South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Silver Member

Default My Type-25 - What's it worth?

I think the time has come to part with the T25. I hardly ever use it these days, and I have plans to redevelop the garage, so it will need to find a new home. Some of you know the car, which I bought new in 2005 and added extras like leather, Defis, and GC05Fs running Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas. It currently has just over 38,000 on the clock and was last serviced at Gatwick Subaru in February, which was its first non-Powerstation service. Head gaskets done in April 2010, since when it has done 5,000 miles.

Most recent pictures here http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/v...ead.php?t=9062

It is based on a brand new JDM car (not a Spec C, but the same geometry), and these are now highly desirable. According to the magazine article at the time the T25 was the best ever Impreza.

So, it's rare and desirable, but what's it worth?

It does have one or two stone chips, and the dreaded piston slap that a lot of forged cars seem to suffer from, but I can't think of much else wrong with it.

It also comes with a rather nice number plate
Old 02-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Bronze Member

I'll give ya £50 and a for it

On a serious note that is a stunning looking car mate, real shame your selling it, wouldn't wanna guess at a price though, someone will get a lot of car for the money.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Platinum Member

I'm guessing 13-15k?? I guess it's what you feel happy letting it go at. It's a lovely car though

Last edited by Hongkongfooi; 02-05-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
I'm guessing 13-15k?? I guess it's what you feel happy testing it go at. It's a lovely car though
I would say around 15k. Probably a car that will increase in value too. Looks stunning.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Hurst Cars have one up for sale at £13750 at the moment, its done 47k so still pretty low and looks to have had a rebuild (receipt for £7k build included apparently).

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...-360bhp/986427

Yours looks nicer, but dealer cars always go for a bit more. Being realistic, i'd say yours is somewhere around £12k for a private sale i reckon. Lovely scoob though and i'd buy it if i had the money. Probably a good investment....
Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Bronze Member

Very nice, difficult one to price, think 12k would be a starting point but maybe more and see how it goes.
If I was to get rid of my type r this would be right up there on the list
Old 03-05-2013, 11:10 AM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

My thoughts were 12/13k. If only i had the money.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Silver Member

Cheers guys, there seems to be some sort of theme developing. I suspect it will go on to appreciate in value as it appears that Iain Litchfield is concentrating on other makes now, so all the T25s there ever will be are out there now.

Talk of cars appreciating just makes me remember the cars I had back in the day and what they're worth now, Mk 1 RS 2000 bought when 6 months old, 3-door Cosworth, a few Mexicos back in the 1970s. Pity I can't store and forget about it for a few years.

By the way, do you think it might be worth selling the number plate separately? Just seen what Bigemp's plate is worth.....

Last edited by XRS; 03-05-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRS View Post
Cheers guys, there seems to be some sort of theme developing. I suspect it will go on to appreciate in value as it appears that Iain Litchfield is concentrating on other makes now, so all the T25s there ever will be are out there now.

Talk of cars appreciating just makes me remember the cars I had back in the day and what they're worth now, Mk 1 RS 2000 bought when 6 months old, 3-door Cosworth, a few Mexicos back in the 1970s. Pity I can't store and forget about it for a few years.

By the way, do you think it might be worth selling the number plate separately? Just seen what Bigemp's plate is worth.....
no leave yours on the car it is specific to it and im sure a prospective buyer would love it on it,the one on my car the previous owners name was ged bet i wont sell it to another person called ged though lol

And by the way your car is absolutely stunning and worth £13k-£15k all day long....to the right person which im sure will be out there for one of these
Old 05-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Platinum Member

One on scabbynet for 17.5 k

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/subaru-444/...type-20-a.html
Old 05-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Silver Member

Cheers Tim, a Type-20 Hawk. Very nice. Looks like the chap who owned it had a cleaning fetish . The T25 was originally developed by Litchfield because the Spec C was supposed to be coming to an end and he wanted comparable performance so he went to the then new 2.5 bottom end from the States. He gradually improved the tuning of the 2.0 engine until they were returning very similar output to the original T25s.

Not many of either around in that sort of condition.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
That ones a JDM-based Type 20 though, so 2.0 twinscroll, which i'd expect to be rarer. Plus it is absolutely spotless!
Old 05-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
That ones a JDM-based Type 20 though, so 2.0 twinscroll, which i'd expect to be rarer. Plus it is absolutely spotless!
Yes, I think he says in the ad that there are only around 15 or so of the Hawkeye T20s. Problem is they weren't numbered like the T25s.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Silver Member

Recently brought my blob eye spec c T25 for £9000. Hopefully it will go up in value ?
Old 05-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife2 View Post
Recently brought my blob eye spec c T25 for £9000. Hopefully it will go up in value ?
I wouldn't be surprised if it does. I thought it was good value when you bought it. Plus, there are only so many out there.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Silver Member

Be the 1st car that goes up in value that I have owned if it does. Go Luke with yours
Old 05-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Platinum Member

Good luck Phil.. This is sad news. I would buy it if I was allowed.........but I'm not!!
Old 05-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBARMAN View Post
Good luck Phil.. This is sad news. I would buy it if I was allowed.........but I'm not!!
Cheers Keith, I've seen your pictures of the new one and you're a very lucky man already!

All I've got to do now is get myself organised to sell it!