South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Other Events

Other Events Other Regional Events, National Events, Track Days, Tunnel Runs Etc Etc

Old 18-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member

Default Santa run

Hi everyone.

Dont know if this club does this, but thought about a santa run, where we go around collecting toys and presents and giving them to children around christmas time.

We would visit care homes, hospitals and hospices etc, just an idea thats all.
would be great to give to kids who wont get anything or very little and making christmas special for them.

Feedback please if im not treading on anybodys toes, sorry if so. Put this on s.s also
Old 18-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Santa run

To my knowledge, nobody (unless Surrey?) within our little area does this. There are many groups in SIDC that do it, and their reports appear in True Grip every year.

It would be nice to do something certainly, but I believe it requires an awful lot of organisation!!
Old 18-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Silver Member

What a lovely idea
Old 19-09-2008, 07:47 AM
Platinum Member

ok thanks to all for their support I think I better get the ball rolling on this, going to speak to a few childrens charities today and get some feedback on where to head to, any ideas of childrens homes/hospices in anyones area, let me know and any ideas on a possible route, i.e pease pottage to crawley-horsham-haywards heath-lewis eastbourne-brighton-etc.

All input will be gratefully appretiated and hope Me and Shaz can do us all proud as well as all of you, in giving to children less fortunate, making this christmas extra special.

I have only found Chestnut tree childrens hospice near arundel, and Childrens hospital in brighton so far, any more anybody know about, as cant find many around this county?

Would like to get a few companies involved in this eventually to provide toys etc, or donations, hope the moderators are happy me doing this as long as I dont break any rules.
Old 19-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Platinum Member

It would be a good idea to seek advice, perhaps on Scoobynet or SIDC, about this. I know there are sometimes problems when a whole herd of cars turn up - parking at hospitals is difficult at best of times!

As I said previously, this will not be a breeze to organise and plan effectively.
Old 19-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks Keith for the advice will get on to scoobynet asap, we will sort out participation in due course.
Old 24-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member

Ok here goes, just been in contact with Phil on SIDC and he has pointed me in the right direction.

All those who wish to help, we need to get local businesses to donate things for an auction so to raise money for the toys etc so people with contacts can you help us here. We will need donations of selection packs and chocolate bars or similar.

We would like to do a car boot sale so donations for this would be grateful.

We think the best thing to do as this is the first year, is to go to one destination or two tops and we will liase with them directly.

We will get radio stations involved as much as we can, as well as local pubs we do our meets at to donate meals etc for the auction.

All the above are ideas and we welcome any fresh ideas and most importantly the backing of the club. This is for children who will be hospitalised over christmas, lets make this special for them.

Many thanks, Baz and Shaz
Old 24-09-2008, 10:24 PM
worzel

No problem in helping out. Obviously I can help from a printing point of view.
Old 25-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel
No problem in helping out. Obviously I can help from a printing point of view.
Thanks mate, thinking once we have sorted the destination/date/donation providers will need some flyers made if we get it sorted in time lol

Baz and Shaz
Old 05-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member

Ok due to the difficulty we are facing with this, going to not go ahead with it this year as there is just not enough time, so we will start the ball rolling next year around May time.

Hope I can drum up enough support and donations etc then.

Many thanks for the people who supported us on this and hope we can count on your support and everybodys input next year.

Baz and Shaz
Old 05-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Platinum Member

That is very sensible Baz. It wants to be a success, with as much benefit for the kiddies as possible, and planning it well early should go a long way to ensuring the run meets it's objectives.