South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Projects

Projects Tell us about your cars mods, past, present and future!

Old 04-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member

well done , have some banjo bolts and exhust bolts if not sorted
Old 04-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Silver Member

Cheers Guy's..........

I am not going to lie to you Spooks, i am bricking it.... Its really wiered because in some ways i can not wait to turn the key and in other ways i am not looking forward to it if anything goes wrong....
Old 04-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Silver Member

Good luck mate, just rebuilt mine and started her up last night, know how you are feeling.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J. View Post
well done , have some banjo bolts and exhust bolts if not sorted
Cheers C.J, i might have to give you a call if i get stuck....

Quote:
Good luck mate, just rebuilt mine and started her up last night, know how you are feeling.
Cheers mate, was that your first engine rebuild???
Old 04-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Silver Member

On a scoob, cheated a bit though as i had the bottom end built by Enginetuner
Old 06-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Silver Member

Unhappy

Engine is in and is not turning over, i am hoping that it is just a sticky starter motor. Also need to find out where all of the boost/vacume pipes go as that has confused me, does any one have any diagrams that i can follow??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Completed2.jpg (99.3 KB, 18 views)
Old 06-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Silver Member

Talking Woo hoo

I managed to start the car!!!!!!!, the problem was that the power was damaged on the starter so i took it apart and managed to tighten the bolt that sticks out of the starter.... I carried on turning it over with the ht leads out to build up the oil pressure, then stopped and plugged the ht leads back in and he started first time.... The only problem was he was reving high, i am just hoping that it was just because the boost pipes are prob in the wrong places and the intercooler pipe that leads to the throttle body is not on. I only ran the engine for about 4-5 seconds, but the main thing at this stage is he started.... Think its time for a well deserved beer.... Lets just hope it runs proper once i iron out the creases....
Old 06-05-2010, 11:18 PM
The Nurburgring JUDGE!

Well done mate should be proud of yourself, look forward to seeing you back in it.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Gold Member

nice one mate could be the ICV stuck or a pipe off.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Platinum Member

You are a lot braver than me mate.

If I would have put it back together I would have got someone else to start it incase it blew up

Good stuff & well done.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Platinum Member

Good that ity started , note for next time pull the crank sensor plug off when building the oil pressure up its then one plug not 4 to pull off and plug back in . as jaffas said pipes & ICV are a good place to start
Old 07-05-2010, 10:16 AM
worzel

Mate, I'm really happy for you that it's all turned out ok.

You have done a cracking job and you should be proud of of what you have acheived
Old 07-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Silver Member

Thumbs up

Cheers guy's....

Tone is the ICV on top of the inletmanifold? with the settings ABC???
Also where does the pipe go from the top of the throttle body?? I might need to give you a shout at some point when you are free...

Cheers Clive that was one of the most heart stopping moments of my life....

Thanks for that C.J, lets just hope that i dont need to rebuild another one, but i have taken note.. lol

Thanks Worzel, i couldn't of done it without some of the advise that was given on the forums, so a BIG thanks to those who gave me advise when i needed it.....
Old 07-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Gold Member

give me a ring if you get stuck
Old 07-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Silver Member

Smile

Cheers Tone, i will prob end up giving you a shout a little later after work...
Old 10-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Silver Member

Little bit of bad news, the car seemed to be running fine, the engine was wining though a little bit but i am hoping that this is just because the piston rings need to bed in (can someone confirm this) There was no blue smoke at the back and the car idle'd beautifually... My mate noticed that there was a big puddle underneath the car of oil, i have not had a look at it since as i was to upset and felt like crying so i left it alone over the weekend, but i think i know what the issue is. On the top of the block at the front there are inspection points, well atleast that is what they look like, on each half of the block, they are allen key bolts and are about the size of a 50 pence piece. I took them off them to replace the copper washers and when i tightend one of them i managed to over tighten it and it snapped off the block. I tried to mend it myself with some chemical metal which i don't think has done the job, i know for a fact that everything else is tight and sealed as i took my sweet time putting it all back together. Just seeing if i can get a call out welder to see if they can repair it..... I really do hope that it can be fixed as the car seemed to be fine...
Old 10-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Silver Member

Sorry to hear the news mate. Maybe worth checking the auxillary belts, also i would drain the oil to check just in case.
Old 17-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Silver Member

Cheers mate.

