of the day if you want the car you should be able to afford it and not expect to get any money off, I know everyone knocks abit off etc but the price is set for a reason so if it's up for 4k don't expect to buy it for 1.5k. Also what's the point of putting a car up for sale if your not gonna sell it? If you don't want to sell it or are unsure just keep it don't mess people around, if you want to sell it then sell it don't mess people around.

Sorry for the mini rant but it really annoys me, I told one bloke who phoned up to buy my black scoob after a long conversation "what's the point in phoning up if you can't afford it?"
I agree, to an extent I think most people are prepared to let their cars/parts go for a bit cheaper than their set asking price but expecting to buy something for half the advertised price is a bit cheeky!

There was a stage of 'just testing the water' for sale adverts - which pretty much equates to 'I'll let it go for what I think it's worth' not what it's worth in the real world!!

Anyway, back to the thread.......

Keep the Impreza, get a towbar for the option of a trailer then a road legal track car........

http://pistonheads.com/sales/4039653.htm
Old 07-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma View Post
I agree, to an extent I think most people are prepared to let their cars/parts go for a bit cheaper than their set asking price but expecting to buy something for half the advertised price is a bit cheeky!

There was a stage of 'just testing the water' for sale adverts - which pretty much equates to 'I'll let it go for what I think it's worth' not what it's worth in the real world!!
That's exactally it, it's like you may have a car that's worth 5-6k but today you might only get 3-4k, a car is only worth as much as someone's willing to pay for it.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:22 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

its not just cars, its in general. I've very recently sold my parents house, and same thing agreed price as you do, and very close to completion and after survey the buyers decided to try and chip the price a little for no real valid reason other than trying to take advantage of a situation

As you say a price it only what someone is prepared to pay thats always been given, what gets me is people welshing on a deal at the inconvenience and sometimes cost of others. Legally or in contracting an 'offer, counter offer and acceptance' is then a legally binding contract. Shame we can't adopt more of the scottish system.

Anyway my rant over also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma View Post

Keep the Impreza, get a towbar for the option of a trailer then a road legal track car........

http://pistonheads.com/sales/4039653.htm

A scoob towing something like that to an event would turn some heads, and you would have more fun in something like that, than any 500+bhp super Saloon.

So what you got lined up this weekend to look at Nige.! ?.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:59 AM
Nige

http://pistonheads.com/sales/4039653.htm Im likeing that.

Working nights all weekend + Monday night. Nothing to look at.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Silver Member

Same as that, the rain is a
Blessing on a Saturday night....... Might keep you busy still tho!
Old 08-07-2012, 05:22 AM
Nige

Bloody fierman fast asleep as normal & yes rain has helped mate.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:29 AM
Silver Member

If only I was a fireman..... Sleep at work all night and have another job during the day - I'd be rich!!!

Only 2.5 hours to go....
Old 08-07-2012, 06:15 AM
Nige

06.30 im meant to get off. Fingers crossed have a good one buddy & be ready to do it all again tomorow!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Silver Member

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3938022.htm

The guy selling it seems like a happy chappy!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Gold Member

thats a nice looking evo tomma. there you go nige