South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 08-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Regular User

Default Dodgy Alarm and Immobilser

Hello, I need HELP.

So the other day I started the car as normal and took a slow leisurely drive about a mile and a half to the local Tesco. Got out the car and went to lock it and nothing happened. Locked it manually left it for an hour or so while shopping, came out and tried it again but nothing happens. Got the battery in the key changed and still nothing. Eventually got the code for the original alarm and entered it onto the little keypad thing and it fired straight up.

Get the car home try again to see if it's recognised the key again and nothing.

After phoning a coupe of people I'm told that they don't do parts for the Sigma M30 (think that's the alarm I've got as it's got the original key with the button in it and keypad in little pull down thing near leg) That means I gotta have it ripped out and another one put in for the small price of £500.
Nothing said about looking to see if it could be reprogrammed to the key, just straight for install a new alarm. Anyone else know what else I could try first. I don't really wanna outlay £500 for no reason if it can just be reprogrammed

Thanks
Old 08-08-2018, 02:39 PM
Regular User

Car is a 2006 wrx blob eye
Old 08-08-2018, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member

I know the sigma fobs can be re-programmed but not sure about the ones built into the key. Do a search for sigma on the forum as I'm sure the procedure has been posted in the past.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:18 PM
Regular User

I bought a new fob for a 2001 classic which I think uses Sigma M30. It was relatively straight forward to reprogram via the keypad. Fob came from Advanced automotives. might be worth giving them a call ??
https://www.advancedautomotives.com/...546-1678-p.asp
Old 09-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Regular User

Yeah I think I'm going to Google the reprogramming thing and see what I can find. Hopefully it turns out to be something simple. Thanks
Old 09-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member

Save you having to hunt around, quick link here that also includes a link to the owners manual for the alarm.

https://www.scoobynet.com/security-1...a-key-fob.html
Old 09-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Regular User

Red Baron that looks like the stuff I need. Much appreciated.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:21 PM
Regular User

Red Baron I could kiss you right now. You star. Saved me wasting £500. Key had just lost it's memory. Thanks buddy. If we ever meet, I owe you a pint ��
Old 11-08-2018, 06:54 PM
Platinum Member

Not a problem, glad it worked ok.

Shane