South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Other Events

Other Events Other Regional Events, National Events, Track Days, Tunnel Runs Etc Etc

Old 06-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Platinum Member

Default Brands Evenings @ £99

Few dates at a better price now,
£99 instead of usual £139

http://www.opentrack.co.uk/product-c.../brands-hatch/
Old 07-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Authorised Trader

Personally I'm only looking at MSV hosted days at the moment.

I have no issues with Opentrack or Dave, but some of the driving I've seen on certain Opentrack days is shocking am I'm amazed there haven't been big accidents.

The last one i attended I was stuck in the pits until gone 11am, as there were red flags and track closures from the start - including a car on its side on the sighting laps!

Unfortunately some poor driving went unpunished, and I'm not willing to risk having my car damaged by someone who should have been black flagged several times.

I certainly hope things have changed, and I'd certainly like to do another Opentrack event, but until I see things have changed I'm not booking.

(Sorry for the moan)
Old 07-07-2017, 11:24 PM
Platinum Member

That's not great to hear,, I've only done one with them couple years ago..
Not nice to see that sort of driving going on ..
Old 07-07-2017, 11:57 PM
Authorised Trader

I don't mean to be negative, I know a few people who use them on a regular basis.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:12 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moley_WRX View Post
Personally I'm only looking at MSV hosted days at the moment.

I have no issues with Opentrack or Dave, but some of the driving I've seen on certain Opentrack days is shocking am I'm amazed there haven't been big accidents.

The last one i attended I was stuck in the pits until gone 11am, as there were red flags and track closures from the start - including a car on its side on the sighting laps!

Unfortunately some poor driving went unpunished, and I'm not willing to risk having my car damaged by someone who should have been black flagged several times.

I certainly hope things have changed, and I'd certainly like to do another Opentrack event, but until I see things have changed I'm not booking.

(Sorry for the moan)
To be fair I've found that it doesn't matter who you book a track day with now, or even where you go . Driving standards have dropped and the organisers don't really care as long as it's money in the bank .