South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > General Pics

General Pics All sorts in here, show us what you've been up to - No adult content.

Old 25-06-2012, 04:34 PM
worzel

Default GT Racing @ Brands Hatch

Yesterday, Martyn & myself went to Brands Hatch as guests of the Predator GT Team, who were taking part in the Avon Tyres British GT Championship.

Here are just a few pics from the day, there are only a few of the huge amount I took, as I have very little time to go through them. More will follow soon I hope. I have got some really good pit stop stuff to post, which I have had a brief look through. Plus lots of Predator team pics, racing pics, wreck pics, champagne popping pics, pit board girls etc etc.

First though, a few of the Predator boys

Phil had first stint, this is him on the grid with Adam the Pro Driver having a final chat before the start

Ready to go!

After just a couple of laps, Phil went off (thanks to a nudge) and hit a tyre wall!

After much scrutineering, ripping, sawing and pulling off of bits, the Predator Ferrari was ready to leave the pits

But it did look a little worse for ware!!!!!

Here are some of the other machines from the day

The winner

The runner up by a 10th of a second!!

And the others....

Old 25-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Crowman

Cracking pics from a cracking day .

Those are the earlier pics, a good few of those cars ended up a lot sader looking

Pit birds please
Old 25-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Good pictures

Liking the BMW.
Old 25-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Platinum Member

Great pics Steve

Where abouts did Phil have the off ?
Old 25-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Great photos Steve, and it looks like you guys had some pretty awesome access as well.

Must be great watching the race unfold from inside the team garage.
Old 25-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Gold Member

Once again cracking photos. Looks like a bloody good day out, some lovely looking motors, but that GT-R looks especially nice.
Old 25-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Crowman

Phils off was on the GP part of the circuit , not exactly sure where. Was nudged by one of the Porsche , he also dislocated his thumb, Adam the pro driver up it back in whilst they were in the pits, Phil had to come in twice more to have thumb up back in , big ouch .

The good news was that the scud ran with no mechanical issues after having a complete gearbox strip and rebuild in the morning , the bad news is , it needs wing, front splitter and under tray part of front space frame and possibl more .

Very exciting day, after 2 hours of racing 1st and 2nd were separated by less than 1/2 a car length and 3rd was only 1/2 a second behind .

Multiple offs and racing bumps

Myself and Steve were getting our ugly selves behind every interview we could, should be funny watching it on TV .

Carlos sainz junior

Steve rubbing his end

Check out Mr, I can go where I like

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/e17492eb.mp4

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/8bb0ea15.mp4

So fooking quick

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/ef466569.mp4

The scud does sound sweet

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/d597018d.mp4

GTR ouch

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/51c23c39.mp4

The Scud after the off

The winning team and me getting on TV

The champagne moment

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/5852c3f8.mp4
Old 25-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

quality mate

whens it on tv then?
Old 25-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Once again cracking photos. Looks like a bloody good day out, some lovely looking motors, but that GT-R looks especially nice.
+1 professional photos
Old 25-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Crowman

It's normaly on TV 2 weeks later Steve

Worzel has so many cracking pics, bu will take him days to filter through them
Old 25-06-2012, 10:43 PM
worzel

Thanks for the kind comments chaps!

These pics are actually nowhere near the best ones, but they are pretty much in the right Oder for the day, minus a few pit pictures and some special lady shots etc!

Martyn got us great access and yes I did take the piss a couple of times with where I went, but I reckon that people didn't bother me because I looked confident in what I was doing and got in and out nice and quickly.

Phil and Adam are great guys, which makes the day even better!

Me and the old Mukka had a full on day yesterday, including getting back together with the girls for the football later on, top day chappers