South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Show 'N' Shine

Show 'N' Shine Cleaning / Detailing Talk

Old 11-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Silver Member

Default any good

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTOGLYM-Surfa...item3cb5f093ef

as above really.I am not really into cleaning the car but things seemed to have moved on since the days of a bucket,washing up liquid and a sponge. Are there any other all in one kits that are ok to use.I dont want to spend a fortune as this will more than likely only be used once or twice
Old 11-03-2011, 10:54 AM
worzel

Looks good.

Contact Nathan @ Hammonds. He gets some good deals on Autoglym products. He might get it cheaper, you never know?
Old 11-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Gold Member

i use 2 use auto glem,then scooby wez show me merguiars. spent eight

hours doing my car wash,soap wash,clay,paint cleaner,polish,then

carnauba wax. and my car looked so good. took it down 2 hastings the

next day 4 the weekend and pissed down for most of the time i was there
Old 11-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by didlo View Post
i use 2 use auto glem,then scooby wez show me merguiars. spent eight

hours doing my car wash,soap wash,clay,paint cleaner,polish,then

carnauba wax. and my car looked so good. took it down 2 hastings the

next day 4 the weekend and pissed down for most of the time i was there
Thats the thing I really cant be arsed with it.I spent 4 hours cleaning it the other day,inside and out.Then i picked the kids up frrom horse riding and back to square one.
Just would like to try it out but not spend a fortune
Old 12-03-2011, 12:12 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

The meguires stuff is very good, particularly for the money. As already said, the 3 stage cleaing system (Crystal paint cleaner, polish, the carnauba wax is spot on, if fairly hard work. I now use Blackfire products from polished bliss which I am pleased with and its easier to use than meguirs, although saying that I still use the crystal paint cleaner before going on to blackfire polish and wax.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:16 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby999 View Post
Thats the thing I really cant be arsed with it.I spent 4 hours cleaning it the other day,inside and out.Then i picked the kids up frrom horse riding and back to square one.
Just would like to try it out but not spend a fortune

The good thing is though, if you do all of that once, it will last 6 months and make washing it alot easier and it will still look a million dollars after a simple wash. It will also protect the paint from bird crap etc. I tend to clay, polish and wax at the begining of summer and then begining winter, and between times, just wash and sometimes use the meguirs detailer to take away any smears etc. Also, it means that the products last for a few years.

Last edited by Lucky; 12-03-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Gold Member

i will give that blackfire ago lucky

i no wot you mean scooby999 about the kids,give mine a clean and hoover then let my dog in and bloody white dog everyware
Old 12-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Platinum Member

Its good if you want a tempery effect.

Thing is with clay initialy depending on how bad your paint is to begin with it leaves it smooth to the touch but can leave alot of marring and deep swirlmarks. It removes most of the bonded contaminates depending how deep they are but also can damage the paint when there removed. The finish from the clay will generally last from anything 3 -6 months depending on how much you drive it.

To reduce the marring and the swirl marks you normally have to cut down the clear coat with an abrassive polish to remove them then seal it with a sealent or glaze then give it a good few coats of wax to ensure the finish is long lasting, providing its washed, dried and waxed correctly and not too often you shouldnt have to clay or polish your car for a year, just keep it topped up with wax and you should maintain a decent finish.

The polish thats in the kit will mostly only fill in the swirl marks and after a month or so will eventually evapourate and leave the paint unprotected showing up all the swirlmarks and marring.

IMO your best getting a better clay and using the residual water from rinsing after washing plus maby abit more to lubricate it as you go, then give the car a wash again. Invest in a decent polish or sealent and also a wax, it cost abit more extra initially but the results will last alot longer and youll need alot less effort after the initial clay to maintain the finish.

Heres a decent all in one once youve clayed

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polish.../prod_166.html
Old 12-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Silver Member

Right, washed and waxed the car today,polished it ,cleaned the wheels and after 3.5 hours stood back and thought **** this for a game of soldiers.It does look clean but now I keep finding blemishes in the paint work.

Must admit it doesnt look to bad in the pics but the paint does feel likwe it has a couple of days stubble.
Old 13-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Platinum Member

Looks good mate