South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 28-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Bronze Member

Default Lafarge Chimney Demolition today

Well, we went up to Northfleet today to see the two 550ft towers of the Lafarge Cement Factory being demolished and I gotta tell ya, iut was an awsome sight and probably something I won't see again in my lifetime. To make it even better, Richard Hammond from Top Gear was there to destroy the Lacetti they use for their 'Star in a reasonably priced car' section. I'll post up a complete stitched video later to show the Lacetti at the foot of one of the towers and also Hammond himself who wasn't far away from us

For now though, I'll leave you with this short version of the actual time the towers came down. We were originally stood over by the railings (by the bus stop) which was the best position possible but the ol' bill moved us to the other side of the road because of a very, very small chance of a landslide caused by the shockwave....spoil sports Still, we still had a very good sight from where we were You'll have to forgive my neanderthal noises as they come down but it really was an awsome sight and the noise when the first chimney hits the floor was bone shaking

YouTubed in HD here

Ok, so it's not an Impreza but I need room for the dog so
Old 28-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Bronze Member

Christ, the first one really did come down with quite a bang! Love to see something like this sometime...
Old 28-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
Christ, the first one really did come down with quite a bang! Love to see something like this sometime...
We drove an hour and a half to see it I spotted it on the news the other night and thought it'd be great to see and the kids loved it too. The noise the first one made when it came down scared one of my girls that much, she burt into tears .

Old 28-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatz View Post
was an awsome sight and probably something I won't see again in my lifetime
Prob not unless there going to rebuild it brick by brick to blow it up again
Old 28-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
Prob not unless there going to rebuild it brick by brick to blow it up again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX??? View Post

bet that was a fun day out

never beat Fred Dibnah though
The man was a legend RIP!

Was a nice blast up the A21 Although, seeing as I haven't had the work done on my car yet, she leaked a nice bit of oil outta the crank seal again

Old 28-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Just seen it on the news.

It must have been quite something live.
Old 28-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
Just seen it on the news.

It must have been quite something live.
Certainly was Ian! If you listened carefully, you would have heard me going Whaaaaaarrrrrhhhhhh on the news as they were right behind us on a scaffold

I'm just trying to upload a fuller edited version to YouTube which shows The Hamster and the Lacetti aswell

Old 29-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Bronze Member

Here's a slightly longer YouYube video I uploaded which includes footage of the Top Gear Lacetti and it's very own Richard Hammond