South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > The Ring Zone > Nurburgring Video's

Old 21-04-2015, 01:05 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Default Another bump on the Ring....

How to lose your €5k deposit in one easy step.... turn in to the Apex when someone is already there!

http://bridgetogantry.com/2/index.ph...o-follow-steps

IMO.... the GTR driver should have been more cautious rather than trying to nip through after the Porsches.
Old 21-04-2015, 07:56 AM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post

IMO.... the GTR driver should have been more cautious rather than trying to nip through after the Porsches.
The default position is the on the right, (its not a race track, its a single direction toll road)

to move over to the left that is what you have mirrors for??

6 of 1 or half a dozen of the other.

But as above the GTR should have seen that coming I did..
Old 21-04-2015, 08:10 AM

Jeesh !

Hope everybody was OK...

Remind me of how my cousin cuts me up racing on GTA ha ha ha -

Seriously though - I dunno how you guys go round at the speeds you do, I would be pootling along at 30mph with indication on every turn ! ha ha ha

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 21-04-2015, 08:36 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

That just shows you that the most important item fitted for a lap of the ring is a standard fit item and the most important skill is to bloody use it 'ALOT'.

Its called a rear view mirror !!!!!

If you see a car in your rear view mirror catching, even if he is a corner back, don't try and be a hero trying to keep your lap time low. Start preparing to let them through.
The fact that someone is catching means your going to have to slow up at some point, so spare a few seconds and let them through smoothly.
Old 21-04-2015, 10:15 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
The default position is the on the right, (its not a race track, its a single direction toll road)
Yep, which is why in the eyes of the Polizei, the Clio driver is probably at fault. As a de-restricted toll-road, the GTR is in the overtaking lane. The Clio driver has cut into the overtaking lane without checking his mirrors....

But I still think that the GTR was expecting a bit much to expect the Clio to have seen him coming from that far back in the short straight after the long right-hander. He was probably too busy keeping an eye on the Porsches passing him.