South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Show 'N' Shine

Show 'N' Shine Cleaning / Detailing Talk

Old 02-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Regular User

Default 45hrs on a Bentley Azure

Hi Folks.

Haven't posted much work up lately due to being to busy with little jobs and spending a good bit of time sorting out the new branding image for my company.

I have traded as Race Valeting since 2006 and mainly got into the top end detailing over the past 2 years with some great success, every now and then I still get calls with regards the valeting side of things which im trying to move away from now and focus all my time, direction onto progressing my detailing.

I have already sorted out the new company name 'Hampshire Vehicle Detailing' and have had a new logo designed along with my new colour scheme for clothing etc etc, new site is also being built as we speak.

Race Valeting will still remain, eventually if things stay busy I will have someone to run the valeting side of things under this name and i'll be able to focus on my aim.

Anyway enough of the blubber lets get on with the car.

Its a 2007 Bentley Azure convertable which has a 6.75 ltr twin turbo engine producing around 500bhp, but due to the size it needs it all.

The car on arrival was pretty clean just lacking some really depth/gloss to the paintwork and also had lots and lots of DA sanding marks along with a fair share of swirls and scratches.

I had the car in for 5 days to carry out the full detail, inc full interior/engine bay and also to fabric guard the roof.

Anyway i'll let the video do the talking, take it easy on me its my first vid so C&C welcome as usual.

YouTube- Hampshire Vehicle Detailing Vs Bentley azure Detail

Thanks for reading and watching.

Rgds
Paul

Last edited by HVDetailing; 02-05-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Regular User

Yes bodyshops normally machine polish with something like Farcela G3 and then top that with a heavy filler polish like srp or a glaze masking the marks until they get washed out.

The incorrect washing won't help as the fillers will be washed out by using strong shampoo mix hence the sanding marks showing through, if bodyshops just knew/had the time to machine polish correctly and fully correct the marks from the start we would have all these badly prepped cars around.

A full 'Correction' is correcting the lacquer and not just masking the problems, so if the right wash methods are carried out the car should remain pretty much swirl free.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX??? View Post
Good work and good vid it is better with the volume off though perhaps i'm getting oldlden:

Do the bodyshops just cover the sanding marks with a Glaze or similar then! surely people wouldn't accept a car back in such a state?

Does the incorrect washing procedure whilst contributing to the marring really just reduce the cover and eventually the sanding marks show through?

Tags
bentley detailer, bentley detailing, hampshirevehicledetailing, zymol vintage