South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > General Pics

General Pics All sorts in here, show us what you've been up to - No adult content.

Old 30-09-2014, 09:09 PM

Default A Blast on the Goodwood Circuit

Hi folks,

A friend managed to get me the opportunity to spend a day at the Goodwood Circuit today, most of it spent watching others boot a variety of Aston Martins around and some Imprezas in a rally environment, with the possibility however of getting my Scoob a few laps around the circuit at some point.

Fortunately the waiting around paid off, not only squeezing in a few laps but also getting driven around the rally stage (pics below) by a Prodrive rally guy called Richard Clews but also taking a passenger ride in one of the Astons on a few warm up laps (yeah right!) by the Aston indurance driver Darren Turner.

Had an awesome day chatting with a load of the Prodrive guys and taking in endless laps of various spec cars so thought I would share some pics!

These are a selection of pics taken on my camera by me or my not so professional assistant but I also got my hands on the pro's pics should anybody wish to see the sort of cars that were out there.

Arrived nice and early and parked up in bay number 1.

Had no idea these would be the cars for the rally drive, absolute madness!

I was taken out for a spin.

Was then taken off to the rally stage in the woodland on the estate, sadly didn't get a chance to go around.

After a spot of lunch I got track side and told I could go shotgun on a few warm up laps with the pro!

After going around the track at what seemed like hyper speed I was then given the opportunity to put the Scoob through its paces, first getting some pointers from one of the other Aston drivers, then going for it myself.

Of course I went hunting for prey...

Cooling off after a bit more of a pounding then it is used too.

A glimpse down the pit lane

Old 30-09-2014, 09:14 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Blimey dude

What a day that turned out to be! Going in a rally car, an Aston and then getting tuition from one of their drivers! Doesn't get much better than that
Old 30-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Awesome perhaps you could introduce SES to your mates..
Old 30-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member

Very cool
Old 30-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Silver Member

Looks like you had a great time
Old 30-09-2014, 10:53 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

That looks like a great day

Jealous! Its a great circuit isn't it
Old 30-09-2014, 11:26 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
Awesome perhaps you could introduce SES to your mates..
:a greed:
Old 01-10-2014, 10:57 PM

Looks like a totaly awesome day out!, I love the Goodwood circuit, it is FAST! I am not Jealous! The Rally bit must have been brilliant!
I know a Richard Clews from work.. hmmmm!!!!! wonder if its the same guy..

How did you find the Scoob on track? was this your first "trackday"?

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:55 PM

It was my first track experience, I loved every minute of it. only got a few laps as I was squeezed in to a busy schedule. The car went really well, as it was a first time I wasn't sure what to expect from the car and I certainly wasn't testing mine or its limits however I was very surprised at just how good it felt and how well it went.

For a standard suspension set up and origianl power output it certainly didn't feel lacking, I was also fortunate as far as a first track experience goes that it was Goodwood bacause as you say it is fast and forgiving if you have a sensible head and a smooth driving manner.

I am sure if I had put in a few more laps certain aspects of the car may have shown weaknesses as many of you have probably found in various experiences in your Scooby ownership but as far as my experience went the car performed fine.

Really got the bug for it now so lets hope I can do it again soon.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Platinum Member

You're a lucky boy
Old 04-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Bronze Member

wow, that look the ticket. Nice one!