South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 06-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Bronze Member

Default VF35 Turbo installation

Hi everyone.

I am looking at popping a VF30/VF35 turbo, pink STI injectors, STI up and sports cat downpipe on. Oh and a new fuel pump.
Parts cost..... £500
Remap..........£430

If brent at newhaven fits the parts it will be another £400. I was looking at fitting this myself to save some money.
How hard is it to do the Turbo and fuel pump, i can do the downpipe and hopefully up pipe but the injectors i will definitely leave to a professional.
Or is it more hassle than its worth doing bits myself and then someone else doing it too.

Currently running 270-280 bhp. Is the 50ish BHP that noticeable and worth the money?
Or should i just fit the exhaust parts (which i already have) and get a proper map on it from Duncan?

Whats everyones thoughts?
Old 06-07-2015, 10:46 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

On your last question, it depends if you're after 320-330bhp or happy with 280bhp and slightly better spool from the TD04?

Fuel pump is fairly simple, just a bit fiddly getting the cover back on with the rubber gasket nice and flat. Done 3 fuel pump swaps on newages now and I'm by no means a mechanic!

For the exhaust parts, if there are seized bolts sometimes its just easier to have the car up in the air to get proper leverage on them. It can be a right pain struggling underneath with the car on axle stands trying to loose old uppipe bolts etc
Old 06-07-2015, 11:44 AM

From someone whos running those parts and at 331bhp - id say the 50bhp is noticeable, but only if your tracking it...

For daily driving, and blasting the odd saxo of bmw - prob not that much of a diff tbh..

Ryan

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 06-07-2015, 12:41 PM

Further thought... has the car been mapped already? Or is it a PPP car?

You mention going to a sports cat downpipe so I assume you're on the standard Subaru catted downpipe at the moment? If so, I expect you'll be well short of your estimation of 270-280bhp at the moment... has it ever been on a rolling road?
Old 06-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Platinum Member

It's all simple stuff to fit , but can go wrong if you aren't methodical fitting the parts
Pm'd you a different option too
Old 06-07-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Fuel pump is fairly simple, just a bit fiddly getting the cover back on with the rubber gasket nice and flat. Done 3 fuel pump swaps on newages now and I'm by no means a mechanic!
You just like getting sprayed in the face

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginola View Post

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 06-07-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginola View Post
Not from you, you big poof

Although vpower in the eye does sting a bit!