South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Projects

Projects Tell us about your cars mods, past, present and future!

Old 25-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Regular User

Default Project Banana Car

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...vip=true&rt=nc

picking this up tomorrow morning (sunday) and very excited. shes not a turbo however for the minute that is not a problem. i intend on pushing the n/a block to somer extremes in time but want to focus on the body and interior first.

Im looking at the wrx kit however a mate of mine is a dab hand at fibreglassing so might have something completely different made for it!]

it has a small water leak at present although im not worried about this as i intend on putting an ally rad in and replacing all coolant hoses with silicone anyway.

So enjoy the pics from ebay and watch this space.

Last edited by karl1987; 27-08-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 25-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Regular User

enjoy mate
Old 25-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Silver Member

have fun with your first ownership of a scooby matey
Old 25-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Nige

You will be driving around for days with the windows open just to here that burble.
Old 25-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Platinum Member

Well I think I will be able to spot that
Old 25-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Regular User

well im told they only did 300 in that colour so its nice and special and the pro drive box should produce a decent sound. i had a japspeed on my mr2 and that was nice but never compared

Old 25-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Regular User

right so the engine is a standard 2.0 sport. until i know more about the engines etc can anyone provide a list of basic mods and complex mods to start bringing the best out of the block?

Old 26-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

In all honestly there is little you can do easily in the way of tuning. You may not have the burble either as the N/A's have equal length manifolds.

For the burble you need an unequal manifold (Borla replica).
Basic inlet/exhaust tuning will see some gains, air filter and freeer flowing exhaust (remember you need some back pressure on N/A systems)
Next up is head flowing and porting plus Cams which are not cheap!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 26-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Regular User

i have unfortunately good knowledge of porting and polishing expenses and cams as did this to my last jap motor! does not come cheap by a long way. How do i get higher lift cams for my model then? could some be used from a later n/a or is it an off the shelf part?

Old 26-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Regular User

Right it's mine!! Picked her up today and all I can say is there is literally no regrets!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0824.jpg (88.5 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by karl1987; 26-08-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 27-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Regular User

Right so i have been out and about today in the scooby getting used to it and have decided on my new tactics.

1st - im selling the private plate turns out its worth £1300 so gonna use that to respray the car and get some body work treated. Areas of the car are flaking so need this tended to in order to make her showroom fresh again. Im also looking at some one off decals for the car but wont reveal anything yet.

2nd - i want to push the n/a block to her limits, so im going to speak to a couple of local tuners to see what they can offer and what they suggest. In the process of this im going to have bay paint work done and engine accents completed with eventual hope of chroming what i can in order to make her look clean and shiny.

3rd - this is my biggest job of all. I have already put a new stereo in as the previous one didnt work but it needs new speakers all round and something just to punch the bass line instead of sounding tinny. The seats are looking tired with the drivers bolster already gone so this needs adressing and the previous owner smoked so it smells like a dirty ashtray. i have done various dash transplants in the past also so this time im looking at a custom made dashboard but this is a way off yet so wont disclose too much.

Old 28-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Rest in peace Jodie.

vw camper forums may yield some tuning tips for the N/A
Old 28-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Regular User

yes so i have heard ...

Old 31-08-2012, 11:00 AM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Got a pair of VGC facelift MY00 subaru seats for £50 collected if any use to you. Might be able to find a matching rear bench seat for anther £20 as well.
Old 31-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Regular User

this certainly sounds interesting. you got any pics at all mate??