South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 19-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Gold Member

Default Olympic torch madness

Is it just me or has the whole world gone mental.Got up this morning to watch the world news and all I can find is pics of an old guy starting the olympic torch relay.BBC have blanket coverage.Waste of time and money or what.
Old 19-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Agreed!

But then i think the whole olympics is a money wasting pile of boring toss!
Old 19-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Agreed!

Plus 2

The Olympic touch is gonna pass through one of the roads I live near, gonna be packed and some little chav will only probably try nick it anyway lol
Old 19-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Silver Member

Glad it don't go anywhere near me. I would be tempted to use a bucket if water on it and declair the olympics cancelled.
I'm probably not gonna be able to get to work for 2 weeks cuz of the soddin olympics. I gotta drive past it every day
Old 19-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWRX View Post
Plus 2

The Olympic touch is gonna pass through one of the roads I live near, gonna be packed and some little chav will only probably try nick it anyway lol
When it comes through Redhill none of the people carrying it are locals.

Possibly a good idea, lol
Old 19-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Agreed!

Plus 3 on that!!

Watched some old codgger (No.3 i think) WALK with it! WTF seriously?! Was so boring apart from the guy who tried to take a picture to close to him so got rugby tackled in to a wall which was a highlight and a dam sight more interesting.
Old 21-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Fully backed.
Old 21-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Crowman

Have you seen that the people are selling there torches, one woman has it on ebay and is currently at over 150 K
Old 21-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
Have you seen that the people are selling there torches, one woman has it on ebay and is currently at over 150 K
My boys girlfriend is carrying one of the torches through eastbourne(best get her to sneak it down her trousers when she is finished)
Old 21-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Regular User

Joke really, when you consider these people were put forward by the community.
Currently nearly 20 up for sale, one with a starting price of £100k. One has been sold for £153k, with the seller saying money will go to chairty.
Old 21-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

All ******** if you ask me, and I'm getting a half day so the pupils can go and watch it come through the town.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 22-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Gold Member

i have 2 agree all a load of ********,wast of money.queens jubilee as well another con
Old 22-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Silver Member

remember paul whitehouse and harry enfields miserable old buggers? lol
Old 22-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Silver Member

Aparently the torch went out yesterday and had 2 be re-lit. made me laugh. I woulda told everyone to f'off back home as it's all cancelled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by didznotturbo View Post
....queens jubilee as well another con
IMO not. She's the queen, if she wants a jubilee celebration, she gets it. the whole jubilee thing isnt for our benefit, it's for hers.
It may be on an entirely different scale, but it would be like saying your aniversary, or birthday is a con so no presents for you.

the UK has a monarchy and they can do what they like within reason, anyone that doesnt like that is free to emigrate. no one forces people to live here.

sorry, dont mean to offend or piss anyone off, but comments like that wind me up.
Old 22-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-m View Post
Aparently the torch went out yesterday and had 2 be re-lit. made me laugh. I woulda told everyone to f'off back home as it's all cancelled...

IMO not. She's the queen, if she wants a jubilee celebration, she gets it. the whole jubilee thing isnt for our benefit, it's for hers.
It may be on an entirely different scale, but it would be like saying your aniversary, or birthday is a con so no presents for you.

the UK has a monarchy and they can do what they like within reason, anyone that doesnt like that is free to emigrate. no one forces people to live here.

sorry, dont mean to offend or piss anyone off, but comments like that wind me up.
just mo andy,sorry if i offended you but i happy with just a box of wine gums for my birthday.