South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > 555 Wagon Squadron > 555 Wagon Squadron's AREA 51

555 Wagon Squadron's AREA 51 Enter at your own risk!!!

Old 16-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Very nice, some great photos there Jura.
Old 16-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Silver Member

Thanks Steve,really appreciated

Jura
Old 20-08-2012, 02:14 AM
Silver Member

Little update:

On Saturday and Sunday we are been on the Santa Pod RWYB...
Wagon has been amazing,on some needs things to have look like is the high ACT(Air Charge Temperature) during the queueing,we are thinking to use water spray,which will be spraying direct on the FMIC core

As Latso(my brother) said,all been perfect,but still on the Toyo R888 we are managed put good times with lower terminal speed.

Now about the times,on the Saturday we are come there around 2pm and drive there has been awful,on M1 has been again congestion and we are queued for good 10 miles.

On the Santa pod has been Rotorstock which has been great,seen few nice modified RX7 and RX8,but still pretty disappointed with the times.

But seen there few real drag runs,like 6.8s/265mph Mazda 350z(Project Zed) and few oldschool Muscle cars,shame my camera battery died

But biggest surprise for us has been Honda Civic drag specials,which done low 10's on the every run,crazy

Now about the our attempts:

Everything has been ready on first drive and we are been ready,my brother went to drag strip and first time has been 12.5/115.07,not bad,my brother went again on the 3 runs and he done same times with 12.5

After he done few runs when come to pit and we are started to lower the tyre pressure to 20psi

My brother went again on the drag strip and he done again 5 runs and he did similar times and I've been little bit disappointed,on last attempt before he comes to pit he done again 11.9484/116.10,when seen this time and looked on the terminal speed,before on the road tyres he did almost same time with higher terminal speed

We are little bit rest and I've logged last runs and at 5pm my brother went again on the strip and he done 4runs,at this point I was thinking time will go down and we should will be only improving,but still times started go up and down,best time at this time has been just 12.1 and worse has been 12.9 when he bogged down

Again around the 17:30 we are went on the last 4 runs with our fiend Luke,he runs Audi S4 with NOS and he running 400bhp,not sure if its with NOS or without the NOS

His first run bigged down and time has been 12.9,next run has been little bit better with 12.5,on the third run,he did our personal best 11.8395/117.45mph and after that he did one more run and this time has been 11.9232/116.73mph

We are decided go home and we are been pretty happy with this time,here is video from our best run,more videos will be uploaded,just will need time to edit and mainly compress to lower size

On Sunday we are come there around the 11am and there has been big queue,we are come to pit and there has been again lots of cars and we are seen again there are few other events and we are know will be today not the best,plus ACT temps has been just crazy at queue and we are just pushed the wagon,he went on the track after lunchtime and he did his first time 12.5/116mph not the best,but we are think we will improve,but after my brother done again 5 runs,times has been almost same with one 12.1 and few low 12s,we are been not happy and mainly this day RWYB has been little bit more busy than other RWYB days and we are decide go home around at 4pm,my brother has have something to do...

Here is our best run,thanks Sean for GoPro HD :thumbsup:

Jura
Old 20-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Nige

You could wire up an extra fan to keep under bonnet temps down in que. Also good to help temps after your time on track. Good times by the way & that engine sounds fit.
Old 20-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Platinum Member

Car sounds great Jura
Old 21-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
You could wire up an extra fan to keep under bonnet temps down in que. Also good to help temps after your time on track. Good times by the way & that engine sounds fit.
Thanks Nige,we are thinking too wire extra fan under bonnet or something similar

Thanks again for your kind comment

Jura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolesroor View Post
Car sounds great Jura

Thanks there

Jura
Old 22-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Platinum Member

Enjoyed that! Thanks for taking the time to update us!!

Old 22-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Silver Member

videos are great mate car sounds really good
Old 27-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Silver Member

Thanks guys fro kind comments,really appreciated

Jura
Old 29-08-2012, 01:03 AM
Gold Member

your sounds so nice jura any chance of putting the camera looking at your gadges.
Old 29-08-2012, 01:32 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralliart didz View Post
your sounds so nice jura any chance of putting the camera looking at your gadges.
Hi Paul

Thanks for kind comment

We will try on the Saturday(on the RWYB) mount camera somewhere where you can see the Toucan and Dash2 in action

But we will make few videos just Toucan and Dash2 in action

Jura
Old 06-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Silver Member

Few updates:

Yesterday we are been at Neil@Slowboy racing for our wagon,he done amazing job again on the wagon,replaced speed sensor and replaced our track wheels for ROTA.. Thanks Neil for great job:thumbsup:

Neil fitted yesterday new Race Technology "Hal effect" Speed sensor,first sensor which has sent Race technology has been faulty.First sensor which they're sent simply doesn't switch when detect the metal plus voltage has been there strange,Neil suspected is faulty and RT has confirmed this.Neil fitted sensor on the driveshaft where shouldn't be exposed to heat from brakes.

First sensor which has been fitted before has been damaged on the track(from report looking like has been melted,but still don't understand how it is possible),RT don't like idea when has been fitted near brake disc,but RT has seen this last time and their technician seen this and confirm this is good place for speed sensor.They're accept the fault,but still we are must pay 1/2 for speed sensor..

Finally after that,we are getting speed like on the Dash2 and Toucan which is good.

Car feels awesome in any gear,after driving Megane switching to Subaru is difference like day and night,we are done yesterday small B-roads driving and we are been surprised how car behave/feels on the b-roads after driving the Renault,Renault is OK,but is in the different league like Subaru

We are speak with Neil about the our plan go with 2.35L and all now depends on the sell of the engine,but if we will sell the our 2.1L stroker we will go ahead with 2.35L.

With 2.35L and GT35R should be fun on the drag and on the track,we are very exciting about this:thumbsup:

Jura
Old 10-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Silver Member

Few updates:

Today we are been at Neil@Slowboy racing speak about the our next steps and we are very excited about this

Our 2.1L stroker will be removed in next two weeks,at moment is for sale including the turbo,induction kit,injectors and should be for sale too FMIC...

Plan is have 2.35L with those parts fitted:

EJ22T block
Mahle Pistons
Carrillo A-Beam rods
Cosworth HG
Modified Oil pump
New water pump
14mm ARP Headstuds
Cosworth baffled plate
Bigger sump
Cosworth timing belt
Full gasket/seals set/kit

Heads:

JDM Big port AVCS heads or 2.5L AVCS STi heads
Kelford AVCS cams V2-199-D
Supertech double or single springs with Ti retainers
Supertech valves and valve seats

Injectors should be we will use ID1000's

Turbo choice is GTX3582 Billet or GT30 Billet

FMIC will be probably RS500 core(but we are looking for few option such as Lateral Intercooler/radiator combo) with shorter pipework and rotated Spec C manifold

Gearbox will stay PPG,we are like the PPG and we will keep the box until we will need to go with 6speed

My brother next week probably flying to USA on trip and buying some parts from USA.

As before whole project will be carried out Neil@Slowboy racing

Jura
Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 AM
Nige

This combo= Lateral Intercooler/radiator combo) with shorter pipework and rotated Spec C manifold
with a GTX30R twin scroll will spool like a mighty spooling thing
Old 11-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Silver Member

Sounds like an awesome spec

Been looking at these intercoolers myself, The Airtec RS500 intercooler seems to be pretty popular at the moment. Sure there was a thread on SN somewhere where Harvey gave his opinion on them which would be worth a read

I best pull my finger out and get cracking with mine!!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
This combo= Lateral Intercooler/radiator combo) with shorter pipework and rotated Spec C manifold
with a GTX30R twin scroll will spool like a mighty spooling thing
Nige we are looking for few options and Lateral Intercooler/radiator combo is looking like good buy,but they're pricey

Jura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma View Post
Sounds like an awesome spec

Been looking at these intercoolers myself, The Airtec RS500 intercooler seems to be pretty popular at the moment. Sure there was a thread on SN somewhere where Harvey gave his opinion on them which would be worth a read

I best pull my finger out and get cracking with mine!!
Thanks there,Airtec RS500 core is mostly popular and seems is OK,but for sure we are going with the better core.Hybrid GT2 core are good,but as you are read about the Hybrid GT2 with those you will have high ACT temps,which is not good

Hope so your will be too great,2.65L will be awesome with any turbo

Jura
Old 11-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Platinum Member

Won the lottery Jura? Good luck with the new setup, I'd be interested in how much neil will charge for the new setup if you wish to pm me?
Old 11-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
Won the lottery Jura? Good luck with the new setup, I'd be interested in how much neil will charge for the new setup if you wish to pm me?
Hi Tim i'm afraid no lottery win,will PM you later on price for new setup

