South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > Meet / Event Pics & Vids

Meet / Event Pics & Vids Post all your meet / event pictures here.

Old 29-10-2015, 05:51 PM
Gold Member

Default World Rallycross Championship R12 – Franciacorta

My last rallycross outing of the year, this time to Italy. It was a rather mixed weekend: one enjoyable day of sunshine and racing, one not so enjoyable day thanks to heavy rain and a rather bad case of food poisoning!

Managed to get a few shots on both days though, here are some of my faves…

BTCC driver Andrew Jordan was filling in for Mattias Ekstrom in one of the EKS Audi S1’s. He looked quick in practise, but unfortunately a technical issue with the car put him out for the weekend.

The OMSE Fiestas have been upgraded in the last few months and the changes showed here, as all three OMSE cars were quick.

Tommy Rustad won the European Rallycross final and secured the 2015 European Rallycross Championship from Jerome Grosset-Janin.

Gigi Galli debuted his new Kia Rio Supercar. It looked great in practise, but didn’t make it out for the heats. Shame, but I’m sure it will be back next year!

Ulrik Linnemann was the man to beat in Super 1600, though his erratic performance during the year meant he was out of contention for the Super 1600 Championship.

Petter Solberg’s Championship lead has been slowly decreasing over the last few rounds as Timmy Hansen has been on a winning streak. Petter was fast but sensible in Italy, as he just needs to be consistent to win the 2015 World Championship.

Timmy Hansen was very fast all weekend and looked like he would take a bit more out of Solberg’s lead. Unfortunately a crash in the first semi-final put him out of the racing: and seemingly out of the Championship. Petter now needs just four points in Argentina to lift the title.

Overall winner of the weekend was Andreas Bakkerud. He wasn’t the quickest off the blocks on Saturday, but he was flying on Sunday and won the final by a couple of seconds.

Other than my disagreement with the local cuisine it was an excellent weekend of racing: next year’s Championship can’t arrive soon enough!
Old 29-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Nice one mate, flying out to italy for a days rallycross eh, top effort!

Didn't realise Gigi Galli was doing that, thought he'd retired after his WRC days. Good to see he's still got the bug.
Old 29-10-2015, 07:36 PM
Silver Member

Great stuff Steve - love the 'in-flight' entertainment
Old 30-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Nice one mate, flying out to italy for a days rallycross eh, top effort!
We flew out to Italy on the Friday, had two days at the track and then came back on the Monday. It was booked months ago and actually worked out pretty cheap between us (four people).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Didn't realise Gigi Galli was doing that, thought he'd retired after his WRC days. Good to see he's still got the bug.
Oh yeah, he still seems to be well into it! He ran an OMSE Ford in Italy last year, this was the debut of his Kia Rio Supercar. I believe he is planning a full World Championship with the Rio next year! :thumbup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
Great stuff Steve - love the 'in-flight' entertainment
Some of the drivers were carrying some serious speed as they came onto the first jump: so lots of daylight under the tyres!
Old 30-10-2015, 09:32 AM

as always an amazing set of pics

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 02-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 View Post
as always an amazing set of pics
Cheers!
Old 14-11-2015, 07:05 AM
Regular User

I am reading only now this thread

Great and nice pics

I live in italy , do you come back in italy ?

Regards Luca
Old 14-11-2015, 08:02 AM
Gold Member

brilliant pictures..must get myself there one day
Old 14-11-2015, 04:31 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang. View Post
I am reading only now this thread

Great and nice pics

I live in italy , do you come back in italy ?

Regards Luca
There isn't a round of the World Rallycross Championship in Italy next year, so I'm not planning a return trip to Italy. Might do it as a holiday at some point though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by munk View Post
brilliant pictures..must get myself there one day
It was a pretty interesting track; they had full tarmac and motocross circuits there as well.

I saw that the circuit was in financial trouble last week though so, sadly, I don't know how much longer it will be around for.