South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Engine Management

Engine Management For all your mapping,diagnostics and electronics

Old 09-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Bronze Member

Default dyno printouts from hayes dynotech today

went to hayes dynotech today with exevo3 (good to meet ya today fella) for a rolling road run so here's the printouts, pretty chuffed considering the car has done 115k and only mods are pipercross panel filter and tsl group n backbox

Old 09-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Silver Member

good to meet you to pal... really nice scoob you have there...and its running really well to... you have a good base there mate
Old 09-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Platinum Member

That's good. What car?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby doo View Post
That's good. What car?
lol might help... '05 blobeye wrx
Old 09-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Platinum Member

That's good 10bhp up on stock. With minimal mods. Bolt a decatted centre section on and be larfing
Old 09-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

LOL another strange AFR plot. What use is that to anyone.....

Comparing the maps of a 05 WRX and a Polar chip, the fuelling on your 2 cars should of read fairly similar. Yet they are quite different.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Very odd, over smoothed and under reading?
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 09-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBugEye View Post
Very odd, over smoothed and under reading?
what do you mean over smoothed???
Old 09-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Bronze Member

You guys might as well be talking Swahili lol

As my car is near on standard are you saying the read out, dyno or how it was taken is odd??!!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Platinum Member

Their saying you should of gone to Charlie's and had some one who knows what their doing do a power run
Old 09-11-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J. View Post
Their saying you should of gone to Charlie's and had some one who knows what their doing do a power run
Yep as usual CJ says what everyone else is afraid too say....LOL.....
Old 09-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Yep as usual CJ says what everyone else is afraid too say....LOL.....
I know people don't like be for being direct but a spoon is a spoon as a fork is a fork . I'll say it as I see and if you don't like it tough
Old 09-11-2013, 08:43 PM

Not having a go chris. I genuinely found it funny and agree with you.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:45 PM

I should be getting a Rolling Road day organised for a Saturday at end of January hopefully, Charlie was too busy leading up to Christmas.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member

Didn't think you where Scott just think people should say whT they mean rather than talk crap
Old 10-11-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEVO3 View Post
what do you mean over smoothed???
It looks like the data has been averaged out from lambda to give a smoother line - or possibly the sample rate was very low, e.g. it only took readings every .5 secs rather than every .1 secs.

By reading low I was thinking that the AFR looked rich the target AFR is usually around 11-12 yours is closer to 10 (i.e. around 1 richer than you would expect).

My graph below (SRR) shows a much more variable AFR plot (less smoothing 'averaging' or a higher sample rate) and the target AFR is clearly around 11.4

This is the same car on different rollers (JRM) in the same month - the graph has a greater degree of smoothing (e.g. the lines are less jagged) but shows the same data, although this time it's Lamda not AFR (Lamda of 0.75 = 11.1)
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 10-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Bronze Member

Ah that clears that up pretty well bluebugeye...

Perhaps it's something they do on an rr day as they know most people don't have such an indepth knowledge of then graphs and a slightly more progressive or smoothed so more appealing to the owners. I would assume all dynos could be sent to how frequent the readings are taken?

It was my understanding that as standard they run rich anyway??
Old 10-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBugEye View Post
It looks like the data has been averaged out from lambda to give a smoother line - or possibly the sample rate was very low, e.g. it only took readings every .5 secs rather than every .1 secs.

By reading low I was thinking that the AFR looked rich the target AFR is usually around 11-12 yours is closer to 10 (i.e. around 1 richer than you would expect).

My graph below (SRR) shows a much more variable AFR plot (less smoothing 'averaging' or a higher sample rate) and the target AFR is clearly around 11.4

This is the same car on different rollers (JRM) in the same month - the graph has a greater degree of smoothing (e.g. the lines are less jagged) but shows the same data, although this time it's Lamda not AFR (Lamda of 0.75 = 11.1)
so if the dyno has been set up to smooth out...that means i still dont know quite what my fueling is doing???

i knew my car wasnt quite right so i took it hoping the graphs might shed some light...
Old 10-11-2013, 12:45 PM

The readings will be fine if smoothed, it just gives a nicer looking plot, the questions raised are really to do with the AFR being 10 (Rich) also the start of the AFR where it's at 10 then goes up to 10.5 ish then back down isn't something I've seen before.

As C.J. said SRR (Charlie) are the most experienced subaru Rolling road in the area and you get much better value for money on a power run there than elsewhere as their knowledge is invaluable in explaining the plots, also as most local cars are tuned there you get better comparisons with others.