South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Engine Management

Engine Management For all your mapping,diagnostics and electronics

Old 24-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Regular User

Default Motec

Hi Anyone have knowledge or info on how to switch on flat shift. Car fitted with Motec unit. Not on my scubby, its on our race car with sequential box. Art
Old 24-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Platinum Member

Is the flat shifting option just a switch ?

I was lead to believe other parameters need tinkering with to map a car for flat shifting ?

Jolly Green will know.

May be pm him.
Old 24-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Silver Member

Technically you will need something which will tell(switch/micro switch) the ECU you are shifting,but you must be sure your ECU have this function enabled(on MoTeC is optional and for extra),on MoTeC is called this function Gear Change Ignition Cut

Jura
Old 26-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Regular User

Default Motec

Hi there thx for that, we got into the screen which showed gear cut but it said it was off, we could not find a way of changing that to on? Any ideas
Old 26-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Hi there thx for that, we got into the screen which showed gear cut but it said it was off, we could not find a way of changing that to on? Any ideas
Hi there i'm not very familiar with MoTeC units,but can be you don't have enabled this function.

What i've read Gear Change Ignition Cut must also be setup in the Digital Input Functions

Here is good PDF about this

http://www.motec.com.au/filedownload...pdf?docid=3437

Plus here are few threads about this

http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100016

http://www.motec.com/forum/viewtopic...&t=2039&p=9259

http://www.motec.com.au/forum/viewto...1&t=911&p=4253

http://www.efi101.com/forum/viewtopi...f3c4230fe2cad2

http://www.motec.com/forum/viewtopic...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Really best shot will be if you could sign up on the MoTeC forum,there you can help easier

Jura
Old 26-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Regular User

Many thanks, interesting reading. I have passed it on to the guy with his finger on the keyboard! I will let you know how we get on

Art
Old 26-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Regular User

Ok thanks, where is he based? The race car is not road legal so it s a pain to have to trailer it to someone just to sort this niggle. Art
Old 26-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Many thanks, interesting reading. I have passed it on to the guy with his finger on the keyboard! I will let you know how we get on

Art

Quote:
Ok thanks, where is he based? The race car is not road legal so it s a pain to have to trailer it to someone just to sort this niggle. Art
I would ask mappers as Simon@JGM,Bob Rawle@BRD Development or Paul@Zen Performance which have experience with MoTeC ECU

But i think RCM is dealer for MoTeC and they using only in they TA cars only MoTeC units,best will be contact RCM and usually there mapping doing Paul B. or Simon@JGM is mobile mapper and he can come to your place

Jura
Old 27-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Regular User

Hi Thanks for that I will pass it on, the engine was built by Swindon Racing (they used to do the vauxhall touring car engines) They are going to look into this as well.

Very Grateful for your help

Art
Old 27-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Bronze Member

Bob is based in Swindon do know he has done some mapping at rcm
Cheers
Adrian