South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Platinum Member

Default A sad happy story

I have a mate "Tone" and we have been best buddies for 32 yrs.

He is an electrician and was working on a rough estate over Kings Hill wiring up some lights in a kitchen. It was a Friday, and a one day job.

A guy of about 55 lived there by himself with an English Bull Terrier.
Tone was working away when all of a sudden the guy freaked out on his dog and started violently kicking it in the ribs really hard.

Tone was well pizzed off about this as it happened 3 times that day. Tone finished the job & went home.
That night he found himself laying in bed thinking about the dog and on Saturday afternoon he done what was right. He drove over there and nicked the dog out the front garden, threw it on the passenger seat of his van then drove off.

Down the high st and spent a wunna in the pet shop. Monday up the vets and paid for all the injections ? what ever they are.
Gave the dog a good bath and spoilt him rotten and named him Archie.

Nine days later Tones boss phoned up and asked him if he stole the guys dog, to which Tone said "yes". Cutting a long story short he had to take the dog back, so early morning on a Sunday morning he drove over there.

He lowered the dog over the wall knowing what the dog was going back too and the dog started barking like mad. Tone jumped into the van and drove off quickly.

(This was the tough bit)
Tone drove off the estate and onto the main road going back to Tonbridge.

200 -300 Mts later Tone looked in his centre mirror to see the dog running full chat behind the van up the middle of the main road.

He drove straight to my house and told me the story and said it was the toughest moment of his life to keep driving.

The following week Tone bought an English Bull Terrier puppy and has enjoyed the last 12 yrs with Archie.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Regular User

So why did you wait 12 years before posting that snippet of information ?
Old 04-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Platinum Member

I never had a Subaru 12 yrs ago
Old 04-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Gold Member

i think i may have been over that fence kicking the bloke in the ribs had i seen that happen to a defencless animal...oh sorry nice story aswell mate!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:17 AM
worzel

It goes back to the comment about owners making dogs what they are.

That dog probably snapped at some point
Old 04-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfudge View Post
that is one f****N priceless answer lol
Old 04-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Silver Member

i can kinda hear that simon bates music in the background lol
Old 04-06-2010, 09:36 AM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonairheadz View Post
i can kinda hear that simon bates music in the background lol
Thanks, me too now!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Regular User

I think I would have nicked the dog as well. Dickheads who treat their dogs like crap need to have it done back to them. I honestly think some underground organisation should be set up to sort these knob heads out. Ive worked with dogs for 8 years and im still shocked at the state of some of the dogs I see come in.

Your mate should have just kept the dog!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Platinum Member

When the boss asked if he'd nicked the dog why didnt he just say NO! and kept him on the quiet and gave him the life he deserved!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby View Post
When the boss asked if he'd nicked the dog why didnt he just say NO! and kept him on the quiet and gave him the life he deserved!!!
Tone was in a very difficult situation, as the MD of the company he was working for at them time was his step father.

Believe me he did not want to return that dog. He still thinks about the issue all these years later.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Good answer
Old 06-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Tone was in a very difficult situation, as the MD of the company he was working for at them time was his step father.

Believe me he did not want to return that dog. He still thinks about the issue all these years later.
yeah i suppose that does make it awkward! its mad how you just cant seem to forget certain things from the past.
I had a westie terrier many years back but he was a snappy and nasty little sod at times around hes food and over certain toys yet i and my old man was able to accept him for what he was and the breed he was yet my mum was petrified of him so he had to go!
A guy from norfolk came and took him to rehome him, said he'd post pics and let us know how he was getting on, never did see or heard anything till this day, and always wondered if he managed to change his ways or the worst case was he put down due to biteing someone??? guess ill never no.