South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Members Car Profiles

Members Car Profiles Show & Tell Your Pride & Joy

Old 25-08-2016, 11:37 PM
Silver Member

Cheers Steve! Agreed was stunned with the difference, I'm driving round with a massive smile on my face at the moment.
Haha! I did say that... Think I did well to last 4 years though. God knows what I'll do next in another 4 years..
Old 03-03-2017, 04:07 PM
Silver Member

Just a little update.

I spent Monday up with Rich at FB tuning for a full service, cambelt, all new shinny brake discs and pads all round and a general map check.

Apparently the last person to change the cambelt left the crank pulley guide touching the belt!! So after five years and many track days... I think my engine is quite lucky to be still going lol.

Apart from that everything was ok. Rich did say he thinks my front wheel bearings will need to be changed soon (making some weird noises when cold) so that will be the next job.

Also after talking with Rich about changing my exhaust for a quieter one (trackdays lol)
he recommended going 3inch all the way through, in which he said he might be able to up the boost a little (currently running 1.4). So will be looking around for that soon.

Any one got any recommendations for exhaust? Cobra/miltek?
Old 03-03-2017, 04:24 PM

Cobra 3" for me but def not quiet

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 03-03-2017, 04:35 PM
Silver Member

I did have a look at the Cobra 3" track day exhaust.. but wasn't sure how restrictive it would be.

http://cobrasport.com/index.php/cobr...th-de-cat.html

Last edited by SamSTI; 03-03-2017 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Add web page
Old 03-03-2017, 05:15 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Ouch, that's an impressive job on the cam belt install!
Old 03-03-2017, 06:23 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSTI View Post
I did have a look at the Cobra 3" track day exhaust.. but wasn't sure how restrictive it would be.

You was lucky about the cambelt then Sam if you want to hear a milltek i have full system on mine
Old 03-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Platinum Member

Milltek Sam
Old 03-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:

Conrad's got one and it's very quiet
Old 03-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemp View Post
You was lucky about the cambelt then Sam if you want to hear a milltek i have full system on mine

Yes please Dave. I think I need to listen to a few. The inner child in me wants something loud.. but my brain wants something quiet enough for track days lol. I need to find one that's in the middle.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:52 AM

I have a miltek fitted at the mo, and its louder than the cobra 3" trackday friendly system I had fitted previously on full chat, but quieter on idle/static testing! I think a cobra with their standard sized trackday friendly system in 3" would be ideal, I think it flows a little better than the miltek too after back to back testing.

For comparison Sam check my Doningtion vid with Tim in the passenger seat (2 laps or something before black flag with miltek), next to Goodwood clip with passengers.. bare in mind that I asked for a custom 4.5" exit on the cobra which would have increased the volume a lot, but you will get the idea

Lucky break with the cambelt, I saw a high millage wrx up at Rich's a few months back where they had not been so lucky and the belt had wrapped round the crank pulley and locked it, all the cams jumped and it was bye bye engine! compression tested all cylinders... 0 !

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Yes please Dave. I think I need to listen to a few. The inner child in me wants something loud.. but my brain wants something quiet enough for track days lol. I need to find one that's in the middle.

Just give us a shout either one evening or if you off one day in the week and i can pop over