South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 15-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Platinum Member

Default Majorscoobys turbo

Well guys and gals some of you may know the story and some of you may not, but for those that were at the Geo day you may remember my poorly little blue wagon kicking out a little smoke when rev'ed a tad!

Well it turns out that the casing on my td04 has a slight crack in it along with oil seals worn!

So what have i done about it you may wonder?? Well i have ordered a td04 hybrid from andy forest under a little persuasion from our resident techie. you know who you are, told the missus i was ordered/ bullied to upgrade by a couple of members! "They made me do it, honest love"

Down side is i miss my mapping session on the 16th but hay ho at least the problem has been found and the kite will be flying again soon. I do miss it, its been gone a week now!!!
Old 16-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Crowman

Default Re: Majorscoobys turbo

well mate at least you getting it sorted now. A very good choice too. I am fooked off with mine. Needs shocks and now got a very horrible noise when on boost. Just great. Not! Running out of time.
Old 16-05-2009, 03:08 AM
Platinum Member

Glad you found the problem , shame you had to buy a turbo
Old 16-05-2009, 05:30 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman
well mate at least you getting it sorted now. A very good choice too. I am fooked off with mine. Needs shocks and now got a very horrible noise when on boost. Just great. Not! Running out of time.
mmmmmm? not good. what noise are you getting?
Old 16-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Crowman

Screaching big time.

Scott, HELP!!
Old 16-05-2009, 11:48 AM
worzel

You haven't got a flock of Starlings in your turbo have you??
Old 16-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Crowman

Sounds like a mouse havings its nuts squeezed.
Old 16-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Nige

Majorscoob Glad you got it sorted mate Crowman sorry to hear about your car mate. Hope it's nothing to bad.
Old 16-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Crowman

Cheers Nige.
It may not be the turbo, but i got no way of knowing. My car has done 79K so i guess it could be on its way out.

Am looking forward to seeing how Rich's is when its done.
Old 16-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

You have PM