South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Platinum Member

Would also expect it to be on full boost by 4200rpm at the latest .
mines 2.1 bar at 3700rpm , same turbo but a small amount of displacement differents
Old 10-02-2012, 02:09 PM
worzel

Nige, you don't get a lot of stick mate. You get a load of banter and well meant BS thrown in your direction, just because you drive an Evo. At the end of the day, we all know you have got a well sorted bit of kit and you should be proud of it

As is always the way with this kind of thread, there will always be many opinions, questions, digs (sad but true).

At the end of the day, we are talking about a seriously sorted P1, over 500bhp in a car that ways less than a fairies fart, that is sorted in suspension and brakes etc. As ever Clive, you have done a cracking job and you should be very proud, I would be
Old 10-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Platinum Member

Nige I realise you aren't trying to upset people dude and if you were picking on me I deserve it as I have given you enough friendly stick / banter over time

I'll post up something later that will prove my point !
Old 11-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Silver Member

What i most count how it feels on road,not the figures...

About the your bhp,yes i was expected little bit more,but if you are happy this count most as i said before

You are running AVCS?

Jura
Old 11-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Platinum Member

I went there Thursday expecting slightly higher figures! if i'm honest i'm not exactly sure why I was expecting more.......

All I know is Paul was very particular and methodical in his approach and in his words the RCM rollers are a touch on the conservative side figure wise. He could have also provided some pub type figures but the car would not be the drive that it is now.

Listening to Matt Clarke confirmed that the fuel was unable to give anymore and the way the car is setup and built would provide for a very good everyday road car, more than capable of mixing it with some of the big boys on the track, as and when required.

Theres further options available to get some higher figures but hearing Matt Clarke say that it would not be a great daily driver and moving into that next level would require a 'regular' financial commitment, you could see why they have the car the way it is........

Car looked rapid, the way it breezed off up the road, which does make you think they know what they do very well......

Another great day at RCM and as always a great reception and welcome from all the guys there

Glad the cars back to where it should be and it'll be great to see the car with the 'low' BHP blow past some of the competition in the not too distant future

Quick Note:

Matt Clarke building gobstopperII
The attention to detail is I was dumstruck whatching the chap lay some cable through it Parts of that car that people will not even see have had endless amounts of thought and care taken

A real pleasure to be allowed to watch them work on it
Old 11-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Nige

Yes I love Skullfudge to! I'm sure Clive's car will come storming past everyone. I obviously can't get my point across so will just give up. Face to face will be better at least then it's not just words on here that get taken the wrong way
Old 11-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Platinum Member

Nice post but I take it that we have to say how wonderful it is as it has come from rcm .
The graphs show a lagg monster plan and simple . I take it some of the above is aimed at me ! if Clive wants to show how good it is enter a sprint like the Mlr /22b series were it a level playing field against the clock .
Old 11-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Yes I love Skullfudge to! I'm sure Clive's car will come storming past everyone. I obviously can't get my point across so will just give up. Face to face will be better at least then it's not just words on here that get taken the wrong way
Second that
Old 11-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Platinum Member

I think everyone was shocked at the bhp to be honest.

I nearly gave birth whilst looking like a stroke victim trying to whistle when I found out.

It's proved one thing, I have been told many times by the big fish, "bhp means nothing"

Matt or Olly didn't even ask or know what the bhp was, as they are not interested.

All dynos produce different data which in itself says a lot. What is the true bhp??

All I know is thats it's faster and more responsive that it's ever been (still on V-Power only) and I am well pleased with it's performance ..... really pleased.

I took it out for a raggin' today and kept thinking about the "516 bhp reading" whilst witnessing the power, and that's what is so confusing but it also proves that dyno figures are a load of bollox.

The "fastest its been" (going by BHP figures) is 542 bhp. This was on 20% Meths. That wasn;t chasing the figures but actual bhp on the road.

It's now running 516 bhp and is without any doubt the quickest the P1 has ever been.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Platinum Member

As long as your happy then it's all good
Old 11-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J. View Post
Nice post but I take it that we have to say how wonderful it is as it has come from rcm .
The graphs show a lagg monster plan and simple . I take it some of the above is aimed at me ! if Clive wants to show how good it is enter a sprint like the Mlr /22b series were it a level playing field against the clock .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
No, not at all

Its taken me a while to post because I've been ill the post was just a post and not aimed at a response to anyone...

Like I say, I know 'nothing' (i mean nothing) when it comes to reading a graph, map or whatever. I've got full respect for the pair of you and the cars you've produced speak for themselves.

Only posted because I was privvy to the conversations on the day and thought it was worth mentioning in trying to help possibly explain the figures. I wouldn't necessarily say the car is 'wonderful' because its a RCM built car but IMO it is a good car because its been built and looked after by RCM, more so Matt Clarke. I will be very truthful though and say that, the blokes attention to detail is truely amazing and he more than knows his stuff.

The 'low' comment was a dig at Clive in all truth, we've been throwing some banter about the last few days....... Sorry if this came across wrongly..
Old 11-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Platinum Member

Ill say sorry then , but I take some of those comments were in the staff room which not all of us can see .
Old 11-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J. View Post
Ill say sorry then , but I take some of those comments were in the staff room which not all of us can see .
Not at all Chris

Last post in the Admin bit was about Sim's car ready for today. Honestly back late on Thursday and woke up ****e yesterday. Eldest daughter also off school and only posted very quickly about doing detailing today.

Think you've got it all wrong about us fella! again if truth be told, only today we were saying what a decent chap you are. This was in respect of the recent work you done sorting Sim's problems etc etc Sim will back it up, i'm sure.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Platinum Member

CJ ......... I've got a better idea.

I'll come and pick you up and take you around the lanes one night, on the limits.

OR

Bring your car to Brands for an open pit track day and we can share a good time.

Not sure if you have an issue with me, or RCM, but sometimes fella you need to take a step back and look at yourself. You come across very strangely in forums and as Nige rightly says people can often and do often read things in a wrong manner.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member

Not interested in that sorry
Would rather a proper timed event . Sorry for my posts but writing is not a strong point of mine. No I don't have a problem with you or rcm . The same as I don't have a problem with big e . If I did I wouldn't of offered a flywheel to him . I hate posting as grammer , punctuation & spelling I find hard .
Old 11-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Silver Member

I have dealt with just about everyone when I built mine and only 2 people had the time to or could help and they were RCM and Advanced Automotive and to be honest I wouldn't trust anyone else now. I had an engine built 4 years ago by Foresters spares in Wolverhampton who was a so called "expert" and built the worst engine I have ever seen the list of faults are to long to list.

The problem is people are to critical sometimes and it is a shame.
I've owned my scoob for the last 7 years and have driven it hard and abused it badly and it isn't a patch on some of the cars owned by you lot but hey I wouldn't swap it for the world to me mine is perfect!
If your happy with your car then that is all that matters.