South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > Meet / Event Pics & Vids

Meet / Event Pics & Vids Post all your meet / event pictures here.

Old 19-09-2017, 11:23 AM
Gold Member

Default World Rallycross Championship R9 2017 - Loheac

The last of my World Rallycross outings for 2017! I took a lot of pictures, so here are a handful of my favourites:

As well as the Supercars, Super 1600’s and RX Lites there was also a Retro Rallycross category racing.

Ken Block looked very quick on the Saturday and it seemed as though he had the pace to make it to the final…

…unfortunately his weekend came to an end with a spin and puncture at the semi-final stage.

Saturday was really pleasant, but the rain was relentless on the Sunday. It wasn’t the best conditions for spectating in, but it made for some great racing: and there was lots of water splashes!

European Supercar leader Anton Marklund started off fast, but seemed a bit more cautious in the wet. With a decent point lead though, just finishing the final was enough to keep him ahead. Marklund went on to win the Championship in Riga last weekend!

Dan Rooke has been the strongest challenger in RX2 and a win in Loheac would have put him in with a shout of the title. Unfortunately it wasn’t to be and a series of bad heats and mechanical issues left him out of contention.

With Marklund playing it safe, Thomas Bryntesson was on a charge and he took the win in the European Supercars.

In the dry conditions it looked like the Peugeots might be in with a shout, but in the wet Johan Kristoffersson was the class of the field and he won the final by a comfortable margin. Johan took the World title with another win in Riga at the weekend.

Despite getting rather damp it was a brilliant weekend of racing, Loheac is far more interesting when it's wet. Loads more pictures here if anyone is interested!
Old 19-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

That does look a little damp! Great shots though mate
Old 19-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Regular User

awesome shots.. love watching the rally cross.. think its pretty much the only motorsport i watch.. #
I prefer to compete
Old 20-09-2017, 10:31 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
That does look a little damp! Great shots though mate
Ha, yeah, it was pretty wet! Funny thing was it never rained heavily, it was just constant showers and drizzle all day, so by lunchtime everything was soaked and had no chance to dry out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol pete View Post
awesome shots.. love watching the rally cross.. think its pretty much the only motorsport i watch.. #
I prefer to compete
I would prefer to be out in a car: but sadly my pockets aren't deep enough!