Ding ding round 2, engine taken out for the second time, secound hand block from Stew... Cheers mate. Engine out and all parts onto new block in a day. Just need to bolt on the heads. Decided to tidy up the engine wiring loom as well. Lets just hope i don't break anything this time....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00200-20100515-1156.jpg (101.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00203-20100515-1626.jpg (101.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00204-20100516-1316.jpg (101.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 26-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Silver Member

Car is up and running now and is on road finally..... oooooo how i missed driving the scoob... Car seems to be running beautiful, a little knocking noise but that is the exhaust bracket.... Look forward to seeing you all at the next meet...
Old 26-05-2010, 10:35 AM
The Nurburgring JUDGE!

Great job, looking forward to seeing you there now it's up and running. Enjoy the

Last edited by stiggy; 26-05-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 26-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiggy View Post
Great job, looking forward to seeing you there now it's up and running. Enjoy the
Cheers Stiggy..... It has been a while.. lol
Old 26-05-2010, 11:10 AM
worzel

Mate, I'm really glad it's back up and running well.

You have done a cracking job
Old 26-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Silver Member

Thanks Worzel, i can not wait now till it is run in and i get my Simtek ecu...
Old 01-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Platinum Member

Tyler, I just had the pleasure of a visit from one of your work associates Mr Stiggy.

He mentioned that you would love to jump in my passenger seat one day. Maybe you could jump in at Japbash?

Last edited by Skullfudge; 02-07-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfudge View Post
Tyler, I just had the pleasure of a visit from one of your work associates Mr Stiggy.

He mentioned that you would love to just in my passenger seat one day. Maybe you could jump in at Japbash?
Now that sounds like a Damn good idea to me clive , just worried that after i do that i will never be happy with my car ... Also you might have to physically pull me out of you're car too.
Old 15-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Silver Member

Couple more goodies brought for the old boy..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00286-20100714-2341.jpg (89.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00287-20100714-2342.jpg (96.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 15-07-2010, 06:49 PM
worzel

Can't beat a bit of bling matey
Old 22-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Silver Member

After getting the car mapped a little while ago i had a issue where the engine was burning a lot of oil from the home made build...... So another engine was purchased. I found out why the car was burning oil, it was the CHEAP!!! (flee bay) valve stem oil seals.... It is my fault for being tight....

Any way i drove to west Yorkshire to pick up my lovely new lump. It is a Forged P1 engine, with wisco forged piston's, Eagle conrods, arp head studs, acl race bearings, 440cc injectors, and for £50 a full manifold wrapped, 6 paddel clutch with lightend flywheel and STI4 heads.

I took my old engine out on a Monday and buy Tuesday it was back in and running, but i had a really bad waterleak and it got all into where the clutch was, so the clutch worked for a little bit then started to slip... (to be fair i hated the clutch any way as it is a daily used car) So then i had to find the water leak... JOY... It took some time to find the leak and ended up taking the Inlet manifold off to only find that it was a loose sensor !!!

Now all i had to do is drop the gearbox and changed back to the standard clutch.... That took we about 2 days also but was a struggle.... I HATE ANYTHING TO DO WITH SUBARU GEARBOX's.......

Well after that i took the car to Simon as the car nearly passed its MOT on emissions when i have no cats at all, so a trip to see Simon was needed.

Got on the rollers and Simon done a blinding Job as usual and the car made 318bhp 330... So i am pleased. Still more to come...
Old 25-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Silver Member

I thought i would start re-conditioning my brakes that i have had sitting in my bedroom for about 3 months... Not greatly pleased but it is kind of better then before...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00003-20100817-1831.jpg (95.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00015-20101023-1730.jpg (94.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00017-20101024-1734.jpg (90.4 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Silver Member

Have not updated this for an extremly long time and a lot has gone on since.. Think when there was a problem with the site i lost some of my updates...

Fabricated a custom numberplate brackets..

One of the brackets i fabricated...

Fitted to fog light cover...

Fitted to car..

Number plate and grill fitted, and old number plate cut off...

Picked up some version 7 STI seats.

Well after not that long fitting the Subaru 4 pots, i decided that i needed a lot more stopping power so i brought myself a set of these...

Yep you guessed it.. A genuine P1 splitter

Brakes are fitted as well as my prodrive wheels..

Wheels were sent off to be sprayed.

After my gearbox loosing the will to live i replaced for a JDM 5 speed

Where's the Wally LOL?????????????????

turbo in, with the braided turbo line..
Braided turbo line

Vf28 beside a TD05 18g

The rear diff ready and waiting to go in, just waiting on new seals to come so i can replace them.
Rear anti roll bar is partly in, just have to either source a a new bracket or attempt to drill out the broken bolt.
I also have some new gauges waiting to replace my old cheap gauges..
Prosport Stepper gauges...

Also brought a DIY flocking kit and i am going to attempt to flock all the chavy blue bits in my car... That should be fun :confused2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler 1 View Post
Centre pod holder flocked..

Few goodies

[/QUOTE]

Fitted 550cc injectors and Walbro 255, put rear seats back in as wanted to make sure the walbro primed before it did so..
Fitted the rear drive shafts now, the driver side one clicks into place without a circlip.... Feels the same as the left side as it clicks into place.. So fingers crossed on that..
Also fitted a Sti steering wheel and fitted the exhaust... So coming along.. Also ordered a brand new radiator and the water feed pipes for the Turbo.
Even had a little time to add a little fine detail to the wheels, i know nobody likes the blue lip on the wheel but i wanted to be a little different..

Brand new Radiator turned up today which i paid £43.50 for, delievered!!!
And also my £170 order from Opie oils!!!

Fitted all the white pipes which are now black fitted the turbo water pipe, Rad with both rad fans, also fitted all the wiring for the 3 new Prosport gauges, made sure that i hid as much of the wiring as possible, with the help of my dad... All wires were soldered and heat shrunk.. Fitted white boost pipes as well. The turbo down pipe is in place just needs to be secured.
All that is left is to fit the actual dials in the pods, fill gearbox and diff up, fill engine and anti freeze and fit the intercooler pipes then ready to start the old boy, fingers crossed!!!
Little pic of the engine bay in progress..

Prosport gauges fitted and home made flocked bits also fitted..

Little video below..

Old 10-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Silver Member

Sent the Car off to JGM for mapping, He made 351.1bhp which i was very happy with, Simon was not able to road map it as it had no MOT or Tax at the time so i got that done and guess what happened a day after??? Yep i broke my gearbox, second gear syncro went.. Slave cylinder went and causing me to break the second gear syncro, so managed to get my misses to drop me to Dans the next day and got a slave cylinder off him.. But now with this issue of not having a second gear there was no point me going to see Simon for the road map, so waited till another five speed come up. Then after i had got it my misses decided to surprise me with a complete 6 speed setup, including R180 diff shafts and rear brembo setup.. VERY happy bunny
Managed to fit it all last Sunday but noticed i had a few issues, my downpipe was hitting the gearbox craddle and i had a water leak So went to see Dan and John and they sorted it all out with just mne turning up out of the blue, which i really appreciated. So that was all sorted, managed to sort out my passenger window issue also which turned out to just be a bent Pin on the switch.
So now all that was needed was the fine tune by Simon, so went down there yesterday and he has worked his magic and sorted the Kangarooing and set the launch control for me... Which i am over the moon about..
Power is really nice but want more now that i have the 6 speed box looking for a MD321T, also went to Canada Coach works to get a estimate on my front bumper and then all i need is to get rid of the front lights and either go for Morettes or Crystal.. So all coming together now...

The present from my lovely misses..

