South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 11-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Bronze Member

Default Some money to spare for upgrade

Hello there people, i have some money coming in shortly and looking to spend it on the car. My thinking is maybe,

vf37 turbo,
DEcat up pipe,
Apexi race cat downpipe,
Sti intercooler ( can someone maybe explain the difference between the wrx and sti as all i can see is the graphics)
Remap.

I have a version 7 wrx. Maybe someone would be interested in fit and map?? Who knows. Is there any more suggestions my budget is max £1700 but there could be more!! Opinions welcome.

Thanks Guys Ryan
Old 11-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Gold Member

Have you done brakes/handling already then? I know everyone says it, but its true. No point in having extra power, if the first time you use it, you end up in a hedge.

The Sti intercooler is bigger, therefore a greater volume of air can be cooled, with that your'll also need the undertray and the scoop.

If changing turbo, Id change injectors and fuel pump at the same time, or you'll just have to do it in the future, with yet another map.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortster View Post
The Sti intercooler is bigger, therefore a greater volume of air can be cooled, with that your'll also need the undertray and the scoop.
I have an STi 7 scoop in wr blue (o2c) complete with undertray £100 if required
Old 11-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

As it happens I also have an ECUTek licensed ECU available soon which the might JGM could fit saving you the license fee (plus also some Perrin Fuel rails and Pink injectors)!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 12-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Bronze Member

I havnt had the brake upgrade, it is coming soon. Looking at brembos all round with whiteline upgrade and poss sti suspension upgrade.

How much are you looking for those bits bluebugeye? cash is available next week??
Old 12-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Bronze Member

dukeboy, cash is available next week Wednesday onwards. How would you take payment?
Old 12-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Gold Member

And before you put more stain on your bits, had a service recently? Cambelt and oils etc etc?
Old 12-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Bronze Member

Had a £2500 service with subaru last year including cambelt brakes etc so its doing ok at the mo and am puting it in for a service next week morster.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Nige

A very good upgrade would be BUY A BLOODY EVO Simples.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Bronze Member

I used to have a very very nice evo 4 a couple of years ago. Made me a very proud person as it was the fasest thing i owned. Sitting on cuscos all round E9 bottom end and a E6 turbo putting out around 340 to 350 BHP but it went. And im waiting a little bit of time to get a nother
Old 12-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobaru View Post
poss sti suspension upgrade.
have some sti gnome shocks and eibach springs if your interested ?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
dukeboy, cash is available next week Wednesday onwards. How would you take payment?
I need to pop over your way one evening so could drop it into you if you want it!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks dukeboy, I am interested and yes that would be good but I'm away in Newcastle and Arbroath Monday to Friday! If you could make it Saturday. If not I could always come to you that isn't an issue? Let us know cheers!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J. View Post
have some sti gnome shocks and eibach springs if your interested ?
What's the price that your looking for? Defo interested!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
What's the price that your looking for? Defo interested!
http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/v...ead.php?t=5140
Old 12-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Nige

Quote:
I used to have a very very nice evo 4 a couple of years ago. Made me a very proud person as it was the fasest thing i owned. Sitting on cuscos all round E9 bottom end and a E6 turbo putting out around 340 to 350 BHP but it went. And im waiting a little bit of time to get a nother
Only messing mate. If i could afford it i would have a Scoob for my everyday car & keep the Evo just for track.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Bronze Member

To be honest nige I'm am jelous in the knowledge that you have an evo! I truely loved that car and have found it hard to find a replacement. I did have a 95 wrx type Ra which was the closest! I will be in another evo in the future! But for now my heart is with A scoob. Just can't resist the burble!
Old 13-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Hi Scoobaru,

I'm up at Surrey RR on Tuesday to get Syvecs fitted, I may also have a set of Pink injectors up for grabs as well depending on how things go, in fact I may have Perrin Parallel fuel rails and pinks if I'm lucky! The ECU's go for between £100 and £150 (I'll speak to Simon aka JGM on Tuesday) - Pinks are £120 and the fuel rails I'll do for £80 once available.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 13-09-2010, 08:45 AM
worzel

I also have a few bits and bobs potentially that you might want.

After various bits of work on mine recently, I will have for sale the following:

Ekutech ECU from STi8 - Mapped by JGM to 350bhp and 330ft lb @ £200.00
STi Top Mount Intercooler - @ £125.00
RCM Cone Filter and Samco Hose @ £TBC shortly.

Pictures to be posted later today
Old 13-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
I also have a few bits and bobs potentially that you might want.

After various bits of work on mine recently, I will have for sale the following:

Ekutech ECU from STi8 - Mapped by JGM to 350bhp and 330ft lb @ £200.00
STi Top Mount Intercooler - @ £125.00
RCM Cone Filter and Samco Hose @ £TBC shortly.

Pictures to be posted later today
the ecu will not work as he has a wrx and dont sell the cone till the cars mapped
Old 13-09-2010, 12:38 PM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J. View Post
the ecu will not work as he has a wrx and dont sell the cone till the cars mapped
Bugger!

Thats why I kept the cone as £TBC, just in case.
Old 17-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Bronze Member

Hey thanks for the offers guys, I now have a vf30 and the top mount, I will want the injectors if they are available bluebugeye
thinking the ecu isn't worth it, just yet!! maybe get the bits on the car and mapped!

Bits Im still hunting round for at mo are decat up and downpipe, injectors!
Hopefully picking up scoop and undertray from dukeboy on sat and possibly the shocks from c.j on sat. If anyone knows of the outstanding up for grabs!
Might make a trip to jap performance have a look at the apexi sports cat??
Opinions on the apexi????
Old 17-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Gold Member

I will have a Hayward & Scott downpipe and up-pipe available soon, maybe worth dropping Worzel a pm as he has a nice Apexi induction kit he may sell you