South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Projects

Projects Tell us about your cars mods, past, present and future!

Old 23-04-2020, 09:08 PM
Bronze Member

Default Project evo

Project evo is now under way at last, I got the car up so I can work on the underneath.

The factory under seal probably saved this car life as you can see by the way the roll bar and drive shafts, brakes etc are pretty crispy but it's all bits that can be changed simply ish.

The rust on the body looks worse then it is I can't get my screw driver through it and I'm hitting it hard. The metal is still thick and strong so I will start cleaning tomorrow and see what I find.

It will need every rubber going and loads of parts but I'm looking forward to doing it I think.

Also took the exhaust off and there is a funny thing at the end of it, I better change that for a bit of straight pipe ha ha

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 23-04-2020, 09:30 PM
Bronze Member

Trying out the new sand blasting cabinet and very happy with the out come.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 23-04-2020, 11:05 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Good luck with this project..
Old 23-04-2020, 11:30 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Shall I ban him now ?
Old 23-04-2020, 11:57 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
Shall I ban him now ?
Dont be like that my classic is my favourite I'm a scoobie boy at heart.

I'm just practicing on this then I will do a bit of cleaning up under my scoobie in the winter.
Old 24-04-2020, 09:31 AM
Authorised Trader

presumably its an 'official' Ralliart UK car??

EVO's were never factory under-sealed but UK cars were basically converted to UK spec on the docks with undersealing, Cat1 alarm, etc......

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 24-04-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asperformance View Post

EVO's were never factory under-sealed but UK cars were basically converted to UK spec on the docks with undersealing, Cat1 alarm, etc......
All done by Mr Ralliart, Jon Kirkham.
He's still around so may be worth an email to see if he has any history. He also still has a few Evo in various states.
Old 24-04-2020, 05:08 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asperformance View Post

To be honest I dont know loads about evo and all the different model apart from the obvious Tm edition . I'm starting to doubt it is a ralliart edition now, I really havnt looked at the car til this week as when I got it I put it in the unit and that's where it has sat I never looked at it only at a glance.

I was told when I got it it was a ralliart and factory sealed which I just assumed it was as I never heard of a ralliart edition, it has a ralliart badge on rear (which anyone can put on but there is nothing on the centre console say something like 253 of 500 etc.

I got the car from my cousin who got it around 2009 I'm guessing I remember he paid about 7I at the time and it was so clean til he got his hands on it and f@#ked the engine up get it done and didn't forge it so it went bang and that's where it ended up sitting there doing nothing.

My cousin is a waste of space really so I'm not surprised he f@#ked it.

I have not got one piece of paperwork with it because he moved house and boxed it up and put it in his loft and I'm still waiting for it which does piss me off as I want it so I can see the history of it.
I will get it one day.

I'm trying to found out and info on what it is, I know it was imported in 2006 so after what you said about being a uk ralliart I'm guessing it's not then as the dont them when they was imported from new and my one wasn't.

It could just be a GSR then which I'm more then happy with, but when I looked at insurance when we got it they was saying it comes up as a extreme model but I dont think it is.

Any info you know on it would be much appreciated
Old 24-04-2020, 06:00 PM

Speak to Jon : http://jksc.co.uk
Really nice guy and he was Mr Ralliart, starting the company and importing stock for UK. He also developed the Extreme.

Or get to Jon via Andy who works for him https://www.facebook.com/andy.barnard82
I would suggest message Andy via FB
Old 24-04-2020, 06:14 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
Speak to Jon : http://jksc.co.uk
Really nice guy and he was Mr Ralliart, starting the company and importing stock for UK. He also developed the Extreme.

Or get to Jon via Andy who works for him https://www.facebook.com/andy.barnard82
I would suggest message Andy via FB

Cheers Scott I'll drop him a email and see if he can shed some light on it
Old 25-04-2020, 09:39 AM
Authorised Trader

what does it state on your V5??

prior to the EVO VII there was never a 'proper' UK variant so all of the cars were basically JDM spec GSR's which the UK importer then (loosely) altered to better suit UK conditions

at that time (cant recall exactly when but later acquired by Mitsubishi UK) there was also Ralliart who basically brought over "grey" cars to sell into Europe........

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!