South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Projects

Projects Tell us about your cars mods, past, present and future!

Old 12-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: BOUGHT ANOTHER SCOOBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Tell Vince he needs a longer arm on that engine hoist...it'll never reach the scoob from there....

And just unbolt the Engine in the Silver one and let the EVO cushion the impact.
lol
Old 17-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Nige

Bought these what do you think 8x18ins O.Z Superleggera
[img]http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u321/Bikebloke0/bike018.jpg[/img] Just need my car back to put them on.
Old 17-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Platinum Member

Any news on your car nige, update?!!!
Old 17-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby
Maybe the end of next week. Just maybe, finger's & toe's are all crossed. The drive over to Germany will be slow untill Scott get's his hands on it. I'm hopeing he will mapp it for me eighther on route or when there. If i grovell alot & wave money at him. Then give him a kiss & a pint or 7
Old 17-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby
Maybe the end of next week. Just maybe, finger's & toe's are all crossed. The drive over to Germany will be slow untill Scott get's his hands on it. I'm hopeing he will mapp it for me eighther on route or when there. If i grovell alot & wave money at him. Then give him a kiss & a pint or 7
HAHA mine needs doing too since the new turbo story. He could come back with more money than he took out ££££££££££££ KA-CHING ££££££££££££
Old 17-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Can I just say... I AM NOT MAPPING ANYTHING IN GERMANY.
This is supposed to be a weekend break, and as far as I am concerned it will be.

Laptop is only going in case any fault codes need to be read or things reset,
Old 17-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Can I just say... I AM NOT MAPPING ANYTHING IN GERMANY.
This is supposed to be a weekend break, and as far as I am concerned it will be.

understandable!!!!!!!
Old 22-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Nige

The engine is in at last. The Past 48h have been MAD. Vince as norm very busy and against his better judjment let me lose on the car. This morn it started for the first time. So now just running it about to make sure nothing falls off. I keep thinking did i do that clamp did i do that nut & bolt So far only one breakdown due to not putting a clip around the pipe to the dv. It did make a noise when that poped off. Anyway ok so far only took it around to 4500rpm pulls better than i thought spool up is fantastic next to no lag. I replaced the oe headers for some Harvey Smith ported headers & matched up pipe. Seems to works Perfect with the 2.5 & Tdo5 20g. Will wait untill Scott can get his hands on it before giving it any more stick. First impretions are good though. I will be able to sleep now the car is almost ready to go. Oil & filter change + 3 port to go on tyres gearbox & diff oil job done. Roll on next Friday
Old 22-05-2009, 10:22 PM
tazman

Quote:
Might be needed my friends STI had a wobble whilst out there last weekend, engine management light came on Saturday morning!! Fortunatley we found a handy garage where the guy check the ecu and reset it. Nothing big wrong we just think as he was a bit low on fuel the ecu threw a wobbly going round the ring or whilst being chucked around may have not picked up enough oil.

Car ran perfectly afterwards
Old 23-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Crowman

Nice one Nige
Old 25-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Nige

Got a few jobs out of the way today. After Crowmans leak in his fmic i went over mine with a fine toothcomb. Then on to the gearbox changed the oil. Strange these 6 speeds have 2 drain plugs. 4.1 litres of oil @ £12 per litre Engine oil & filter done + a magnetic drain plug {i was given it} While i was under the car i checked all i could see. My new engine is running really well. Scott to the rescue & make it safe tommo.So all looks good for the ring...... Well nearly im still waiting for my tyres Im on Pirelli rosso's @ the mo & they dont stick like my Bridgestone's did ! Mind you there all but bald. Looking to buy some Bridgestone Re0 70's or Hankook rs . Will see what Victoria tyres can do before Friday
Old 25-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Crowman

Good stuff Nige.
I have done a few little tidy upbits to mine today also.
Did a few miles and can safely say it is far far to hard.
Am going to hurt big time by time we get to dover let alone the ring.
Old 25-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman
Good stuff Nige.
Ha! Ha! sounds like you have a 4 weel drive go kart mate.
Old 25-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman
Good stuff Nige.
Ha! Ha! sounds like you have a 4 weel drive go kart mate.
I think its wicked but its certainly gonna be a challenge to get there and back without a back injury, just wait for the track its gonna corner like its on rails.
Old 26-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Nige

Well no tyres for me,bald is the way to go. Apart from being skint now there is no time. Looking over the car today i found a broken plastic 3 way joint thingy between the turbo & boost solinoid lucky i borrowed one from the other car. Last year i melted one of these bloody thing & cost me in bhp. Scott to map tommo lets see if it all makes sence.
Old 27-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Nige

Just got back after the re-map. Scott made if safe & quick. We had a few misshaps i changed my 2 port for a prodrive three port & broke it trying to re arrange some pipe work. So we had to change back to the 2 port Other than that Scott had to reduce the boost [made it slower] as my injectors are not man enough for the 2.5. Seems the turbo can take more so for future modds Bigger injectors are on the list Thank's to Scott i can sleep tonight now i know the car's runing safe. Bring on the RING.
Old 27-05-2009, 11:05 PM
worzel

Good news matey.
Old 27-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Nige

Now i'm as pissed as a fart & off to bed HAPPY!!!