South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Members Car Profiles

Members Car Profiles Show & Tell Your Pride & Joy

Old 24-01-2019, 08:50 PM
Platinum Member

Nice , is that a beat rush brace and brake stopper?
Old 24-01-2019, 09:34 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Try again it's the big blue thing! I already have a whiteline brace but the brake stoppers not a bad idea!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter

Last edited by SpecB; 25-01-2019 at 10:03 AM.
Old 25-01-2019, 09:43 AM
Platinum Member

lol i meant is that a beat rush parts i can spot fitted already?
i can see the samco intake pipe lol..
Old 25-01-2019, 09:58 AM

The pictures not my car - the hose is a special order part - took a bit of digging to find a UK supplier even though they are made here as I didn't fancy paying for a hose to travel to Japan and back!

I am now trying to find a brake stopper though!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 25-01-2019, 12:17 PM
Platinum Member

ahh i see , understand now, i was going to ask you a question on the stopper if they was worth it?
Old 25-01-2019, 12:30 PM

I had a CDF one on the Impreza and yes you could feel the difference.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:38 PM

Just a minor cosmetic touch.

Old 09-03-2019, 01:17 PM

Just fitted the Samco intake hose - should be a bit less restrictive now the old hose had a resonator and corrugations in it - also noticed when I removed it that it had been pinched at the airbag possibly causing an air leak post MAF.. In the next couple of weeks I'm also going to swap the K & N for a Cosworth filter, clean the MAF and remove the airbag resonator to try and clean up the intake route.

Last edited by SpecB; 25-08-2020 at 11:21 AM.
Old 17-03-2019, 08:31 PM

No longer and oily K & N filter as I’ve now fitted the Cosworth dry version - car already feels better with the MAF cleaned as well - the old filter was also filthy (think it’s been 2 years since last cleaned) so not helping things. Only bugger is I broke the engine cover taking it off so now running without!
Old 18-03-2019, 12:20 AM
Gold Member

Hi Nick,bad news on the engine cover,does changing the standard air filter for a cosworth one make much difference?
Old 18-03-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Hi Nick,bad news on the engine cover,does changing the standard air filter for a cosworth one make much difference?

There was a definite improvement when I went dirty OE to K & N, this time again there feels to have been an improvement between the dirty (2 years since the last clean I think) K & N and the Cosworth. Not sure if it’s the filter or the fact it’s clean that’s made the difference but I’m definitely happier not having an oiled filter now as the MAF again was looking very dirty. As I cleaned the MAF when doing the filter it may be that that has improved the running as Id developed a bit of a flat spot/judder when coming off or accelerating after a period of light throttle running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28-05-2019, 09:56 PM

Having a bit of a play with a spare grille has resulted in this - need to properly attach the mesh and paint the inside. Probably going to paint the chrome (it’s chrome paint) the same gunmetal as the roof rails. I did consider trying to wrap it carbon but don’t think it’ll Work as the edge will be exposed.

Last edited by SpecB; 28-05-2019 at 09:58 PM.
Old 29-05-2019, 03:38 PM

more airflowz!

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 29-05-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginola View Post
more airflowz!
Will be a nice space to fit a mini radiator!
Old 07-04-2020, 06:14 PM

Been a while since anything’s happened but I’ve swapped the front bumper for a less buggered one (still not 100% happy with it tbh). Replaced the square plate with a UK plate and replaced the eyebrows due to an incident on the motorway (note to self cheap knock off 3M tape is not good over 70mph).
I’m in the process of getting the rear Brembos ready for fitting then it’s just a full cosmetic sort out which will have to involve pretty much a full respray or I may go with a wrap (although I think the paints too bad for a decent wrap.

Last edited by SpecB; 10-05-2020 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:19 PM
Silver Member

Plate looks so much better.
You lost your shoes?

Last edited by alfa male; 07-04-2020 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa male View Post
Plate looks so much better.
You lost your shoes?
FFS spent ages trying to get my shadow out of the picture!
Old 08-04-2020, 09:17 AM
Gold Member

Car looks good Nick. Well spotted Alfa Male, bit concerned he may have lost his trousers aswell.
Old 17-04-2020, 03:21 PM

Having given up replacing the lower ball joint the garage also had issues having to remove the whole hub and the extract the broken pinch bolt! All back together with no knocks/rattles now! They also had to patch up the brake backing plate with a bit of weld before it fell off! Unfortunately due to the design on the legacy to remove the backing plat you have to remove the bearing as well and the fact the pinch bolt was corroded solid means the bearing is probably in the same state!

So on the way to me is a set of JDM front hubs and Alloy wishbones which I will refurbish with new bearings and fully poly bush before swapping over. Anybody got any tips for paints for the hub/steering knuckle?
Old 17-04-2020, 09:03 PM
Platinum Member

Any possibility you could get them powder coated, would be a lot better finish and hard wearing, just depends on how much of a rush you're in?

