South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 30-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Platinum Member

Default could this be the one!

Hi guys,

If this is still available by the weekend would like to go view it.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi.../100?logcode=p
Am i right in saying if it has a ppp kit its 316bhp.
and how can i be totally sure it has been fitted?

is there anyting i should like out for on these other than the normal and knocking rear shocks?

cheers benji
Old 30-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Platinum Member

Does sound like a good one, it should say somewhere in the paperwork if its been fitted i guess
Old 30-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Bronze Member

I had a card / certificate sort of thing in my paperwork indicating that the PPP had been fitted etc. Don't know for sure having only owned one, but I guess there would be something to that effect in all the papers somewhere.
Old 30-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Silver Member

i thought the ppp kit on an sti take the car up to 305BHP and 299lb torque from the original 265 bhp and 253lbft????

Best bet is give the owner a bell and tell them you want to go view it, ask him if he has the certificate...... if he doesn't give subaru a bell with the chassis number and they can tell you if it had the kit fitted, if you end up getting the car i think they can issue you a duplicate certificate too.....
Old 30-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Bronze Member

as far as im aware the upgrade was exhaust, ecu, and intercooler pipe - and you should be able to see it as it says 'prodrive' on it.

Scott
Old 30-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Platinum Member

still cant work out if a jdm with twin scroll is a better car tho??
Old 30-11-2011, 11:58 AM
worzel

As Tomma said, out of the box its 305/299, but if it's not been mapped at all, I would expect that to be under 300 now.

It looks a good one too, cam belt done recently, FSH etc etc.

Old 30-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Silver Member

i think its all down to personal preference and what your long term plans are for the car.....

Twin scrolls spool up quicker and if i'm correct will generate the same amount of boost as a single scroll turbo at a lower rpm....

they are generally more efficient and will work better than a single scroll at lower engine speeds and temperatures.... again, if i'm correct!!

Have a read of this..... its long and the words are small but will explain what you need to know about twin scrolls!

http://www.modified.com/tech/modp-09...n/viewall.html
Old 30-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Nige

Sounds like a good un buddy :rally:
Old 30-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma View Post
i thought the ppp kit on an sti take the car up to 305BHP and 299lb torque from the original 265 bhp and 253lbft????
Expect it to be a realistic 290-300bhp on the rollers, no more unless its had further mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie :) View Post
as far as im aware the upgrade was exhaust, ecu, and intercooler pipe - and you should be able to see it as it says 'prodrive' on it.
On the WRX:
- Backbox, centre decat, intercooler hose, ecu map.

On the STI:
- Backbox, centre decat, sportscat downpipe, ecu map. The STI didn't get the blue Prodrive intercooler hose - they left the red elbow hose as standard.

Old 30-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Platinum Member

What did the JDM have out of the box power wise?
the UK does look promising, arranged to speak to the chap later on today.
just want a fast road spec car. even thought of an evo but they are more expensive than a scoob.