South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > The Ring Zone

The Ring Zone The area for the Annual S.E.S Ring Trip. Plus all the information you will ever need on the infamous Nurburgring.

Old 14-04-2011, 03:10 PM
worzel

Thumbs up Next Year! Yes 2012

2 things to bring up with regards next years trip.

(1) I have spoken to a couple of people attending this year and they agree about this. After the late posting of the track closure for the Saturday we are down there. I propose that next year to get some GOOD track time that we do the following.

Depart from Dover at 8am on a Saturday and return home on either Wednesday or Thursday. This should also give us clearer track time as well.

(2) I have got confirmation from a member of the Lotus Owners Forum (and a friend of mine), that he will get 6+ cars to come down with us next year, which I think is a great idea. We could completely fill the hotel with our group then

What are your thoughts guys?
Old 14-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Platinum Member

Sounds like a good plan to me
Old 14-04-2011, 03:27 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Definately count me in for 2012, and those ideas sound spiffing old chap.
Old 14-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Sounds like a good idea.

But unfortunately this will mean taking more time off work and making the trip alot more expensive

If people wanted to go for the long weekend would this still be possible?

The Ring timetable changes from one year to the next, so next year it may well be open as in previous years, surely the best option would be to provisionally book the hotel and wait untill the opening times are published.

Should you get a good take up from SES members I feel they should have priority to accommodation if it comes to it over the Lotus drivers.

Having said that I will would like to go, if I can afford it.

Last edited by BIG"E"; 14-04-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 14-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Nige

Sounds like a plan to me. Now then can we manage to get that other track in aswell. You know the one we pass on the way to the Ring thingy oh thats it Spa + take a look at Zolda. Not saying do all, just to see whats on
Old 14-04-2011, 05:17 PM
admin

That all sound good steve so long as it's a good crowd of people then it would be good to increase the numbers.

Don't think it's going to matter about the places and Ses priority soon as the details are posted up it'll be first come first served. Can't hold places for people only for someone to let them down.
Old 14-04-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
That all sound good steve so long as it's a good crowd of people then it would be good to increase the numbers.

Don't think it's going to matter about the places and Ses priority soon as the details are posted up it'll be first come first served. Can't hold places for people only for someone to let them down.
If we get the same numbers as this year there just wont be room,
so to increase numbers would not work unless alternative accommodation is found tents in the garden may be.

This years trip has maxed the hotel.

So it could possibly mean members missing out.

This is South East Scoobies or perhaps there should be a name change
Old 14-04-2011, 05:45 PM
worzel

Ian, rest assured, we will give priority on the hotel to the members of SES first. But as is the case every year, there are always casualties to the initial list in both directions, with people being added last minute or people dropping out last minute. Just one of those things.

We haven't maxed out the hotel at all, we sent Jacqueline a loose list in January of people who were coming. She then put them rooms to one side and then went about filling the other rooms with guests. We could take what we have this year and then add the Lotus lot and still have plenty of room.

With regards next year, Jacqueline can fill the hotel several times over with ringers alone. She turned down a wedding to accommodate us this year. So I am not willing to mess her about too much as she has really looked after us.

Going on the Saturday will give us much better track time, plus a bit of weekend entertainment, so everyone wins. And at the end of the day, it's a holiday, so just take it as your time off, happy days.

Old 14-04-2011, 05:49 PM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Sounds like a plan to me. Now then can we manage to get that other track in aswell. You know the one we pass on the way to the Ring thingy oh thats it Spa + take a look at Zolda. Not saying do all, just to see whats on
Exactly mate, we will have a lot more chance of spending the day there in midweek. The lotus boys fancy a drop of that too
Old 14-04-2011, 05:51 PM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
So it could possibly mean members missing out.

This is South East Scoobies or perhaps there should be a name change
Think about the list of cars going this year

Scoobs
Evo's
Monaro
Lotus
Mazda
Mercedes
+ whatever beast Neil is in!!!!!

Should we change our name now then!
Old 14-04-2011, 06:02 PM
admin

Name change

You can't invite another club as part of an Ses event and not treat them the same as everyone else! You advertise the trip and those who want to go, pay up and go!

Not organising the trip anyway so not going to get in any arguments. I'm sure steve will be on the ball and treat all those interested the same
Old 14-04-2011, 06:11 PM

If the timetable is the same next year,

Leaving on the Saturday you will only gain an extra 2 hours on "The Ring" by staying till the Thursday, because its only open on the Tuesday evening.

