South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru)

Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru) Show & Tell Your Pride & Joy (Non-Subaru)

Old 16-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Regular User

Default BMW's Past & Present.

Here is my current car a very rare 330i manual estate.

& What my Wife had before her STI...... a 130i and before that a blue car (look closely & you will see the child seat)

Old 16-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member

Where's Rob, he could fill this thread for pages with his history of BMWs?

Nice cars by the way
Old 16-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Platinum Member

now where are my photos of 2 x e30 m3's, 1x hartge h35 M3, 1 x e36 m3, 2 x e30 325i, 1 x e90 325d
Old 16-10-2014, 10:22 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
now where are my photos of 2 x e30 m3's, 1x hartge h35 M3, 1 x e36 m3, 2 x e30 325i, 1 x e90 325d
You had two E30 M3's? Bet you wish you still had them mate! I love M3's, one of my favourite cars and I'm always tempted to chop mine in for an E46.
Old 16-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not a Diesel!!! View Post
Here is my current car a very rare 330i manual estate.

& What my Wife had before her STI...... a 130i and before that a blue car (look closely & you will see the child seat)

What was the M coupe like mate?
Old 17-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Formerly STIWR1

325ci Sport Cov, 520d Sport Tourer - great cars, beautiful ballance and refinement
Old 17-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyStu View Post
You had two E30 M3's? Bet you wish you still had them mate! I love M3's, one of my favourite cars and I'm always tempted to chop mine in for an E46.
3 actually stu as the hartge was an H35 E30 M3 (had an M5 engine and one of I think six made)

poor pic I know

my 1st e30 M3 I cant find any pics off. Before digital photos probably
Old 17-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Gold Member

Ive had 3 in various guises.

E30 318is ( Crashed this into the quarry that's now Bluewater! )

E36 318is with full M3 kit

E36 M3 Harmann Tunned. This cost me a fortune, then my job changed which involved getting the train to work, so it sat for a year in a garage
Was shockingly quick though. Deer skin/hide seats too.

Old 17-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
3 actually stu as the hartge was an H35 E30 M3 (had an M5 engine and one of I think six made)

poor pic I know

my 1st e30 M3 I cant find any pics off. Before digital photos probably
Wow I didn't know they even existed. Poo the bed that must be worth some money now if it's still around in good nick?! You've had some lovely motors mate, very envious of you for that! In a good, admiring way of course
Old 17-10-2014, 09:06 PM
Regular User

I had an E30 M3 also for two years. Scariest car ever on test drives.

I remember Munich Legends taking me out in a trackmeister spec car very scary being on the rhs with no wheel! Then when I can to sell it & took people out for test drives equally scary.

The most gutting thing is when I got it in 2000 the garage had an Evo Sport M3 for about £2k more. So I could not afford it. Those cars are now POA when they come up for sale. But then I would have missed out on a lot of cars since then.... including the p1 that replaced it.
Old 17-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyStu View Post
What was the M coupe like mate?
It was our dream car since launch.We had it for about 13 months and as it was the wife's car I never drove it much. Amazing to look at and a real sense of occasion to drive or even sit in. Bought it at the wrong time in our life as we had a 3 year old at the time. Had we had it when there was two of us would have been brilliant.

But modern stuff is easier to drive fast. My car at the time was a Megane R26 with stage 1 remap. So that was probably lighter with more torque & much easier to drive quick.
Old 17-10-2014, 10:19 PM

Used to have a e30 m3 as well, same thing with sport evo , could have had ones for £9k, i'd be laughing now with prices from,£40 to £80k!
Old 18-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon_Si View Post
Used to have a e30 m3 as well, same thing with sport evo , could have had ones for £9k, i'd be laughing now with prices from,£40 to £80k!
Imagine that someone paying you £3k a year in appreciation to drive one of the finest drivers cars ever built.

I'd be scared to drive it!