South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > Meet / Event Pics & Vids

Meet / Event Pics & Vids Post all your meet / event pictures here.

Old 13-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Gold Member

Default World Rallycross Championship R8 2018 - Loheac

My second rallycross weekend in a row, this time in France for round 8 of the World Rallycross Championship.

There was a huge entry – including a number of UK drivers – giving around 100 races over two days. Many snaps were taken, here are a few of my faves…

Krisztian Szabo is a double Super 1600 Champion who made his Supercar debut at Loheac. He has only tested the car once, but Szabo was bloody quick all weekend and ended up taking second place in the Euros: not bad for his first time!

Rokas Baciuska dominated the Super 1600 class all weekend, but an issue in the final saw he denied victory at the last minute.

Henrik Krogstad snatched the lead of the RX2 final on the opening lap of the race and led all the way up until the penultimate corner, when he overcooked it and spun off…

…in the scrabble to dodge the wayward RX Lite, it was Oliver Eriksson who took the lead, winning the race and increased his Championship lead in the process.

Cyril Raymond was the driver to beat in the European Championship. Neither the current point leader Reniss Nitiss nor his biggest challenger Anton Marklund could match Raymond.

Supporting the main Championship classes were the Rallycross Legends which featured an assortment of 2WD and 4WD cars, including several Group B favourites.

Thanks to a last minute – and slightly mysterious – driver departure, Liam Doran got himself a seat with GCK for Loheac.

Liam didn’t waste any time getting stuck in and was challenging the reigning Champion in his opening race. Although he has done some bloody stupid stuff off track, I don’t think there is any doubt that Doran can drive.

Andreas Bakkerud led the final but he, along with his team mate, left their joker lap to the last lap…

…which allowed Johan Kristoffersson to close in enough to steal the lead with just two corners to go. It’s not unusual to see six cars together in a rallycross final, but pretty cool to see them so close at the end of the race.

It was a great weekend and, although it was yet another win for Kristoffersson, the way he earned it was fantastic to watch. Round 9 is this weekend and if Johan can win in Latvia the 2018 Championship will surely be his.

Loads more picture here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57701279078175

If any of you are interested!
Old 13-09-2018, 01:27 PM

I do love those Audi's!

What camera are you using bud?

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 14-09-2018, 09:49 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 View Post
I do love those Audi's!
They do loook great, don't they? That said I think all the Supercars look pretty mean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 View Post
What camera are you using bud?
Canon 60D and a 55-250 lens.
Old 14-09-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
They do loook great, don't they? That said I think all the Supercars look pretty mean!

Canon 60D and a 55-250 lens.

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk