South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Show 'N' Shine

Show 'N' Shine Cleaning / Detailing Talk

Old 09-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member

Default snow foam

where would people recommend to get it from and which brands to or not to use ?
Old 09-11-2011, 02:16 PM
worzel

There are lots of places to buy it Chris.

I would recommend that you go for a neutral PH one though. I would recommend this one personally.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washin.../prod_500.html

Take into the equation that you need a lance to stick on the end of the jet washer.

:tw:
Old 09-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Silver Member

I use the normal snow foam but will get the one Steve recommends above next.
Not only does it work but it is also awesome fun!! I love peoples faces when they are watching me snow foaming the car! like, WTF is he doing...
Old 09-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Platinum Member

Theres loads out there Chris

As an all rounder thats probably safest for the enthusiasts extra wash stage, the Valet Pro PH Neutral is a good one to go for and would be my recomendation for you

The 'citrus' pre-washes are good and whilst 'most' are safe on the LSP, they will strip more if not all of the LSP if used in too heavy a dillution They are generaly better cleaners than a 'normal' snow foam though Citrus Pre Wash

If your not too bothered by the 'foam' itself (not as 'foamy' as others out there), the BiltHamber Auto-Foam is a very very good cleaner but would not recommend for regular washes as its very dependant on getting the dilution rates correct....

I take it you have a foam lance?
Old 09-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Platinum Member

Yes have a lance , I asked as there are so many and if people found one that works it saves me trying a load to find one that works
Old 09-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

I just use Megs Hyper Wash with a dash of Gold Class works fine for me.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 09-11-2011, 08:03 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBugEye View Post
I just use Megs Hyper Wash with a dash of Gold Class works fine for me.
Likewise
Old 09-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J. View Post
where would people recommend to get it from and which brands to or not to use ?
Oh! No not you to! Your joining the cleaning bunny's
Old 09-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Oh! No not you to! Your joining the cleaning bunny's
No just a soap and rinse is all I'm doing
Old 10-11-2011, 06:31 AM

That's the main thing I use it for - if the cars reasonably clean just a good foam then rinse pretty much sorts it.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 10-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Platinum Member

i get all my stuff from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk
Old 10-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Adding a shot of Meguiars Gold Class shampoo with the Snow foam or a large shot of any cheap car shampoo's you get for Birthday or Christmas (good way to get rid or them) helps to give the foam a bit of extra Oomph......

(makes a change from using the Christmas/Birthday car care gift packs on the garage door or house windows )
Old 10-11-2011, 05:45 PM

I get all my stuff from Polished bliss
Old 10-11-2011, 05:58 PM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWRX View Post
i get all my stuff from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk
CYC is a cracking site

Are you keeping an eye open for their "daily specials" at the moment Andy? I have picked up some bargains recently
Old 10-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Nige

I get all my stuff from Fairy & polish from the yearly fat red guy.:rally:
Old 10-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBugEye View Post
I get all my stuff from Polished bliss
+1
Old 11-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
CYC is a cracking site

Are you keeping an eye open for their "daily specials" at the moment Andy? I have picked up some bargains recently
i have indeed, going to be placing a rather large order soon for some supplys and a new machine, the g220 still works a treat and has been good to me for many years but its getting on abit so time for a new me thinks lol also going to be ordering some "special" wax thats going to hit the wallet quite abit but will all be worth it in the end also got some detailing plans for next year too
Old 11-11-2011, 02:30 PM
worzel

It amazes me how easy it is to spend money on supplies. Especially wax, man there's some good choices out there. I just treated myself to a pot of Swissvax Mirage, which although is not in the realms of "super Expensive" waxes, costs plenty. And it is a cracking wax for the money. We used Mirage on the Lambo.

Plans hey
Old 11-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Gold Member

Only got the cheap stuff then Steve, maybe next time you could treat yourself to the Swissvax Devine Personal Hand Blended Wax.
Old 13-11-2011, 10:41 AM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBoy View Post
Only got the cheap stuff then Steve, maybe next time you could treat yourself to the Swissvax Devine Personal Hand Blended Wax.
I would love to have a drop of that. But that is a hefty old price tag to justify right now.

I have my eye on a few of the signature waxes and hope to get hold of one in the new year

Something like the Paul Dalton Crystal Rock.
Old 14-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
Plans hey
oh yes lol cant wait till the new year!!! going to be setting up my new fb page in a couple of days and hopefully will be taking on a car that makes me cringe lol, but its definatly gonna be a challange. Nothing special its a red mr2 turbo but its used as a daily driver thats virtually never been washed and is coverd in green algee every panel is faded to pink and some of the pannels are gonna need wet sanding
Old 15-11-2011, 08:22 AM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWRX View Post
oh yes lol cant wait till the new year!!! going to be setting up my new fb page in a couple of days and hopefully will be taking on a car that makes me cringe lol, but its definatly gonna be a challange. Nothing special its a red mr2 turbo but its used as a daily driver thats virtually never been washed and is coverd in green algee every panel is faded to pink and some of the pannels are gonna need wet sanding
Brilliant stuff mate, I'm sure the FB page will take off

Faded red MR2 :zoiks: Mate, that will be a test for sure. However, if the results come out as I Imagine they will (having seen your work many times) it will look absolutely stunning

What's your plan of attack?
Old 19-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Platinum Member

Ive allways wanted to try a real dog of a car, most of the cars ive done have been mates cars that have been looked after but need abit of tlc, but this is one thats bordering on the verge of a complete respray!

wont really know what sort of plan im gonna need but from what ive seen and felt its gonna need the usual snow, clay and numeorus amount of cutting pads, might even have to go as far as wet sanding the entire car!!!