South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Wheels,Tyres & Brakes

Old 01-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Bronze Member

Default Two piece disk and Kevlar pads ?

Whats peoples views on these anyone ever herd of them
??
Godspeedbrakes.co.uk

THE MOST POWERFUL BRAKES USING THE STANDARD SUBARU 4 POT CALIPERS.
Here is a kit we designed many years ago to fit under 17" wheels retaining the original Subaru 4 pot calipers , the calipers are a good design with good sized pistons , for the ultimate driving and track days the discs are not big enough , the standard discs are 294mm x 24mm thick , the discs in this conversion are 335mm x 32mm thick , being thicker they can take a lot more heat , and the larger diameter offer the calipers a lot more leverage , so braking power is hugely increased.
Our discs have a separate anodised alloy bell , so will dissipated heat a lot quicker than a one piece disc , and as they are a 2 piece design , when they wear down you only need to change the outer rotor as you re-use the alloy bells over and over , replacement discs come out at £295 a pair including a set of 20 nuts and bolts.
Our kit also uses a larger than standard pad , we use an Aston Martin pad which we modify slightly to fit , the pads are the same length as a standard pad so still slides into the calipers , but are about 15mm wider , our pad area on our discs are also wider than the standard Subaru discs to accommodate the pads.
All makes of pads and compounds are available in this shape pad , we usually supply either Ferodo DS2500 or NDX bluestuff pads with the kit.
The kit also comes with a mounting bracket kit which includes the brackets to fit to the upright , which brings the calipers out to allow the fitment of the larger discs , and a caliper spacer kit which widen the calipers to fit the thicker discs.
All in all the best brakes available retaining the original Subaru 4 pot calipers
Replacement discs inc 20 nuts and bolts are £295
Old 01-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

I know a couple of people with the Godspeed kit for 4 pots, seems to work reasonably well. Basically you have to split the caliper and put a spacer in between so that it takes the thicker discs.

Personally, i'd spend the money on a set of Brembo's..... Only issue is they won't go under the standard wrx alloys - depends if you plan on changing them too!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Bronze Member

It's all about price. How much would a Brembo kit cost and where to get it from. The wife's getting the scoob at the end of next year and I'll be getting a newer one so don't want to spend thousands.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Authorised Trader

personally found that whilst the kit is pretty reasonable performance wise, we often find the larger pads wear in a "cheese" wedge" style due to the large unsupported area............

for extreme use then i normally use std sized pads

out of interest i have a Brembo GT kit, brand new that could be around £1000 and clears WRX wheels comfortably (not to be confused with a lesser spec STi Brembo)

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Bronze Member

personly if you can get a godspeed kit second hand then yes definatly go for it.
i personly wouldnt get one new as the standard subaru 4pot calipers are prone to siezed /
corroded pistons so if you were going to get the godspeed kit (£5-600 new) you would be best of getting the calipers refurbed with stainless pistons (but thats around £300)

so before you no it £900 gone. yeah its a cracking setup but think what brake kit you could buy for around £1000
Old 09-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Regular User

I've installed Godspeed pads and disks on my STI v2 Classic and very happy with them. I only use the car for general driving... no track days!
Old 18-04-2012, 07:35 PM

How hard do you drive your car at the moment wonkey?
I had godspeed grooved disks and kevlar pads and later on blue stuff on the same disks with the same 4 pot calipers on a classic STI wagon, (spirited driving, not track), running a little over 330bhp.

The kevlar pads where dreadful and I would not buy ever again. The bluestuff where decent and you had to push very hard to make them fade.

As others have stated the best bet is a secound hand set of brembo's but if the wife is getting the car next year I would be very tempted to get a set of normal groved disks and some decent pads ds2500's /performance friction or even the bluestuff....Then again how hard does your wife drive?

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.