South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 17-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Platinum Member

Default Big thanks to Jaffa and Silversurfer !

As per the title big thanks to Jaffa and Crew For bleeding my brakes this morn, and to Scott for kindly getting up early and dropping off some of his flushy blue stuff.

Oh and to Big E for moral support and the idea of a brisk walk for a hot pie. Top munch

Brakes are ten times better and that's without me yet stripping them down and cleaning all the discs and pads plus pushing the pistons right in and out a few times and lubing them up due to the possibility of one them being a bit sticky as the car has sat for a while!

Was told the old fluid that came out was like treacle so it was well over its change due date

Anyway they'll do me for a while now till i upgrade in the new year.

Nice to meet AndyM too, hope the gear box swap went smoothly and all is well. Good luck with the Twins on the way.
Old 17-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Crowman

Nice 1 mate, great that it's sorted, you can put ya foot down now
Hope Andy,s is sorted too, he has been racing around to get everything done before the arrival of his twins .
Old 17-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Platinum Member

I had a good blat down the A21 on the way home out of a few roundabouts, :rally: Pulls really well and puts a massive smile on my face, but still don't fully trust a hard fast stop coming up on junctions and traffic but it certainly feels better and more drivable.

Hmmm what to do next? so many ideas just need one of those money tree plants.
Old 17-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Was good to see you today Rich.

Nice clean scoob.

I know just the man to do the touching up, (does that sound wrong?)

perhaps your could do a group buy with Crowman.
Old 17-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
Was good to see you today Rich.

Nice clean scoob.

I know just the man to do the touching up, (does that sound wrong?)

perhaps your could do a group buy with Crowman.
Was good to catch up E and the WR1 was looking stunning as ever in that gorgeous blue!!! ( sod off you lot before you comment i like it )

Always up for a bit of touching up! and yes we do need it, and all will be sorted in the new year.
Old 17-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Crowman

Rich that's because your gay too
Old 17-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

No problem Rich, glad to be of service and good to have you back on the SES scene