Jura
Old 11-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jura11 View Post
Hi Tim i'm afraid no lottery win,will PM you later on price for new setup

Jura
Wont be the special price that Neil has given you Jura.
I think I will take my camp bed over to Neils so that I can watch this new build take shape. The car is going to be a real

GREAT the only way to go 2.35 with all the bits. Fantastic to see you going ahead. Means I'll have to go to the back again for my work.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Hoo? View Post
Wont be the special price that Neil has given you Jura.
I think I will take my camp bed over to Neils so that I can watch this new build take shape. The car is going to be a real

GREAT the only way to go 2.35 with all the bits. Fantastic to see you going ahead. Means I'll have to go to the back again for my work.

Agreed about the 2.35L,we are think few times about this and we are decided will be best to have 2.35L.

As we are last time speak,we are want to do high 10's run and if its possible low 10's and 600bhp+ will be nice to have

Jura
Old 30-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Silver Member

Quick update:

My brother(Latso) flying tomorrow to USA buying some bits for our build.

Kelford V2-199-C
Kelford KVS109-STi
Carrillo SB-2LTR-1-A-65137H
ID1000 w/ Plug-n-play
SIVN-1010 36.00mm (Std Size)
SEVN-1010 32.00mm (Std Size)

plus some other bits we will be buying there

Plus we are yesterday collected JDM V8 STi Big port heads,we will need just buy EJ257 crank and everything should start next week

We are bought yesterday Mondeo ST TDCi as replacement for Megane, definitely great car,our main reason has been to buy Diesel is we are doing lots of miles per year and mainly now motorways.

Jura
Old 30-09-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
We are bought yesterday Mondeo ST TDCi as replacement for Megane, definitely great car,our main reason has been to buy Diesel is we are doing lots of miles per year and mainly now motorways.
Nice buy, i'd like to swap my current diesel daily driver for a ST TDCi too
Old 30-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Nice buy, i'd like to swap my current diesel daily driver for a ST TDCi too
Steve we are bought ST TDCi in grey and really worth the money,great car to drive,feels awesome in corners

Will take pictures tomorrow/next week for sure

Jura
Old 01-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member

see a mention of your car in jap performance for a cover for next months issue
Old 01-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Silver Member

Looks like an impressive shopping list, new build should be good!
Old 02-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
see a mention of your car in jap performance for a cover for next months issue
Thanks Tim

Jura

Quote:
Looks like an impressive shopping list, new build should be good!
Thanks Tom

Jura
Old 02-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Silver Member

Quick update:

New bits landed today

Kelford V2-199-C (cams)

SIVN-1010 36.00mm (Std Size) Valves
SEVN-1010 32.00mm (Std Size)

Kelford KVS109-STi (valve springs)

ID1000 w/ Plug-n-play

Carrillo SB-2LTR-1-A-65137H

Jura
Old 03-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Silver Member

Quick update:

Today we are handed down our parts to Neil and engine build should start next week,just we will need to buy crankshaft,which should be here next week

Our plan is to have this build finished somewhere at December,this for us will be best possible X-mass present

Turbo and Intercooler is last bit,which we will need to decide what we are want,plan is to have nice 600-650bhp wagon

Jura
Old 03-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quick update:

Today we are handed down our parts to Neil and engine build should start next week,just we will need to buy crankshaft,which should be here next week

Our plan is to have this build finished somewhere at December,this for us will be best possible X-mass present

Turbo and Intercooler is last bit,which we will need to decide what we are want,plan is to have nice 600-650bhp wagon

Jura

gt35 and aps i/cooler?
Old 03-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
gt35 and aps i/cooler?
GT30r will make something like 580-625bhp on 20% methanol,GT35r should make 650bhp without the problems

GT35r will be turbo what we would like to go with,IC looking for more option like AirTec RS500 core and custom pipework,Lateral Performance Intercooler/radiator combo or AH fabrication intercooler/radiator combo,those three setup are most effective what I know

APS or Perrin don't know,we are never think on them,maybe we will look on them

Jura
Old 03-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Silver Member

Did you decide on which crank to go for in the end??
Old 03-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Nige

