South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Gold Member

Default olympics 2012 con

you cant take bottle water or food too the olympic games,you have too pay for it inside.so heres how much the robbing bastards are charging
Attached Images
File Type: jpg article-0-12F5AAFB000005DC-506_468x221.jpg (45.9 KB, 49 views)
Old 07-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Should join us at the breakfast club one Sunday, £14.50 for a buger, bacon roll and 2 teas!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 07-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBugEye View Post
Should join us at the breakfast club one Sunday, £14.50 for a buger, bacon roll and 2 teas!

Thats cheep for a buger, (what ever takes your fancy I suppose)

and a bacon roll and 2 teas.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBugEye View Post
is that in 1 off them doging car parks

£3 for two packs of crisps,you can get a 24 pack at asda for that.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Bronze Member

if you enjoy queueing, being ripped off, rained on, ppl throwing things and running around, more queueing & a hollow wallet by the end of it then good luck to ya!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearo View Post
if you enjoy queueing, being ripped off, rained on, ppl throwing things and running around, more queueing & a hollow wallet by the end of it then good luck to ya!
Sounds like clackett services on the M25!

About the same prices too

WINNER - Scooby Shootout 2011 Modified Handling class

WINNER - MLR Blyton Sprint 2012 Class S2

9th Overall - Ten Of The Best 2012 handling circuit 2 points for team Subaru 22B.com

With thanks to: ASTsuspensionUK.com JollyGreenMonster.co.uk ASPerformance.com AndyForrestPerformance.co.uk SD Motorsport
Old 08-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Silver Member

London is massively underprepared for the Olympics, these prices plus the fact hardly any Londoners got tickets (so people from elsewhere would come) goes a long way to suggest the Olympics is just a money making ploy for a country who's economy is on its a@@e!
Old 08-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma View Post
London is massively underprepared for the Olympics, these prices plus the fact hardly any Londoners got tickets (so people from elsewhere would come) goes a long way to suggest the Olympics is just a money making ploy for a country who's economy is on its a@@e!
Serious question..... how will it make any money? The cost of putting the event on is being projected as £24 billion. I know loads of businesses have/will benefit and a lot of the infrastructure can be reused, but surely we'd all be a lot better off with it being in some other country, with someone else paying for it.

I just can't imagine it generating that much revenue for the economy.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Silver Member

I agree, they think it will bring money to the economy but it won't do the country any favours, I didn't realise it was projected to cost that much tho! Apart from ticket sales, sponsors and tv rights then selling up afterwards there isn't much else to make money from??
Old 08-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Serious question..... how will it make any money? The cost of putting the event on is being projected as £24 billion. I know loads of businesses have/will benefit and a lot of the infrastructure can be reused, but surely we'd all be a lot better off with it being in some other country, with someone else paying for it.

I just can't imagine it generating that much revenue for the economy.
bloody hell £24 billion steve ppp and heres me moaning about £3 for some crisps lol :zoiks:
Old 08-05-2012, 11:44 PM
worzel

The whole thing is a massive cash cow.

Ther is no way this country is prepared for something of this stature, we could have coped with another big football tournament no problem, due to the fact we have the grounds already capable of supporting such a thing, plus a national stadium more than capable (if in the wrong fookin place)

The country is close to ****ing itself financially anyway, without a £24 billion balls up like the Olympics! I don't mean to sound like some kind of political militant battering on about the previous government, but this is just another kick in the balls from the last bunch of turds! We will be ****ed for years thanks to them! Not forgetting the sending our troops to fight American wars all over the world. Spending god knows how much in doing so.

if you need a model of what an Olympics can do to a country, just look at the **** Greece is in now. Australia is suffering to a degree too. Only China, being the biggest emerging nation can absorb something like an Olympics.

I dread to think what will happen to this country in the next 10 years or so on the back of all this. If you think things are bad now, be prepared for much worse to come.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Gold Member

im glad you wrote that worzel and im not the only one who thinks that
Old 09-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Platinum Member

Well said Worzel.

We have averaged 33 - 40 job enquiries every month of the last 7 years.
Last month (April 2012) we had FOUR.

That is how bad the economy is and like you say it will be a very long time before the country is back to what we would class as "mormal"

If Portugal, Spain and Italy follow Greece & Ireland, things may turn from an economic mess to a civil nightmare.

When money runs dry the human race has a history of becoming very unpredictable.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:27 AM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfudge View Post
Well said Worzel.

We have averaged 33 - 40 job enquiries every month of the last 7 years.
Last month (April 2012) we had FOUR.

That is how bad the economy is and like you say it will be a very long time before the country is back to what we would class as "mormal"

If Portugal, Spain and Italy follow Greece & Ireland, things may turn from an economic mess to a civil nightmare.

When money runs dry the human race has a history of becoming very unpredictable.
Bloody hell mate, that's a proper decrease :zoiks: I hope things get better for you mate

You are dead right about the human race becoming unpredictable when the money dries up. This is why America goes to fight in all these middle eastern countries. It has absolutely nothing to do with fundamentalism in any form. It's all about oil and minerals, simple as. Have super power will abuse this fact and take all that is yours thanks!!

It doesn't bode well for Europe as a whole, I know it's tough but if the sensible governments (Germany, France & Great Britain even though the Olympics will potentially undo that) have to stick with these austerity measures. At the same time they have to try and boost the backbone of employers in this country, the small and middle sized businesses that employ so many people. But they don't seem to be helping them that much at the moment.

I am very close to having to lay off staff now, as I cannot afford to carry any 1/2 bods. In the past I needed 7 1/2 people but employed 8. It will have to go to at least 7 soon and maybe even 6 if things don't improve soon.

Roll on Germany, I fookin need a beer
Old 09-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Silver Member

But we do get beach volley ball