South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 26-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Bronze Member

Default Will that buff out??

This is an STi that my friend owns, had it stolen and had a little dent put in it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smash.jpg (92.5 KB, 70 views)
Old 26-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Gold Member

****. I hope they caught those responsible?
Old 26-01-2011, 11:52 AM
worzel

Bloody hell!

I would not usually say this, but I hope they got ****ing hurt in the crash!
Old 26-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Gold Member

it still looks hard though even with that scratch
Old 26-01-2011, 01:25 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Blimey mate. I've got some scratch X, more than happy to try it.

All joking aside, I hope they got caught. Looks a nice STi that one.
Old 26-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Blimey mate. I've got some scratch X, more than happy to try it.

All joking aside, I hope they got caught. Looks a nice STi that one.

Haha, I told him to get some silver polish and T-Cut and it'll be good-as-new... Lol
Old 26-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Silver Member

Gutted!!!!
Old 26-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Bronze Member

Yeah that must be sickening! If I still had my scoob and that had happened to me I would have been sooooooo pi$$ed off.
I couldn't care less if someone did that to my current car though, at least it would reduce the weight and cost me even less on diesel.
Old 26-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

how the hell did they do that? It looks like a narrow side street with those bollards - but that looks like a fairly quick accident!
Old 26-01-2011, 02:38 PM
SES Mercedes Division

I've got an old bottle of T-cut if you wanna give it a go, but kight be a bit too deep to polish out

Hope they get the scumbag who stole it
Old 26-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
I've got an old bottle of T-cut if you wanna give it a go, but kight be a bit too deep to polish out

Hope they get the scumbag who stole it
Haha!!!
Old 26-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Bronze Member

A couple more..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smash wheel.jpg (99.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg smash3.jpg (94.1 KB, 34 views)
Old 26-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Nige

What did they hit?
Old 26-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Bronze Member

I have just emailed him back and asked him 1) Did they catch the people that did it? 2) what did the car hit?
I will post his reply in here, I can't imagine what the hell they hit to do that to it!
Old 26-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Nige

Ive never seen a door skin taken clean off like that in an accident. Normally the door complete would be off! Scoobs are normally very good in accidents so be disappointed the people in that car probably wont even have a scratch. Its just a shame that when your pride & joy gets stolen & then damaged like that. The thief's just laugh it off. They know that most of them just get a small fine & a slap on the wrist.
Old 27-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Bronze Member

This was my friends reply to the questions I asked him about his wrecked STi:

Hi Paul
My house was broken into and the keys taken, just outside my village there is a 1 mile straight road with a tight corner at the end, the police recon they were doing atleast 120mph before they smashed into a wall and fled the car. A passing by motorist said they saw someone run off into some fields. Scumbags didnt even take it 2 miles away before wrecking it.
Old 27-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Regular User

Seems to be more common for car thieves to break into houses for keys than to try breaking into car.
People arnt safe in there own home, worrying fact, more so now that I have 6month old child.