I was cleaning up the piston on the rear caliper of mine earlier and noticed the stone guard was a little worse for wear as I was putting it back together.
Old 18-04-2020, 07:53 AM

Was thinking of powder coat but knowing how susceptible it is to chipping compared to proper chassis paints plus the benefit of being able to do it at hone I thought I’d go the DIY route. I can get new backing plates for £30 a pair but on all honesty will probably just leave them off as they are only for the 315mm standard brakes rather that the 330mm Brembos I have fitted anyway.
I will look at the design of the STI backing plates and see if they can be fitted but I don’t really see the need to re-fit them, unless they serve a purpose I’m not aware of other than to trap stones!
Old 28-04-2020, 12:52 PM

Should help with the front end refresh!
To go with the refurbished uprights, JDM alloy lower arms and full set of superpro bushes including bump steer. All bolted to the almost new Bilstein and STI pinks!
Old 29-04-2020, 09:33 AM
Authorised Trader

your probably aware but the droplinks differ between the steel and alloy arm set-up........

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 29-04-2020, 12:06 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecB View Post
Should help with the front end refresh!
To go with the refurbished uprights, JDM alloy lower arms and full set of superpro bushes including bump steer. All bolted to the almost new Bilstein and STI pinks!
Smart! Was this the icp easy fit set up.?
Old 29-04-2020, 04:36 PM
Platinum Member

Are you going to top up the paint on the stone guard? I dont know how they get such a thin, even coat on without metal showing through. Noticed the rears on mine are decidedly flaky when I did the pads at the weekend.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:32 PM

Not planning on adding to the paint on the stone guards as the originals did 130k miles and 15 years so should outlast my ownership!
These arrived today though!

Last edited by SpecB; 10-05-2020 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-05-2020, 04:56 PM

The strip and rebuild of the font end is getting there!
Had a few Issues with getting the replacement used hubs tidied up - The ball joint socket and bearing setting faces all need significant cleaning with a die grinder to get the new parts to fit.
All the threads were cleaned/re-tapped and the hub repainted before re-assembly with new Bearings, bolts and brake backing plates.
Before and after below!

Now struggling to get the ABS sensors out of the existing hubs on the car - bolts are out but sensors wont't budge.

Last edited by SpecB; 10-05-2020 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asperformance View Post
your probably aware but the droplinks differ between the steel and alloy arm set-up........
I wasn't! May need to look into this.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:43 PM

All fitted and ready for alignment!

Old 10-05-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby doo View Post
Smart! Was this the icp easy fit set up.?
Unfortunately I don't think they do one for the legacy so I've sourced a set of used uprights to refurbish with the new parts.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:03 PM
Platinum Member

looks good Nick..should notice a difference after all that!
Old 12-05-2020, 07:44 AM

Even on the drive home it was obvious that it is much more sorted again - body roll feels reduced and turn in is sharper again.
The rear alignment isn’t perfect as the car has developed a bit too much toe in and the rear toe bushes were seized. Also still running more camber than desired on the rear to set the wheels to clear the arches. Will possibly drop the width of the tyres from 235 to 225 when I replace them.
I’m currently trying to source the parts to do a similar job on the rear using the JDM alloy trailing arms and most likely the white line lateral links so there is more adjustment to try and sort the rear alignment out.
Old 17-07-2020, 01:41 PM

Latest arrivals - just waiting on the refurbished calipers and need to buy discs and pads from the rear.

Last edited by SpecB; 17-07-2020 at 01:51 PM.
Old 24-08-2020, 11:21 AM

Finally got the OE mesh grille! These are like rocking horse sh!t for the 3.0 bumper!
Old 25-08-2020, 11:20 AM

Another purchase due to an exhaust blow in the headers.
Old 25-08-2020, 11:46 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Shiny. Love the new grill, so much better.
Old 25-08-2020, 03:13 PM
Platinum Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecB View Post
Another purchase due to an exhaust blow in the headers.
Ooooo will sound good.
Old 22-12-2020, 09:28 AM

It's dead! Had a 'new' JDM engine fitted by Hallie (Legacy Guru) and it's got exactly the same symptoms (but worse) than mine had so looks like the replacement also had a blown HG.
My engine was bubbling in the coolant tank and would push coolant out until it ran hot (never in the red) when pushed hard or towing, rarely on short 'normal' drives the replacement will push coolant out after 10 mins or so when up to temp. give the heater matrix and radiator flow cleanly and appear to have no restrictions then the only culprit can be the engine as the air is getting in somewhere!

Engine was supplied by Nippon Autospares (Derby) and I'm waiting on the outcome of the warranty claim, however i'm outside the 3 months as I couldn't get it fitted in time and they are claiming that my Radiator must have caused my HG to go and has now done the same to the new one. I'm probably putting some Impreza compatible bits up for sale shortly, namely rear brembo conversion parts and STI front discs/pads if there's any desire?...
Old 22-12-2020, 11:38 AM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Sorry to hear this Nick..

So now what??
Old 22-12-2020, 02:38 PM

They’ve agreed to fix the issue under the warranty so I have to get the car up to Derby in the new year. So for now I’m going that route. I may still sell it after it’s fixed to downsize to a hot hatch (possibly of the french persuasion) assuming Sian gets the big Merc for towing!