Lateral combo is meant to be the kiddie. Are you going twin scroll? 1200cc injectors for 650 bhp?
Old 03-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Did you decide on which crank to go for in the end??
Hi Tom

Nitrated crankshaft which recommend Neil we will go

Jura

Quote:
Lateral combo is meant to be the kiddie. Are you going twin scroll? 1200cc injectors for 650 bhp?
Agreed Nige,lateral combo will be great to have,but at this price I would go with AH Fabrication combo which is similar and for same price,have pics,but really not sure if I can post them

No Twin scroll,single scroll GT30r or GT35r,all depends on more factors,with 1000cc we should be OK,we will be NOT running 20% Methanol mix only NOS and pure V-power plus water methanol,with 1000cc we will be maybe OK at 650bhp,time will tell

Jura
Old 04-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Nige

My 1000cc were maxed at 605bhp
Yes there was going to be a surprise at last May's Ring trip. Bloody Tree's
Old 04-10-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
lol, the trees weren't at fault, its the soggy stuff between your ears that got it wrong!

Shame though mate, your evo with that power would have monstered the Ring (and the roads around it )
Old 04-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
lol, the trees weren't at fault, its the soggy stuff between your ears that got it wrong!
rofl at that comment, really made me chuckle! It was the tyres!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:22 AM
Silver Member

Quote:

You are run methanol at 605bhp Nige or just straight V-power/Tesco 99?

Jura
Old 06-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member

Enjoyed the Jap Performance magazine article. Car looks superb. Well done!!

Old 08-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBARMAN View Post
Enjoyed the Jap Performance magazine article. Car looks superb. Well done!!

Thanks there,we are still not read JPM,in the shops should be 11th October

Jura
Old 14-10-2012, 01:57 AM
Silver Member

Few updates:

Today we are been at Neil and speak about the everything what to need to be done...

We are today bring to Neil last bit from engine parts: EJ257 Crank

Neil confirmed his every Race 2.1L or 2.35L is rotating assembly balanced plus we are bought few more parts and spec has changed again :censored:

Spec has changed in few more details:

Carrillo Pro A-Beam rods will staying,I've confirmation from Carrillo those rods should be OK for UK 700bhp+(they said 200whp per rod will be OK)

We are bought ex-Daz Davies front mount turbo setup(my brother decision ),which means we will be running front mount turbo setup with GT30r and PPG will stay for while,if we will sell PPG before the finish of the build,will be perfect,if not we will stick with PPG.Due this we are selling our FMIC,Headers and Exhaust,because with this kit we don't need those parts.

As many people said,PPG will break at this level,but they're few of them which run 600bhp without the problem,as everything is possible to break(many people think 6 speed is un-breakable,but everything is possible to break)

At point of the Front mount Turbo setup,this means will be need to be done few extra jobs and much more cutting like with normal rotated setup,which with normal Rotated setup you don't need,but we will see how we get on

Plan is to have 600bhp wagon and hope so with 600bhp we will make good times on Santa pod and we will enjoy few more track days

We will need to decide which one Intercooler,but this kit coming with intercooler pipe work which means we will be using the Hybrid FMIC core

Last bit which we are think is go with Syvecs S8,just due reasons we are running out from Inputs/outputs and this means our Syvecs S6 PnP with CAL switch will be sale in few weeks,agreed this means we will need custom loom which can be pain in arse on our wagon,but if everything will be correctly done,hope so we will don't have any problems.

Jura

Last edited by jura11; 14-10-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old 14-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Gold Member

Think your brave going for the front mount turbo but best of lucky
Old 14-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby View Post
Think your brave going for the front mount turbo but best of lucky
Thanks Ian

Really we are not brave,just we want to be different...Our plan is use this wagon only as weekend toy,as for daily car we wouldn't go with front mount turbo

Jura
Old 15-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Gold Member

Oh ok fair enough
Old 21-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Silver Member

Quick updates:

I've spoken with TimH and Charlie and both confirmed we can use Syvecs S8-S6 adapter loom which will be cheaper option than doing full custom loom,agreed full custom can be better option on longer run,we will see

I've spoke with my friend from USA,he using GM TH400 automatic gearbox on his Subaru for drag racing, which seems holding 700bhp without the problem,agreed we will loose the 4WD/AWD,but if wagon will be used mainly for drag this can be good option and price for GM TH400 is just around 1000USD,yes this will require some modification to the diff and propshaft etc.

