South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:26 AM
Gold Member

Default Euro 2016, not good to be English

So today the French national press is full of good football news, France victory over Romania with lots of pics of French and Romanian supporters happily mixing before and after the match. Oh also lots of drunken English supporters trying to pick a fight with anyone in sight.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:49 AM
Gold Member

It's so humiliating.

Every single tournament.

I heard a chap on the radio yesterday insinuating it was the local youth causing the trouble... as if. I'm sure some may not have been blameless, but I'm also sure the English guys involved were only too happy for it to kick off!

There are too many instances to believe those particular fans are anything but a bunch of twats!
Old 11-06-2016, 08:53 AM

Disgraceful behaviour...sad how a small minority can ruin it for everyone...

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 11-06-2016, 09:19 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstead Stig View Post
I heard a chap on the radio yesterday insinuating it was the local youth causing the trouble... as if. I'm sure some may not have been blameless, but I'm also sure the English guys involved were only too happy for it to kick off!
I heard the same news.

Night before last in Marseille apparently a bunch of french youths starting throwing bottles at the English. So they responded by throwing chairs back

Great advert for our country
Old 11-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Regular User

We wont have a choice about staying or leaving the EU soon, they will just kick us out..
Old 11-06-2016, 10:43 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrx2810 View Post
We wont have a choice about staying or leaving the EU soon, they will just kick us out..
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that may suit the views of those causing the trouble, so it wouldn't be punishing the perpetrators.

Chanting, "where are you ISIS" is a whole different level of disrespectful and ****ish behaviour!
Old 11-06-2016, 11:10 AM
Gold Member

First night was local youths, but last night was the police who did nothing until bottles were thrown at them. I've seen the pictures on french tv and these so called English supporters were just looking to cause trouble. I know lots of football supporters who like a drink, but never cause any trouble. Something needs to be done to sort these thugs out
Old 11-06-2016, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member

And it looks like it has been even worse tonight according to the BBC News website. I personally have no interest in Football whatsoever, I'd rather watch Crown Green Bowling, and I think football fans are the reason I despise it so much along with the overpaid prima Donna's that play it, as they say, Football - A Gentleman's game played (and apparently supported by) yobs, Rugby - A yobs game played by Gentlemen.
This will probably upset dedicated football fans but I'm afraid it's getting to the point where it is more than a minority that are giving the others a bad name.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:20 AM

I don't know why there always seems to be a problem when fans put on an England shirt and travel abroad for a game? What makes them turn into complete bellends?

I'm a football fan and have been to plenty of championship games (was hoping to go to a few Premier league ones next year but Brighton just missed out again ) but there's never any trouble. 99% of football fans are your everyday, passive folk out to watch a good game with mates and enjoy it peacefully. Why is it different with the travelling mob? You never see trouble at Wembley for England's home games, its always the Brit's abroad....
Old 12-06-2016, 08:42 AM
Gold Member

I'm truly embarrassed by some of the behavour seen over the last few of days.

For the sake of balance though, the trouble at/after the game last night seemed entirely orchestrated by the Russian contingent, so it isn't just the English.

If I were the organisers, I'd be quite concerned about how they got the firework, or whatever it was that made that loud bang, into the ground. The searches/security practices have failed there.

This is one of the things that has turned me off football. When I was younger I had "visit a World Cup finals" as a goal. Not now, I just can't see it as being enjoyable with this **** lurking.

The on pitch game winds me up now too. I still love watching a good game of football, but the play acting and grimacing makes me so angry. If these guys are genuinely hurt by the little knocks they get then they're ****ing wimps!

In rugby they spend 80 minutes getting roughed up pretending it doesn't hurt, in football they spend 90 minutes feigning atrocities.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstead Stig View Post
I'm truly embarrassed by some of the behavour seen over the last few of days.

For the sake of balance though, the trouble at/after the game last night seemed entirely orchestrated by the Russian contingent, so it isn't just the English.
I was chatting to my old man earlier today about this - I've not seen it myself, but there's apparently footage/photos of a gang of Russians (up to 200 i'm told!) all putting their gum-shields in at the end of the game before trying to charge into the English fans for a fight. Now that's what you call planned violence!!
Old 12-06-2016, 03:22 PM

If that's true it's sick!!

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 12-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
I was chatting to my old man earlier today about this - I've not seen it myself, but there's apparently footage/photos of a gang of Russians (up to 200 i'm told!) all putting their gum-shields in at the end of the game before trying to charge into the English fans for a fight. Now that's what you call planned violence!!
I can well believe it. When the green flares were lit and the massive bang went off, that was the sign to get going apparently.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:26 PM
Regular User

Yes, there was a guy saying there were French and English families in that section too with lots of kids.

Also 6 NI fans in hospital due to "French extremists".

A few nights ago when the problems kicked off the briefly mentioned French extremists and heavy handed police.

I don't know who these French extremists are but I just can't believe after twenty years of next to no English football problems they've started up again.

I do think this is probably another case of really shoddy reporting though.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:44 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusnogood View Post
I don't know who these French extremists are but I just can't believe after twenty years of next to no English football problems they've started up again.

I do think this is probably another case of really shoddy reporting though.
The reporting isn't great, but the English are not blameless. There are plenty looking for a fight.

It's certainly nowhere near twenty years without trouble. It kicked off in Germany in 2006 at the World Cup. There's been instances with clubs too, like the Chelsea racism incident on the Metro.

There's a subculture of hooliganism than persists, unfortunately.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Regular User

They said 20 years without on the news and I didn't question it...so another case of poor reporting

I just desperately don't want to believe it tbh
Old 12-06-2016, 05:57 PM
Gold Member

24 nationalities here, most seem to be getting on OK. Have seen on french tv lots of coverage of English supporters, bare chested and really drunk just looking for trouble. So their may be others involved, but for sure their is a hardcore of English here looking for trouble. Heavy drinking isn't a part of life here like in the UK, you can be out late in the evening in most french towns and no sign of drunks. Not sure why as alcohol is just as available here and probably cheaper. Life is much calmer here. Bloody good roads as well.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:32 PM
Regular User

I cant really tell very much from this vid but they are saying it looks like English fans at a bar/restaurant being set upon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYotY58fhoI