South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 31-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Platinum Member

Default runing trouble with my wrx

Got an issue with MY93 Wrx,
been stood for 6 months whilst having some bits sorted,
had it runing ok on saturday was idleing fine, reved up great moved it around all ok,
then today it wouldnt start up greatly sounded lumpy lots of pops, then it started but only idleing with me holding the throttle then that cleared, was idleing for 10mins all normal then was unsetled idle but again cleared and i went to move it but now as soon as you hold the throttle in any postion its hunting between 1.2-2k and thats all it does idles ok but hunting any ideas?
no engine managment light, and engine was upto temp also
regards benji
Old 31-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Bronze Member

Ive heard that petorl degrades over time and can cause lumpy running if left to go "stale", possibly something to do with it?
Old 31-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Nige

Start with the norm clean & GDP plugs all the usual stuff. Include maf sensor, boost pipes use plenty of brake cleaner down the boost pipes. That's the cheap way if that works then cool if not start looking to coil pack's. :rally:
Oh don't forget fuel filter!
Old 31-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Platinum Member

cheers guys
i should of said i had new coolant temp sensor fitted, another icv as mine was up the duff, the inlet and all axcellerys were removed, cleaned and painted before refitted, also stock airbox refitted, just wied as i thought the eml would of pinged up?
ill go threw your list 1st nige, and also go and get 15 liters of fresh v-power and throw that in so that eliminates the fuel.
Old 31-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Silver Member

dunno how long, but what nick said is true. people with old classics that spend a lot of time in storage have to add a fuel stabiliser to the tank. witout it, the fuel tends to gell up and blocks filters, carbs, injectors, lines etc.
Old 31-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Bronze Member

Hi if none of the above works could be the maf sensor had this happen to me twice and both times was a maf sensor playing up
Old 31-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Bronze Member

But fingers crossed its something simple and cheap
Old 31-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Nige

How's the BMW Allan? Get some proper pics up!
Sorry Scooby doo. Just had to say hello.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Platinum Member

thanks for the info guys ill have a check. i have a spare maf i could try seems weid why it was runing the day before
Old 01-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Crowman

Sorry to hi jack this thread, just noticed the sticker on Andy m car.
Andy I'm guessing you work for Romec then.