Present unwrapped

Mates who come round to watch lol

Old box beside the new

Drive chain completly out

Rear hubs removed

Me and my mate dealing with the final bits

nearly sold the car a couple of weeks ago as didnt know if i could afford to keep it as was moving in with my new misses. But she did not let me sell up and offered to sell her own to help us, but we decided in the end to keep both and now i have started tuning her 2.5 Focus st Turbo... Well i suppose i should say Volvo...
Well i have now sourced a MD321S Billet which is in my bedroom..

Also brought some Harnesses and a Harness Bar which is on its way.. No they are not my seats... Wish they was though

Have also brought a set of STI pedals..

Just need a turbo inlet pipe and possibily exhaust manifold, but to be fair i dont think i will as funds are a bit on the low side.
Also have a set of Crystal headlights that i will be picking up at some point when i actually have a chance too.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Silver Member

Also removed black paint from rear Brembo calipers..

Old 10-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Silver Member

Well going to have to sort out the turbo a lot sooner than I expected as think my tdo5 18g has lost the will to live.. screams like a supercharger.. so just need to source a 76mm turbo pipe..
here are the goodies I have waiting to go on so far

Old 10-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Silver Member

Fitted crystal lights .. car looks sooooooo much better I feel. Really happy with them.

before

Spacer fitted..

After

Old 10-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Silver Member

Little bit more done. Manifold fitted and 3" exhaust fitted..
Just about fitted in the company car.......

Now car has been washed and waxed and under the cover waiting for some bits from RCM and all new couplers for intercooler.

really hope the end is near.. feels like im fighting a loosing battle.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Silver Member

More goodies

Old 10-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Silver Member

Engine apart at the moment to fit the Turbo inlet pipe. Might give the engine a little clean..

Old 10-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Silver Member

Managed to get turbo inlet pipe in which was not fun with standard fuel rails and lines still attached.. Painted top pipe black as well, just going to send injectors off to be customised to 900cc and flow matched at lateral performance.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Blimey, you've been busy!
Old 10-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Silver Member

Yeah just a little, it was all over a period of time though... Just need injectors, and the lateral performance exhaust manifold and up pipe. then off to get mapped hopefully...
Old 13-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Silver Member

Yesterday I picked up a lateral performance headers and a rcm up pipe, just need some welding done to the collector as there is a minor hole.

Today I managed to get a little done, but as it was raining not much.. My neighbour saw me standing in the rain with a umbrella and offered me this..

Got the inlet manifold in with the new gaskets, also Managed to clean the block a little as well as taking out a few bolts and copper grease them up.

800cc injectors should be purchased this week, then just need to get exhaust mani on as well as turbo, and customise the gearbox cradle as it's hitting my 3" down pipe.. So slowly getting there..
Old 13-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Silver Member

Looking super smart.crystals look so much better!where did you get the hub spacers from
andhow much??cheers
Old 13-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Silver Member

Cheers jonny... Mine are eibach, but cdf racing also do a set.

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?c=...ARU&s=category
Old 13-10-2013, 11:21 PM
The Nurburgring JUDGE!

Looking good and getting there mate...
Old 13-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Silver Member

Cheers Pete, long time no speak mate..
Old 15-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Silver Member

Got a little bored whilst waiting for my injectors and timing belt guide...

Old 15-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Regular User

is difficult to remove the gearbox from a reduced height?
without using the lift.
Old 16-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang. View Post
is difficult to remove the gearbox from a reduced height?
without using the lift.
Its not the easiest of things to do, but as i have done it a few times now you learn, and you learn quick..

Easiest way i have found so far is to use a trolly jack to bring it down and jack it up in place.. But either way it is a lot easier on a ramp, as the first time i did it was at my mates work place.
Old 16-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Silver Member

These turned up today..

My 800cc injectors
Old 17-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Silver Member

Got a few bits done today, power steering pump alternator in ac in and injectors are in. Run into 2 issues,

1 can not remember which injector cable goes to which injector on the drivers side, as my bits of tape came off

2 the injector connector doesn't fit think I need a top slot connectors

Think I need a phase 2 connector or something... Joy...