I would suggest nothing can be done untill the timetable is published in January 2012.

Here is this years timetable:http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/angebo...dschleife.html
Old 14-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

A visit to Spa on the way back would be excellent stuff
Old 15-04-2011, 12:27 AM
Crowman

lol
Love it we are already talking about next year.
Majorscoob is returning next year as my co driver.
Old 15-04-2011, 06:18 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
lol
Love it we are already talking about next year.
Majorscoob is returning next year as my co driver.
110% counting down the days already!!
booking time off work for it will be ok for me as long as there is plenty of notice of dates.
Old 15-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Sounds a good plan to us, as long as it's the half term week otherwise we won't be able to make it!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 15-04-2011, 08:41 AM
worzel

99% of people seem happyto go with this scenario, so happy days.

We will look into the Spa idea too
Old 15-04-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
99% of people seem happy to go with this scenario, so happy days.

We will look into the Spa idea too
With this scenario, from a personal point it will make it alot more expensive. So I will have to start saving now.

The dates chosen will have to carefully researched and nothing will be able to be organised untill the programme is published in late January, as I have said if you were to come back on the Thursday this year you only be able to have an additional 2 hours on the ring although the trip would be 3 days longer.

To include Spa would be very appealing.

Enough said.
Old 15-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Crowman

It dosnt matter to me,as i dont go for the ring, its about being away with like minded top people.
And i got me old mucca majorscoob coming shotgun , if his good " now fitter than ever" lady will let him.

plenty of nights at sliders , wicked.

Any how, what about 2013 what we going to do then.

Italy
Old 16-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
It dosnt matter to me,as i dont go for the ring, its about being away with like minded top people.
And i got me old mucca majorscoob coming shotgun , if his good " now fitter than ever" lady will let him.

plenty of nights at sliders , wicked.

Any how, what about 2013 what we going to do then.

Italy
lol you crack me up!

Love the ring but i dont mind where we go as long as i can pay my way.

In my eyes i've driven 5 laps and survived the ring so thats a tick crossed off of my list but i wouldnt complain about going back just for a lads petrol headed, beer fueled weekend and some good old spectating!

How about that twisty track for 2013 that top gear took the Lambo, Porsche and Aston too?? sorry i cant think of the name Big E mentioned it many threads ago.

They also drove on a more flatter twisty road in the valley of some mountains, think Clarkson quoted it was "painted on by God".
Old 16-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

If it helps - West Sussex has half term from Monday 4th to Friday 8th June.

Monday 4th June is spring bank holiday and Tueday 5th is a Bank Holiday for the Queens Jubilee

If we were to go out on the Saturday and return on the Thursday only 2 days holiday would be required, (for those with proper jobs!)

Or people could come back on the Tuesday and basically have the same trip as before but shifted by one day without any holiday needed at all so in fact could be a better/cheaper trip for people who are worried about rising costs.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter

Last edited by SpecB; 16-04-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 16-04-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby View Post
Big E mentioned it many threads ago.

They also drove on a more flatter twisty road in the valley of some mountains, think Clarkson quoted it was "painted on by God".
That will be the Stelvio Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBugEye View Post
If it helps - West Sussex has half term from Monday 4th to Friday 8th June.

Monday 4th June is spring bank holiday and Tueday 5th is a Bank Holiday for the Queens Jubilee

If we were to go out on the Saturday and return on the Thursday only 2 days holiday would be required, (for those with proper jobs!)

Or people could come back on the Tuesday and basically have the same trip as before but shifted by one day without any holiday needed at all so in fact could be a better/cheaper trip for people who are worried about rising costs.

Sounds good Nick
Old 16-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Platinum Member

would of been good to have popped over for the spa part but i'm out as can't do school holidays
Old 16-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member

We went to Spa and Reims as part of last year's ring trip, and both have fantastic atmosphere.

Even driving the old Spa circuit will amaze you with regard to speeds those drivers were doing down those roads with all the trees/houses etc by the roadside.

The Reims pits are on a long straight road (obvious I suppose) and you can burble past at quite some speed. Awesome!

Last edited by SUBARMAN; 16-04-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 18-04-2011, 09:12 AM
worzel

I would like to go here big time!

Old 05-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Platinum Member

Ooops missed this thread.

Anytime you are going to The Ring, I'm in.