Second option is to use ATi PowerGlide automatic gearbox which are mostly used too on V8 drag racing cars,spoken with one company which can make
belhousing/hub adapter,but again is will needs to be used different diff etc and again we will have only RWD,fun for sure

Last option is keep the PPG and use like is it,we are like the PPG and we are like the PPG ratios or to go with Hawkeye 6speed,this is probably mist popular option here,but still we are not decided yet

Jura
Old 21-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Bronze Member

Stick with the PPG, for now and once it gives way then invest in the sixspeed. This will give you time to locate a good sixspeed in your time frame.

The Powerglide is a great box, most of the big power pickups in Texas use them(up to 1200 bhp) but the added cost of additional works will made a sixspeed the more cost effective way forward. Plus the sixspeed is proven where as the the Powerglide will only be as good as the modification work.

Hard one to call but upward and forward

Powerglide at work

Last edited by Scooby Hoo?; 21-10-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: add youtube clip
Old 21-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Silver Member

I guess you'd also have to consider costs and availability of parts to rebuild if things started to go wrong? Maybe a 6 speed box may be a better option in the long run and have a bit more all round usage than the others?
Old 21-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Hoo? View Post
Stick with the PPG, for now and once it gives way then invest in the sixspeed. This will give you time to locate a good sixspeed in your time frame.

The Powerglide is a great box, most of the big power pickups in Texas use them(up to 1200 bhp) but the added cost of additional works will made a sixspeed the more cost effective way forward. Plus the sixspeed is proven where as the the Powerglide will only be as good as the modification work.

Hard one to call but upward and forward

Powerglide at work
Agreed Hugh,we will be using for now PPG until,we will need to go with 6speed

Those US Autoboxes are really strong and really will hold power without the problem,GM TH400 cost less than 1000USD for freshly rebuild box,adapter hub/plate cost under 300USD etc.

Really not sure,but we will see,still friend will be selling the Kaps Sequential gearbox in few months,but not sure,because have rally ratios which not sure how will work on drag strip

Jura

Quote:
I guess you'd also have to consider costs and availability of parts to rebuild if things started to go wrong? Maybe a 6 speed box may be a better option in the long run and have a bit more all round usage than the others?
Hi Tom

Those boxes are proven in high powered cars and usually they're not break,anything is possible to break as 6 speed is possible to break too

Our plan is to have mostly car for drag/track days,but with automatic gearbox car will be used as before daily

Jura
Old 24-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Silver Member

Few Updates:

We're been yesterday at Neil@Slowboy racing for updates

Neil@Slowboy Racing yesterday received EJ22T Block with 14mm headstud conversion from Steve@SMG,which means Neil can start work on the block, which should be ready end of this week

Neil started working on the Heads last week,but he found out the they're cracked around the spark plugs(they should be OK for normal build,but Neil said he will not use them on the our build),we will take the pictures which I post later on,not happy with this,but at least seller will replace them or can refund them,refund will not solve the main problem and we are agreed to take seller Spec C heads for extra:thumb:

Neil said,if we will stuck with the heads,he will give us his Spec C heads :thumb:

Latso flying next week to USA buying last bits on the our build: 11mm OEM Oil Pump,Gates Kevlar Timing belt Kit with water pump and lot more

We are still not decided on the turbo,we have few option,but whihc turbo will be best,we are still not sure

Our main choice is this turbo:

Borg Warner S300SX FMW

http://www.full-race.com/store/turbo...fmw-turbo.html

Here is the review on the Nasioc with the results, which are very promising:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2268889

Second option is Garrett GTX3076 .63A/R or ScoobyClinic GT30 or Lateral Performance GT30 which seems doing some good numbers

ECU choice is Syvecs S6 as before with I/O Expander,which will allow us more inputs and outputs,just due on S6 before we are run out the outputs, which can happens only to us as said few peoples

Hopefully everything should be ready on the first Santa Pod RWYB

Jura
Old 27-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Silver Member

OK here are pictures of the cracks on the heads around the spark plugs,some bad cracks can appear in the port under the valve seat insert,as Neil said they're not good for our build

Jura
Old 28-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Nige

Not good news head wise. Turbo I've used the Gtx3076R you won't be disappointed.