South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Members Car Profiles

Members Car Profiles Show & Tell Your Pride & Joy

Old 29-01-2011, 07:08 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Default My EVO - Would sell if the offer was right.

Got busy with the camera today seeing as it was a dry day and the car is clean.

Old 29-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

How much??
Old 29-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member

You've had it a week for christ's sake!
Old 29-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
that long !
Old 29-01-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
How much??
Its not officially or formally for sale, but if someone came along with £10K I'd be tempted.
Old 29-01-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I'll probably end up keeping it as no one is buying cars unless its being given away, and for me its the best rice tin, jap fuzz box car I have had to date, which should see me well if I were to keep it for a fair while.

I need to give it a chance really, but when I start to feel like this I tend to just delay the enevitable, hence if someone was there interested for the right price I would just sell it and move on.
Old 29-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member

from someones previous thread.....

' When I get it and so long as it still pushes my buttons as it did at first viewing and its as clean as I thought it was at the time, and it don't start letting me down badly, and all the time company work is good I can see this one being a keeper... Honestly Guv!

Before purchase of this one, and as sad as it is.... I even done a tick box of wants and needs for a car at this point in time, and this one ticked every box... So bodes well for its future.'

Old 29-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Gold Member

lmfao you didnt keep this quiet for long then rob
Old 29-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Platinum Member

You need to run your own car sales business full time Rob!
Old 29-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
You need to run your own car sales business full time Rob!
He has considered it, but he would only stay in profit for about as long as he normally keeps a car..............i.e a week,
Old 29-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
He has considered it, but he would only stay in profit for about as long as he normally keeps a car..............i.e a week,
Old 30-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Nige

Bloody bloke he makes me laugh though. Rob just buy yourself that big German car you will end up with anyway mate
Old 30-01-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
You got that about right. Would love to start my business, but couldn't do with all the numpties out there, and I like you say I think my impatience would ensure I wnet out of business within the week. I have gained a little on few but lost allot more. I still just do it for fun if you can call it that, and just look at from a perspective of I'm loosing less than if I bought a boring new car and changed it after 3 years for another new car.
Old 30-01-2011, 08:38 AM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

I actually found myself thinking about that for a moment there

It is a lovely example Rob.
Old 30-01-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Bloody bloke he makes me laugh though. Rob just buy yourself that big German car you will end up with anyway mate
I think you have got me sussed out Nige 10/10. But thats were the problem/head lies, what I really want is a well sorted BMW 335I or a Audi RS4 B7, or possibly just a very nice young S-line Audi 2.oT. But we are talking allot more money for a car thats just a year or 2 younger probably more miles on the clock, and no quicker/slower.....

And i'm struggling to justify the extra expense as well whether I would want/feel happy to have that much tied up in a car...

Got up this morning and decided to try and find some time this morning to go for a drive with the Evo and see how I feel about it.. It might not be perfect for what I ideally want, but need to weigh up for the money, its allot of bang for your buck ticks most boxes, and just live with it.

Then get shot of the scoob to remove temptation, or park it up somewhere out of sight, and just use the Evo all the time.
Old 30-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Gold Member

if u get a copy of gt5 rob you can have all the cars you want and it will only cost you £40
Old 02-02-2011, 03:57 PM
SES Mercedes Division

Very nice mate

I'd keep it
Old 02-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Bronze Member

Dont like the newer evos prefer the 5-6 but thats my opinon if you like her and she still does it for you then keep her!!!

Ian
Old 02-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Bronze Member

I can empathise with you Rob, I am also a serial car swapper ( not quite as often as you), if you feel the need for change I think the outcome will be inevitable.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:55 AM
worzel

Priceless as usual Rob

When Nige was talking "Big German" I thought he was pointing towards a Porsche.

If I were you, I would sell the wagon, and then hold out with the Evo (which looks great in the pics by the way) until the "One" comes along. You have a short list, stick with it mate and only settle for the best of them!

Good luck
Old 03-02-2011, 02:21 PM

Never say never, but done some soul searching explored a few options, and pretty much concluded it's a keeper for now.....

As for the scoob - If it don't sell in here or sussex, then in the meantime I'll Mothball the scoob and keep it for Snow, work horse or possible track days. Then just off load it, when my insurance premium runs out on it. In the meantime, If I feel like fiddling I might even put a stock TD04 turbo, wheels and exhaust back on it, spray the bonnet myself and recover a few pennies in the process.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post
Never say never, but done some soul searching explored a few options, and pretty much concluded it's a keeper for now.....

As for the scoob - If it don't sell in here or sussex, then in the meantime I'll Mothball the scoob and keep it for Snow, work horse or possible track days. Then just off load it, when my insurance premium runs out on it. In the meantime, If I feel like fiddling I might even put a stock TD04 turbo, wheels and exhaust back on it, spray the bonnet myself and recover a few pennies in the process.

so if i come over to look at the weekend and wanna buy it you not gonna sell it but i suppose you did say never say never as your opening line
Old 03-02-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemp View Post
so if i come over to look at the weekend and wanna buy it you not gonna sell it but i suppose you did say never say never as your opening line
lol - If you come over and like what ya see ... Then never say never and I'd still be happy to discuss a potential deal. But if nothing comes of it, I'll be keeping it for a while longer.

In all serious if you are thinking about coming over even if its to window shop. I have a manic weekend, and I'm going to be out most of Saturday afternoon and Sunday. But my plan is to replace a blowing exhaust gasket on the cat bypass pipe on Sat morning which should be a quickish job. So saturday morning is best, but just let us know what your thinking and I'll try and work around it. Cheers

p.s Big-E although snug fitted in the Drivers Seat Ok with Headroom as well.

Last edited by RobEvo5; 03-02-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
lol - If you come over and like what ya see ... Then never say never and I'd still be happy to discuss a potential deal. But if nothing comes of it, I'll be keeping it for a while longer.

In all serious if you are thinking about coming over even if its to window shop. I have a manic weekend, and I'm going to be out most of Saturday afternoon and Sunday. But my plan is to replace a blowing exhaust gasket on the cat bypass pipe on Sat morning which should be a quickish job. So saturday morning is best, but just let us know what your thinking and I'll try and work around it. Cheers

my old man is having some paint work done on his car on saturday morning so thats a no,no and my only time to shoot over is sunday afternoon but if you not about no worries(or i am off next week mon-fri if you are home at all in the daytime)
Cheers
Dave
Old 03-02-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemp View Post
my old man is having some paint work done on his car on saturday morning so thats a no,no and my only time to shoot over is sunday afternoon but if you not about no worries(or i am off next week mon-fri if you are home at all in the daytime)
Cheers
Dave
I'm bowling Saturday afternoon, and Its my daughters Birthday on Sunday, and not I'm totally sure what we have planned yet for Sunday. But its looking like shopping in the morning, then roller skating in the afternoon for a bit, followed by a meal out that night.

But I'm likely to be home at some point for some time on Sunday Afternoon. I'll let you know our movements once I know.

But if not Sunday then during the week is not a problem and you could meet us where I work which is local to where I live.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
I'm bowling Saturday afternoon, and Its my daughters Birthday on Sunday, and not I'm totally sure what we have planned yet for Sunday. But its looking like shopping in the morning, then roller skating in the afternoon for a bit, followed by a meal out that night.

But I'm likely to be home at some point for some time on Sunday Afternoon. I'll let you know our movements once I know.

But if not Sunday then during the week is not a problem and you could meet us where I work which is local to where I live.
Hi Rob,
I will leave it to the week as dont wanna screw up ya weekend as its your daughters birthday thats more important,will drop you a pm in the week
Cheers
Dave