South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > 555 Wagon Squadron > 555 Wagon Squadron's AREA 51

555 Wagon Squadron's AREA 51 Enter at your own risk!!!

Old 29-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Platinum Member

Default Wagon Wannabee - "Chocks" Chockington

What do we do about "Chocks"?

He is willing to accept mere ground crew duties and I feel he would add a certain style to the Ground Support Tactical Mayhem Team. He accepts he cannot train to be a pilot while still being a "Saloonie".

Can we think of a role for him?

There is a current vacancy for a Junior Formation Manoeuvre Technician, working alongside Ken Cobalt (Senior FMT).

Here is a recent picture of "Chocks":

Typical SFMT outfit

SFMT in action

SFMT relaxing

General TMT outfit

Or perhaps a role with the "ladies" in Squadron Admin?

Last edited by SUBARMAN; 01-09-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 30-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Chocks Chockington

Default Re: Wagon Wannabee - "Chocks" Chockington

Ready, willing and able............ SIR!
Old 30-12-2008, 09:30 AM
worzel

I understand he's even been looking for authentic WWII Ground Crew garb too!
Old 30-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Platinum Member

Spiffo Chocks!!!!

Love the motto by the way!!!!!!!!

Just need input from SIR, and your alternative career may be underway!!!!
Old 30-12-2008, 11:36 AM
worzel

I do hope he gets in. He sounds a proper upstanding chap!

What what!
Old 30-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member

Judging by the picture, he will be our youngest member, not a wise old sage like yourself, Mr Worzel Sir!
Old 30-12-2008, 07:43 PM
worzel

I do like to be likened to herbs actually.

In fairness I am more of a Lemon Thyme than Sage?

Good ground crew are hard to come by. The role would have to be taken with seriousness beyond belief! To enter into such ribaldry and jolly spiffing japery at such a young age could turn a young mans head all a tizzy if he were not careful!

Are you sure that young "Chocks" is of the mental capacity to handle such derring doo and spiffingness?
Old 01-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Regular User

erm

had a talk on the radios about this mater the other night, the out come was!!!!!!!!!!

we cant realy say no as we might be classed as clicky,

so you can join but for the first week, you have to stand in the corner with a silly hat on during flight training, and when we are on opps.

the second week, you will sit on the norty step, when we atend our dutes.

the third week, you can polish all our silver wear

and the fourth week, you can repaint the lines on the runways and parking pays,

also

can you make a good cupa, but then after opps we need our wagon water to refresh us so scrap the cuppa

can "Chocks" Chockington survie the first set of tests!

just a laugh before someone takes the above seriously
Old 01-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Crowman

I think Chock's is more than capable of such duties, he is a fine figure of a man

I am sure he will enjoy the norty step
Old 01-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE NORTY STEP!!!!!

Even I don't know what that is all about, but as you say Martyn, he is well-versed in norty-ness, and I am sure he will have the mental aptitude to absorb whatever trial the "norty step" brings forth!!!!

Perhaps Worzel, who seems to know him well, can advise us

BRING ON THE NORTY STEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:43 AM
worzel

I will speak with "Chocks" today and tell him that his application has been accepted and the expectations placed upon him.

I expect it may take an hour or so for him to calm down enough from his euphoric state of being after such splendiferous news, but I am sure he will be on today to leave a message.

Chocks is absolutely perfect for this wonderful and unique section, he has already trained in secret for this and has learned ping pong bat control to level 4, taken evening classes at tea making in the Officers mess which includes special blend infusions and correct biscuit choices. He has also been practicing the "Evo Salute" upon spotting this deadly enemy.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Platinum Member

Could someone enlighten me please on how to perform this so called evo salute! pics would be good
Old 02-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Platinum Member

A picture of a Mitsubishi warrior, after being caught at the perimeter fence trying to get onto the secret Squadron base. One of the security guys roughed him up a little bit on the way back to the Squadron Guard House! After interrogation, he revealed "secret plans" relating to the "stealth garble unit" being fitted to the Evo IX.

Here also is a picture of Senior Formation Manoeuvre Technician Ken "The Pouch" Cobalt undergoing pilot training (he failed)!!!

Last edited by SUBARMAN; 01-09-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Gold Member

the last pic is a bit worrying seeing keith went there on his own
Old 04-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-jaffacake-tone

I am not allowed out on my own !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBARMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-jaffacake-tone

I am not allowed out on my own !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't understand why
Old 08-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Chocks Chockington

I've only just stopped shaking enough to type this reply. When "Worzel" told me the news I almost flibbered my gibbert!

As mentioned by "Worzel" I have been on the look out for "Uniform". Is there a standard issue version that you could point me in the right direction of? Or shall I ..... "Surprise" you?

I am looking forward to becoming a part of this legendary squadron (all be it from the slight outside ranks) and will do all I can to fulfil all of my pilot officers needs. I will undertake my duties with much gusto, vim and vigour. And I will only yell "Hurrah" when requested.

Could you please inform me of my fellow ground crew members, so that I can maybe liaise with them at some point?

Yours excitedly

Chocks

HURRAH AND HUSSAH, BING BANGEROONY, CHIP CHIP CHERIO!!! WHAT WHAT!!
Old 08-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Platinum Member

Well you have met Ken "The Pouch" Cobalt in various guises, but as our Senior Formation Manoeuvre Technician he has control of all kites when they are on the ground. He has a range of outfits, similar to those of Dan the Man, another "groundie" who has responsibility primarily for the Squadron flag.

Ken with his paddles (Source: Squadron Press Office)

Ken relaxing with his favourite read - Practical Poultry

Ken in action, letting red flight off on patrol

Dan the Man (Source: Squadron Press Office)

Dan the Man at about 100 mph, braving the elements

Members of the Tactical Mayhem Team (Chocks will be posted under their wing)
(They look like some of the pilots, but this is for security purposes only)

The Wagons are cleaned by female cleaning staff - each pilot specifies the uniform of his personal Wagon Cleaner, but all the uniforms must be flimsy!

This cleaner has her lower garment made of special cleaning material so she just rubs along the bodywork, like this! Swirls are a thing of the past with this method!

As you will see, the ground staff, apart from the cleaners, tend to wear a blue or black base to their "kit". The pilots wear black, and if you were to be in the Sector Black Stealth Flight (VERY UNLIKELY), you would get a big gun (for hazardous missions) and your uniform would be a tight-fitting pressure suit to deal with G forces and the like!

Hope that helps!

Last edited by SUBARMAN; 01-09-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Chocks Chockington

Thank you SIR!

This has helped me no end. I will base my uniform on the very clothing that Ken "The pouch" Cobalt is wearing in the top 3 pictures. And will wear it with pride

I take that the "Tactical Mayhem Team" will be giving me the training required to meet your extremely high standards? I feel it neccessary to receive the right training from the correct lunatics to fully understand my role within this hallowed squadron.

I am looking forward to my chance to prove my worth to you and your erstwhile collegues for many years to come.

Chocks

PS

Can't wait to use those "cleaning products" that are pictured above.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Crowman

ooh ahhh ive gone all parculiar matron. Fetch the spittoon
Old 09-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member

WOWZERS MY WAGON NEEDS CLEANING
Old 10-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Platinum Member

Come on Chocks!!! The Major's Wagon needs a clean - better get over there sharpish......what what!!!!