South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 17-02-2016, 02:25 PM
Bronze Member

Default Back and looking for a new scoob

Hi all,

I have been 5 months without my beautiful WRX bug and realized i made a mistake selling it but ultimately needed more space than i had.
Looking for an Impreza Wagon (turbo of course)

I've got a few k to spend between 4-7 so not sure what to get, clearly spend all you can to get the best.

My old WRX was about 270ish bhp so will need equal or more power.
I have spent some time looking at legacy twin turbos and twin scroll turbo as i am keeping my options open but do keep finding myself looking at Impreza's after seeing a Legacy.

So my questions....... My old one was a 2.0 turbo bugeye...
not a fan of the bugeye wagon, just looks odd.

So Nice Impreza classic, or a newage blob for that price but the mrs isnt a massive fan of the blob lights.
I have seen a few 07 reg hawks up for 7k ish, but i am unfamiliar with the 2.5L engine, is it a lot different to the 2.0? How so? Any worse or better with reliability.
This will be a daily driver only a 20 mile round trip but will be going to wales and back once a month too. Is the classic a lot more of a firm ride than the newage.
Only has experience with a Legacy GTB and my WRX bug.

Thanks
Old 17-02-2016, 02:39 PM
Bronze Member

Don't forget forester jdm imports room for everything and can be tweaked to go like **** of a shovel.her indoors loves ours.even have an auto if you get in a lot of traffic,
I'm running 308bhp enough for now and puts a smile on your face.
Old 17-02-2016, 02:41 PM
Bronze Member

If you want a mint sti forester 05 plate there fetching about £9000 but you can get a good xt import for about £5000 afew cheap tweaks and a remap 3oo bhp easy
Old 17-02-2016, 02:43 PM
Bronze Member

didnt think of them much. Whats the MPG like i wold imagine they are worse than the impreza due to the weight and size. What do they corner like too? I do like to throw them about a bit on the lanes to work (when the kid or dog are not in the back lol)
Old 17-02-2016, 03:17 PM

Hope to see you back in a scoob soon Mike

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 17-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Welcome back Mike

Never owned a fozzy but the mpg would be pretty much the same as an impreza I expect.

In terms of the 2.0 vs 2.5 argument... the 2.5 is well known for having problems. Safest bet is to stick with the 2.0 unless you find a nice 2.5 that's been forged/fixed. Plenty of threads on Scoobynet about 2.5 failures. You might find a good one, but the failure rate is higher than I'd want to risk if I was buying...
Old 17-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Bronze Member

Cheers fella's should be back in one in a month or so. Not rushing to jump in one need to find the right one.
Might go down the blob route and tell her thats just how it is! lol.
How much of a different ride is the classic over the newage?
Old 17-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Bronze Member

Mpg same as Impreza,slightly softer suspension bit more roll but easy sorted,